What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

wfbpRVM.jpg

I dont think so. It might be a low energy laser that is used against small drones. But that's just a guess, it might be something else.

Maybe it is for to mark targets for smart laser guided arty shells. Russia already put some laser on their drones to mark the targets for their arty shells.

Maybe it is for to mark targets for smart laser guided arty shells. Russia already put some laser on their drones to mark the targets for their arty shells.
It might be that, but I just feel that it's too big to be used for such a task.

What is there on top of the quadcopter?
Why did we need a similar quadcopter of the same size?

Attachments

• F93240CF-41A2-4796-AA4D-3B22E87DCBA7.jpeg
    F93240CF-41A2-4796-AA4D-3B22E87DCBA7.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It might be that, but I just feel that it's too big to be used for such a task.

blob.jpeg

These are laser designators.

So if what Iran unveiled is indeed one to be used by SF operators, then it is more compact and portable.

Also doesn’t apply to just artillery shells, Mortors, but PGMs/missiles as well From drones, helicopters, fighter jets.

blob.jpeg

These are laser designators.

So if what Iran unveiled is indeed one to be used by SF operators, then it is more compact and portable.

Also doesn’t apply to just artillery shells, Mortors, but PGMs/missiles as well From drones, helicopters, fighter jets.
Well it could be that. But it's a new design that's not similar to other laser designators that are either box shaped or similar to binoculars. But if it's a designator then yes this new shape should make it easier to handle and move around.

The new RPD upgrade "Thaban" featured an red dot optic manufactured by Rayan Roshd

EbgGDjgWAAAdVeg

http://www.rayanroshd.ir/pages-12.html

1471200164.png

Good to see IRGC is using more in-house equipment, rather than just copping a cheap optic of Alibaba.

I think the biggest obstacle to mass production of a new infantry rifle in Iran is the lack of optics. Hopefully this will lead to more developments in weapon optics. A range of holographic and red dot sights would be very applicable to Iran's allies, so long as they can keep the cost low.

Back
Top Bottom