What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Iran’s Army Furnished with New Drones

The Iranian Army Ground Force received an advanced drone that will be used for combat and reconnaissance missions along the country’s northeastern border.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019/07/17/2056567/iran-s-army-furnished-with-new-drones

this is the first time that Iran said the range of the Mohajer-6 drone. :-)

The newest generation of Mohajer drone can fly in a range of 2,000 kilometers, has a flight endurance of 24 hours, and is equipped with two smart bombs with pinpoint accuracy, dubbed Qaem.

my cousin in IRGC sent me this:
f89503_.jpg

has it been unveiled yet?

my cousin in IRGC sent me this:
f89503_.jpg

has it been unveiled yet?

no but they said they going to unveil one soon its beautiful

Iran to Unveil New Military Vehicle

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s Defense Ministry is developing a new military vehicle that will come into service in near future, Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami said.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019/07/15/2054423/iran-to-unveil-new-military-vehicle

I don’t think so.

Last year they unveiled a 4 x 4

images

Looks like a 6 x 6 version of Turkey’s Kripi MRAP

577182b15a62d_27.jpg
these days every one of them look like each other.

The 6 x 6 MRAP is sub par if it’s not equipped with radio/laser jammers. Radio for when traveling over IEDs to jam detonation signal and laser jammer to prevent lock on by anti armour missile.

Nonetheless it’s better than a Toyota pick up truck I see border guards using.

Iranian BTR-82(BTR-60 with diesel engine upgrade) with new one man turret armed with 23mm Zu-23 cannon. Who ever thought putting ERA on this is a good idea, is an idiot!

Russian BTR

main-qimg-8ee754933aa63821db412c11285e8885-c

Iran has done it before

Iran_New_Heidar-7_Heydar-7_8x8_armoured_APC_unveiled_by_Iranian_Defense_Industry_925_001.jpg

Iran’s engineers have thought wether the ERA could penetrate into the carrier.

Reason why you don’t see more APCs with ERA is because they follow behind tanks and with air support, thus its unnecessary especially if the apc employs cages around it. Persian and Arab armies use APCs as tanks to spearhead charges and that is a no no.

Purpose of APC is to transport soldiers and provide light covering fire against small arms fire. They are not designed to be used against frontline anti tank crews.

This is why Hezbollah was able to score so many casualties on Israeli armour during the war.

Back
Top Bottom