What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Which tank is this armour going to be used on? Zulfiqar? Or is it for Upgrades on older tanks?

Better question would be... is it ERA, or Composite armour. As for now, nothing is known about this Armour except being "5th generation" and there is nothing in Terminology as a "5th generation armour".

Again no data/info/specs...nothing but they produced world's most awesome tank armour.

Congratulations. :cheers:

Anyways, troll posts below will get deleted.

It seems it is just OP's fantasy that this armour is "5th generation". No need to discuss on a mere picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate , for gods sake read the title !!!

its not reactive armor !!

ERA is third generation , this is 5th gen tech we are talking about !!!!

do you know how many countries currently possess the tech ?

no , this is fith gen tech .

only china , US and russia posess the tech beside iran :) ahah ! and germany !!

congrats on becoming the only country in the world to have made a "5th" gen armour. Now please enlighten us all on its mechanism and other functions. :rofl:

this design is formed to prevent Explosively formed penetrator projectiles and Top attacking missiles (like javelin for example) from doing any damage on the vehicle .

this will significantly improve the vehicles stability and liability in battlefield .

kudos to our engineers

in simpler words, it is a simple indigenously produced explosive reactive armour

@Penguin what is your view on this?
Is there similar armours like this? Can you explain the effectiveness.
Thanks
Merkava uses add on armor against top attack. Top attack is used e.e.g by Bill ATGW and JSOW with antiarmor sumunitions, so it is a danger. Uparmored German tanks have toot

Are you stupid or what? Iran has been making "simple" ERA for a while now.
You need to stick to your al khalid or whatever it's called which a junk Chinese rip off. It looks like it would melt if a pigeon defecated on it.

mechanism plz

so this is just to protect the tank from ATGM missiles that explode on top relying on the ammo to explode?
and not ATGM that hit the tank on top like Spyke?

who said that ? he himself ? lol , no wonder they end up blown up in lebenon .

anyway , dont believe people over internet .

out of hundreds of tanks participating in the war Israel only lost 5
pretty good I would say

congrats on becoming the only country in the world to have made a "5th" gen armour. Now please enlighten us all on its mechanism and other functions.
dear , i donno why serpentine keeps deleting my posts here .

anyway , as a TT , you're expected not to troll , cause a troll would answer u in this way : whatever it is , its much better than chinese type-90 rip off :D :D

anyhow , mechanism not known , but its not a reactive armor .

in simpler words, it is a simple indigenously produced explosive reactive armour
so i'll explain this once for all :

reactive armors are designed to prevent the enemies missile/projectile to actually penetrate further .

each AT missile has 1-3 stages of explosion , each designed to defeat a part of tank's defensive armor . reactive armor is just a part of this shield .

when a missile hits a reactive armor , the reactive armor explodes in the opposite direction of the projectile to defuse its attempt in penetrating the tank , if it succeeds in doing so , there will be a big problem afterwards !!

the tank will remain defenseless in that part its body !! since ERAs are only used once , when it explodes , its done !!

now , this iranian shield is not ERA !!! it can be used again and it doesnt explode !!

its like talking to a dumb stupid wall though !!! i'm sure another jealous piece of ....... will come up with this ERA thing in 5 minutes .

the most funny part is , that i was the one letting them know what ERA is in the first place ......lol if i didnt explain at the begining of the thread most of people didnt even know what the fook ERA stands for ...

peace :)

dear , i donno why serpentine keeps deleting my posts here .

anyway , as a TT , you're expected not to troll , cause a troll would answer u in this way : whatever it is , its much better than chinese type-90 rip off :D :D

anyhow , mechanism not known , but its not a reactive armor .

so i'll explain this once for all :

reactive armors are designed to prevent the enemies missile/projectile to actually penetrate further .

each AT missile has 1-3 stages of explosion , each designed to defeat a part of tank's defensive armor . reactive armor is just a part of this shield .

when a missile hits a reactive armor , the reactive armor explodes in the opposite direction of the projectile to defuse its attempt in penetrating the tank , if it succeeds in doing so , there will be a big problem afterwards !!

the tank will remain defenseless in that part its body !! since ERAs are only used once , when it explodes , its done !!

now , this iranian shield is not ERA !!! it can be used again and it doesnt explode !!

its like talking to a dumb stupid wall though !!! i'm sure another jealous piece of ....... will come up with this ERA thing in 5 minutes .

the most funny part is , that i was the one letting them know what ERA is in the first place ......lol if i didnt explain at the begining of the thread most of people didnt even know what the fook ERA stands for ...

peace :)

there is no trolling in my comments, your claims of 5th gen armour are funny to say the least. Unless the working mechanism are understood, such claims are just hogwash. Ever heard of CLARA, NxRA, NERA? Does Iran make any of these? These are the modern standard in composite armour tech in the world as of now but none of them is classified as 4th gen, you see where i am heading? How Iran came up with 5th gen? What mechanism is involved to achieve sufficient APFSDS, HEAT protection?

541.jpg

542.jpg

image.jpg

hghghghghghghhhhhhhhhhhhh.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom