What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Last edited:

5.45x39mm is comparable to 5.56mm NATO and is small enough that a experimental personal defense weapons was made in Soviet Union that weighed less than 2 kilograms.

Seems ideal for conscripts and material wise.
if it have full automatic then its not ideal for conscript at all unless we increase training period to 6 month, that gun is made for indoor scenarios

if it have full automatic then its not ideal for conscript at all unless we increase training period to 6 month, that gun is made for indoor scenarios
It was one of competitors for carbine rifles in which AK74U won since it is afterall AK74 derived while AO-46 was entirely new design with no part compatibility and only commonality being cartridge it used.

Weight of MP7 and power of AK74U.

It was one of competitors for carbine rifles in which AK74U won since it is afterall AK74 derived while AO-46 was entirely new design with no part compatibility and only commonality being cartridge it used.

Weight of MP7 and power of AK74U.
that's not the problem , the problem is that conscript are extremally inaccurate , and get excited and empty the magazine in the air and then they had to use the gun as a club , non of the one I saw were trained enough to first assess the situation they are in

that's not the problem , the problem is that conscript are extremally inaccurate , and get excited and empty the magazine in the air and then they had to use the gun as a club , non of the one I saw were trained enough to first assess the situation they are in
I mean, in theory if Iran choose to produce it they could modify to limit to semi auto or triple shot burst.

I mean, in theory if Iran choose to produce it they could modify to limit to semi auto or triple shot burst.
that's a taught, but you must first make the armed force willing to change the weapon .
i think at least police force can benefit from the gun. it can replace the AK-47 and Mp-5 (Tondar) they use
one problem here is the maintenance , they use various weapons that made maintenance hard and expensive , they must think abut it and find a solution for that.

1400092900160556524310654.jpg

1400092900171040924310674.jpg

1400092900162983124310664.jpg

1400092900174881624310684.jpg

Nice to finally see the Karrar become operational. Muzzle Referencing System is the only feature lacking from the two Karrars seen so far during Great Prophet 17 exercise . The new camouflage looks effective against thermal imagers.
Hi Bahram..so what is " muzzle Referencing"..can you explain a bit..:undecided:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom