What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I think that we have two models out there. One modified T-72 upgraded to Karrar standard and the actual Karrar with Iranian engine.

Thanks for the photos Dariush, but the question still remains...why two....why not have more ..it would be good to show the public that Karrar is now in production.
Karrar as upgrade package or Karrar as brand new tank with everything new? Confused.

2275308.jpg

Just because they have only shown two, it doesn't mean that they have only produced two. Like I said before, building 20 Karras a year and upgrading 20 T-72s is fine. Hopefully in the future Iran will purchase some Armatas in a broader weapons deal with Russia.

Thanks for the photos Dariush, but the question still remains...why two....why not have more ..it would be good to show the public that Karrar is now in production.

Karrar as upgrade package or Karrar as brand new tank with everything new? Confused.
I meant a brand new Iranian Karrar but I even settle for T72 brought up to Karrar standard...I like to see at least a dozen of the either one before opening the champagne..lol

I meant a brand new Iranian Karrar but I even settle for T72 brought up to Karrar standard...I like to see at least a dozen of the either one before opening the champagne..lol
I don't see why should Iran bother producing spare parts for T-72 to the point of being able to produce T-72 and manufacture it on standard of T-90 instead of using some parts from M60 and design T-72/T-90 that uses some parts that Iranian M60 use. North Korea developed better heavier tanks from basis of tooling they used to manufacture T-62 / Chonma-ho.

The Iranian military puts a large emphasis on self sufficiency. Iran has 500x T-72s and has an active upgrade program for the T-72.

The Karrar looks precisely like the T-90 but it's the culmination of all of Iran's experience with tanks, including upgrading Chieftains, M-60s and Type 59/T-55 equivalents.

I don't see why should Iran bother producing spare parts for T-72 to the point of being able to produce T-72 and manufacture it on standard of T-90 instead of using some parts from M60 and design T-72/T-90 that uses some parts that Iranian M60 use. North Korea developed better heavier tanks from basis of tooling they used to manufacture T-62 / Chonma-ho.

The Iranian military puts a large emphasis on self sufficiency. Iran has 500x T-72s and has an active upgrade program for the T-72.

The Karrar looks precisely like the T-90 but it's the culmination of all of Iran's experience with tanks, including upgrading Chieftains, M-60s and Type 59/T-55 equivalents.
It would made more sense to convert T-72's to using M60 road wheels and tracks since those are designed for heavier weights unlike standard road wheels and tracks of T-72.

North Korea developed better heavier tanks from basis of tooling they used to manufacture T-62 / Chonma-ho.
But Iran hasnt got even close to the type of "HELP" that China and Russia have provided North Korea's military. just saying. ALL THIS military tech NK has isnt from local develop,ment, thats BS. those are teh same people who said hamas's rockets were ALL LOCAL during the last clash with Israel , gimme a break.

But Iran hasnt got even close to the type of "HELP" that China and Russia have provided North Korea's military. just saying. ALL THIS military tech NK has isnt from local develop,ment, thats BS. those are teh same people who said hamas's rockets were ALL LOCAL during the last clash with Israel , gimme a break.
But you have to demonstrate how uneducated and ignorant you are along arrogance that you have to believe that your assertions must be true...

Because you are delusional idiot that is incapable of accepting fact that they did not get help from neither China nor Russia...

You are just as stupid as those South Koreans that say it must be China to somehow rationalize North Korean progress.

People like you treat own wishful thinking and speculation as fact when there is no evidence to any degree.

It is proven that North Korea acquired SCUD-B / R-17 from Egypt in 1970s and reverse engineered it.

Soviet Union and China did not provide ballistic missiles to North Korea.

It is known that China is providing ballistic missile technology to Pakistan and now also Saudi Arabia.

It is known that North Korea previously supplied ballistic missile technology to Pakistan in 1990s in exchange for information on nuclear weapon technology.

It is known that North Korea provided to Iran liquid fuel ballistic missile and space launch vehicle technology, that there is cooperation in that field.

North Korea and Syria jointly developed new fire control system for main battle tanks in 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom