What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Interesting report,tho it sounds like that particular example had had a rather hard life on the battlefield,and likely passed thru a few different hands before winding up in the hands of CAR.Not that surprising really,all things considered....
It would be interesting to see a report using an original Steyr HS50 and an AM50 side by side,so as to get an idea of any reengineering or quality differences between the two.
One must admit there might be original quality issues as well. It's also possible this was one of the first to be tested in the battlefield. The new ones will probably be far better. One need to look at the quality promotion of Iranian missile systems for a context check. Come a long way from flying soda cans to these beautiful but deadly machines.

Screenshot_20210923_174538.jpg

Very informative thread, learned alot.

Good to see this deep modernization effort. Expensive upgrade for sure, but I certainly hope they continue to work on it until the project is able to be funded into serial production. I think the IRGC have already ordered it.

Although their are thick ERA blocks on the tank, when dealing with suicide drones that would strike the top of the tank. Would such a cheap and easy to apply cage armor improvement be useful to counter something like a Israeli Harop?
1632515011073.png

Last edited:
Does this show serial produced Karrars? Can't watch it since I don't have Instagram.
No dear salar

The video Clip is a mixture of T72, T90 and Karrar. The green one, i think, was of Chinese or Indian origin. Those T72s in the first picture are most probably from Iranian origin.

Very informative thread, learned alot.

Good to see this deep modernization effort. Expensive upgrade for sure, but I certainly hope they continue to work on it until the project is able to be funded into serial production. I think the IRGC have already ordered it.

Although their are thick ERA blocks on the tank, when dealing with suicide drones that would strike the top of the tank. Would such a cheap and easy to apply cage armor improvement be useful to counter something like a Israeli Harop?
View attachment 779932
well you know what they say the head is always the weakest, same goes for tanks too

Back
Top Bottom