What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Is their APS on that system?

Seemed like it was mostly ERA and what might look like a laser warning system on the turrent.

Not on this “lower end” model. I cant even see the gas dispenser. And laser warning system is useless without it being tied to the gas dispenser system.

Furthermore, more advanced tanks now have a 360 laser receiver and protection system and when it picks up it is being lased the turret automatically shoots in the direction of the laser to protect the crew.

It looks like one of the prototypes that was used in testing years ago.

Not on this “lower end” model. I cant even see the gas dispenser. And laser warning system is useless without it being tied to the gas dispenser system.

Furthermore, more advanced tanks now have a 360 laser receiver and protection system and when it picks up it is being lased the turret automatically shoots in the direction of the laser to protect the crew.

It looks like one of the prototypes that was used in testing years ago.

You seemed to suggest the tank had an APS system because you mentioned it out of the blue which is why I asked the question. I miss-read

I'm aware of what an advanced tank looks like, all I was mentioning was the added survivability for the T-72s which had a very difficult time in the region for the last few years.

I read somewhere about Iranian involvement in creating assault groups near the golan in syria. These are low-end but perhaps they are intended for use there? or perhaps in Isis insurgency in Anbar or Northern Iraq facing Turkey and the KRG. It's clear regardless Iran is interested in creating a conventional capability for PMUs in Iraq.

Last edited:
You seemed to suggest the tank had an APS system because you mentioned it out of the blue which is why I asked the question. I miss-read

I'm aware of what an advanced tank looks like, all I was mentioning was the added survivability for the T-72s which had a very difficult time in the region for the last few years.

The Karrar does have an APS that is based aerosol dispersion instead of kinetic kill. This tank does not. Peed suggested it is a lower end model.

This PMU tank seems only got armor upgrade from IRGC T72 upgrade package,IRGC upgrade package included RWS,new FCS....

106 mm gun and its specifications.
3132443.jpg

I thought I was having a good day but it just got better! Cant wait for more pictures.
Here you go..
6480164_665.jpg

I have a feeling that these are the almaz [almass?]
6480163_414.jpg

I wish we`d see more of the seekers on the table top.
6480165_172.jpg

Looks like the rear sections of glide bombs or perhaps missiles?
6480162_393.jpg

Does anyone know what this thing is?

Last edited:
Here you go..
View attachment 746672
I have a feeling that these are the almaz [almass?]
View attachment 746677
I wish we`d see more of the seekers on the table top.View attachment 746681
Looks like the rear sections of glide bombs or perhaps missiles?
View attachment 746683
Does anyone know what this thing is?

E2EvCu0UUAQq36R

Hael close range air defense system equipped with programmer muzzle brake which is similar to Skyshield AHEAD ammunition muzzle brake programmer:

EFQiItrW4AY_D_f

EFQi29qW4AEbfrV

E2EvCu0UUAQq36R

Hael close range air defense system equipped with programmer muzzle brake which is similar to Skyshield AHEAD ammunition muzzle brake programmer:

EFQiItrW4AY_D_f

EFQi29qW4AEbfrV

I have a feeling that Hael will be Iran's foremost point defense/CIWS system with adaptations probably in the works for the naval forces too, at least I hope. Seems both the guns and the vehicle chassis might be more cost effective than kamand systems.

We get a better look at the mysterious missile canisters at 3:22 in the vid.
I think that these are actually the iranian equivalent of the RPG30,which is designed to defeat APS on tanks and other armored vehicles. Indeed we can see that one of the canisters still has its second smaller tube [Yellow Arrows]for the decoy rocket attached,and you can see where the fitting for attaching this tube is still visible on the other canisters [Blue Arrows].
6480164_665.jpg

1599120663_05-rpg-30-kryuk.jpg

I dont think its an exact,or reverse/re-engineered copy,I think that its an indigenous iranian design based on the same concepts.

Back
Top Bottom