What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Never be fooled by appearances, these tanks will be very efficient and much more.

Chieftains arent of much use now, the shah purchased them for political reasons back in the day. During their service in the Iran-Iraq war their armor had issues with T-62s penetrating and their engines were not very reliable, only operating for 30 minutes at a time. After the war some Chieftains were upgraded (mobarez models). Example of 2 T-62 shots' effect on Chieftain armor:
Mobarez tanks: https://jangaavaran.ir/تانک-چیفتن/

تانک مبارز. این تانک که در حقیقت به روزرسانی بر روی تانک های چیفتن توسط جهاد خودکفایی نیروی زمینی ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران بود مواردی همچون ارتقای پیشرانه (به نمونه ای با توان بیش از 1000 اسب بخار) و نصب واحد قدرت کمکی ، افزودن لایه های زره اضافی به صفحات جانبی و پوشش دهنده کناره های شاسی ، تغییر در مخازن سوخت تانک و در نهایت نصب مسافت یاب لیزری و نمایشگر برای هدفگیری و نمایش مسافت تا هدف بود. این تانک هر چند یک ارتقای ناقص محسوب میشود و میتوانست موارد مهمی همچون زره افزودنی به جلو و کناره های برجک و جلوی شاسی ، جعبه دنده سیاره ای با سیستم معکوس کننده (جهت حرکت شنی ها در خلاف جهت هم در زمان گردش تانک و تسهیل عمل گردش) و ارتقای کلی سیستم کنترل آتش را نیز در بر داشته باشد با این حال از جهاتی همچون بهبود پیشرانه (و خصوصا رهایی از شر پیشرانه مشکل ساز چیفتن) یک ارتقای هر چند حداقلی اما قابل قبول در زمان خود بود که در نهایت از مرحله نمونه سازی فراتر نرفت و به فراموشی سپرده شد. یکی از به روزرسانی های نمایشی و غیر عملیاتی

Chieftains arent of much use now, the shah purchased them for political reasons back in the day. During their service in the Iran-Iraq war their armor had issues with T-62s penetrating and their engines were not very reliable, only operating for 30 minutes at a time. After the war some Chieftains were upgraded (mobarez models). Example of 2 T-62 shots' effect on Chieftain armor:
Mobarez tanks: https://jangaavaran.ir/تانک-چیفتن/

تانک مبارز. این تانک که در حقیقت به روزرسانی بر روی تانک های چیفتن توسط جهاد خودکفایی نیروی زمینی ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران بود مواردی همچون ارتقای پیشرانه (به نمونه ای با توان بیش از 1000 اسب بخار) و نصب واحد قدرت کمکی ، افزودن لایه های زره اضافی به صفحات جانبی و پوشش دهنده کناره های شاسی ، تغییر در مخازن سوخت تانک و در نهایت نصب مسافت یاب لیزری و نمایشگر برای هدفگیری و نمایش مسافت تا هدف بود. این تانک هر چند یک ارتقای ناقص محسوب میشود و میتوانست موارد مهمی همچون زره افزودنی به جلو و کناره های برجک و جلوی شاسی ، جعبه دنده سیاره ای با سیستم معکوس کننده (جهت حرکت شنی ها در خلاف جهت هم در زمان گردش تانک و تسهیل عمل گردش) و ارتقای کلی سیستم کنترل آتش را نیز در بر داشته باشد با این حال از جهاتی همچون بهبود پیشرانه (و خصوصا رهایی از شر پیشرانه مشکل ساز چیفتن) یک ارتقای هر چند حداقلی اما قابل قبول در زمان خود بود که در نهایت از مرحله نمونه سازی فراتر نرفت و به فراموشی سپرده شد. یکی از به روزرسانی های نمایشی و غیر عملیاتی

Until the arrival of the T-72S, The chieftains were the heaviest armoured tanks in service with the Iranian army. The chieftain with its 120mm rifled gun was the only tank the Iranian army had that was able to effectively take on Iraq's T-72 tanks. Iran's chieftain fleet has had its original Layland L-60 engine replaced with the V-84 engine from the T-72S.

Until the arrival of the T-72S, The chieftains were the heaviest armoured tanks in service with the Iranian army. The chieftain with its 120mm rifled gun was the only tank the Iranian army had that was able to effectively take on Iraq's T-72 tanks. Iran's chieftain fleet has had its original Layland L-60 engine replaced with the V-84 engine from the T-72S.

Yeah the main advantages of the chieftain were it's accuracy and firepower; the Brits used to say the chieftain was the best tank in the world provided it broke down in a good firing position. Soviet MAZ 537s were used to transport them but were 6-7 tons overweight until they were upgraded to Mac motors. Do you have info on if the V-84 engine upgrade has been fully implemented across the chieftain fleet? The V-84 is something around 840 HP which is a good bump up from the Leyland but they kept the gearbox iirc. Its a good engine but a bit below the ideal 1000-1100 HP for 50 ton class tanks.

Yeah the main advantages of the chieftain were it's accuracy and firepower; the Brits used to say the chieftain was the best tank in the world provided it broke down in a good firing position. Soviet MAZ 537s were used to transport them but were 6-7 tons overweight until they were upgraded to Mac motors. Do you have info on if the V-84 engine upgrade has been fully implemented across the chieftain fleet? The V-84 is something around 840 HP which is a good bump up from the Leyland but they kept the gearbox iirc. Its a good engine but a bit below the ideal 1000-1100 HP for 50 ton class tanks.

I don't know if the V-84 upgrade has been fully implemented but every recent chieftain photo i have seen has the tell tale exhaust port on the left side of the engine compartment indicating it has the new engine. Apparently one of the major draw backs of the L-60 design was that the whole power pack needed to be pulled out of the tank in order to service the engine while the V-84 can be easily serviced without needing to pull the engine.

The fact that Iran is still sending Military equipment of all types to the Armenia-Azerbaijan border makes me suspicious their is something more they know that we don't.

too little too late. Iran stood by as a spectator as 3 rivals gained an a friendly country (Armenia) and Iran lost.

azerbaijan
got the regions surrounding NK back, + a foothold into NK that makes it unlivable for Armenians.

Russia got a bigger foothold in the region. Essentially a new base in Nagorno karabakh. and increased influence, and pretty much taken over armenian soverignty by donig absolutely nothing

Turkey is a huge winner, as not only they have effectively turned azerbaijan into a turkish province, but they now have a direct corridor from turkey to the caspian. soemthing they could only dream of in the ottoman days. This is not only massive in its own right, but it bypasses the regular Iran route.

Iran loses the revenue of turkish trucks having to cross into it to get into azerbaijan. Loses the geopolitical leverage of being nakhchivans only lifeline. and loses tremendous amount of business and influence.

and apparently there are many IRanians cheering this on, because of supposed ethnic loyalties of confused Azeris. who cant seem to pick a lane.

Apparently the azeris of Azerbaijan are both pink pan turks identitcal to their turkish and mongloid brethrens. But somehow still are "unique" azeris that remain identitical to Iranian azeris... .how the Fack that works? i dont know....

a complete failure of the IRanian government to teach its own people proper history in my opinion.

Iran needs to re-asses its foreign policy. its still playing by the 90s, early 2000s rulebook. while our enemies are playing with the laws of the jungle

too little too late. Iran stood by as a spectator as 3 rivals gained an a friendly country (Armenia) and Iran lost.

azerbaijan
got the regions surrounding NK back, + a foothold into NK that makes it unlivable for Armenians.

Russia got a bigger foothold in the region. Essentially a new base in Nagorno karabakh. and increased influence, and pretty much taken over armenian soverignty by donig absolutely nothing

Turkey is a huge winner, as not only they have effectively turned azerbaijan into a turkish province, but they now have a direct corridor from turkey to the caspian. soemthing they could only dream of in the ottoman days. This is not only massive in its own right, but it bypasses the regular Iran route.

Iran loses the revenue of turkish trucks having to cross into it to get into azerbaijan. Loses the geopolitical leverage of being nakhchivans only lifeline. and loses tremendous amount of business and influence.

and apparently there are many IRanians cheering this on, because of supposed ethnic loyalties of confused Azeris. who cant seem to pick a lane.

Apparently the azeris of Azerbaijan are both pink pan turks identitcal to their turkish and mongloid brethrens. But somehow still are "unique" azeris that remain identitical to Iranian azeris... .how the Fack that works? i dont know....

a complete failure of the IRanian government to teach its own people proper history in my opinion.

Iran needs to re-asses its foreign policy. its still playing by the 90s, early 2000s rulebook. while our enemies are playing with the laws of the jungle
now i don't think iran is the only lifeline of nakhchivans.

1605103296190.png

now i don't think iran is the only lifeline of nakhchivans.

View attachment 687495

Nakhchivan gets its electricity, water, and azerbaijan connection from IRan. While it does have a tiny corridor to turkey (thanks to the dumb qajars who gave it to them) it was still almost 100% reliant on Iran..

no more. there is now a direct turkey to caspian line that can completey bypass Iran. the geopolitical ramifications of this cannot be understated.

azerbaijan

i agree 100% with you. it's a matter of time till this shit storm swapping into Iran.
Haj Qassem is rolling in his grave. he got matyred so after 10 months isis and al qaida coming at our borders.
i don't only blame the goverment but also the IRGC they get the command directly from rahbar and not the goverment.
and i am sure if they would have brought a plan to rahbar to go in and make a 10-20 km safe zone, rahbar would have supported the idea. u.s. and israel would never fight Iran for fake republic of azerbaijan, they didn't even do shit after Iran attacked saudi. and the main thing is Iran would have all rights due to international law to do that, so even no sactions from UN.
and it's a shame that russia and turkey had talks without Iran being involved as a direct neighbour, for this the goverment is to blame.
some sources even saying that turkey send "peace keepers" so that would mean that they will have officialy a base there (maybe someone can prove that).
the situation is not in favour for Iran, not because the enemy is strong and we would lose. the reason is that Iran didn't do anything, except of sending troops and i don't think that was a strong enough signal, otherwise they would have brought us to the negotiation table.

May be i can not read the map properly...can some one show this so called direct route from turkey to Azarbiajan...looks to me that Arminia main land is in between the two parts of azarbiajan..

Thanks...so azarbiajan has a "free passage" right to nakhgavan via Arminian mainland ....in that case.... yup ...Arminians lost big time...time for them to wise up and buy some arms that actually work...good market for iran but I am sure now they are 100% russian bitch..lol...Soros colour revolution is now working well for Russia... all three countries of Georgia, Ukraine and now armina have given much to Russia...i wonder if Soros is a deep Russian agent...lol

Back
Top Bottom