What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Too big a force for a bunch of terrorist or even Azari regular forces...is this to discourage turkey from punching through Armina mainland..??

Also if this is an offensive force (IRGC and not Artesh) what are they planning to do with it...I wonder what intelligence they are receiving from the battelfield.
If I let my imagination go crazy...turkey occupying southern Arminia and handing that over to Nato peace keeping force...NATO presence in southern Russia and northern Iran...heaven for nato planners...lol...Russia and Iran never going to let that happen

Last edited:
Too big a force for a bunch of terrorist or even Azari regular forces...is this to discourage turkey from punching through Armina mainland..??

Also if this is an offensive force (IRGC and not Artesh) what are they planning to do with it...I wonder what intelligence they are receiving from the battelfield.
If I let my imagination go crazy...turkey occupying souther Arminia and handing that over to Nato peace keeping force...NATO presence in souther Russia and northern Iran...heaven for nato planners...lol...Russia and Iran never going to let that happen
This is the army ground force(IRIGF) not IRGC GF, and I wouldn't call IRGC GF an offensive force.

This is the army ground force(IRIGF) not IRGC GF, and I wouldn't call IRGC GF an offensive force.
You are right...must be their modern helmets made me to wonder.. lol...i always assumed IRGC has more offensive role and Artesh more a defensive ..but what do I know how things are separated between these two armed forces.!!

No MRAPs and no Karrars.

Very telling....

Agreed, very dismal display of hardware for frontline troops. Both Armenia and Azerbaijan have better equipped soldiers than Iran does if I'm not mistaken (imo).

Wish they would at least deploy a handful of MRAPS (if they even have them) for public relation purposes, just to soften the negative PR. Until Iran focuses on better equipping its foot-soldiers, we all just have to sit and watch them go into dangerous scenarios with practically nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but can anyone expand on what Iran is actually sending to the border and, if possible, say whether or not Iran has added/updated the hardware and gear the soldiers are using, especially when it comes to APCs and armored vehicles in general?

If I let my imagination go crazy...turkey occupying southern Arminia and handing that over to Nato peace keeping force...NATO presence in southern Russia and northern Iran...heaven for nato planners...lol...Russia and Iran never going to let that happen

i was thinking the same. but even to discourage turkey it's a huge troop movement.
i was thinking maybe Iran is preparing to move into azerbaijan, if certain things happening in the battlefield.
another scenario is that there have been far more than 4000 isis fighters moved to azerbaijan and it's not public yet.
no matter what it the reason behind this troop movement is, i am sure the Iranian intelligence agencies know why do it. maybe we will hear the reason sooner or later.
I was wondering what the tanks in the pics were; are they updated t-72? I have a hard time distinguishing tanks.

it's hard to say. but in the video it says chieftain. i didn't even know that Iran is still using them.

Last edited:
i was thinking the same. but even to discourage turkey it's a huge troop movement.
i was thinking maybe Iran is preparing to move into azerbaijan, if certain things happening in the battlefield.
another scenario is that there have been far more than 4000 isis fighters moved to azerbaijan and it's not public yet.
no matter what it the reason behind this troop movement is, i am sure the Iranian intelligence agencies know why do it. maybe we will hear the reason sooner or later.

it's hard to say. but in the video it says chieftain. i didn't even know that Iran is still using them.

I think they did upgrade them to"mobarez" some time ago, but still not on par with t72 or upgraded t72 to karrar or partial karrar level.

Iran Unveils Military Geographic Products

1604930326821.png

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Iranian Defense Ministry unveiled new products and systems related to geographic data and information for military purposes.
In a ceremony held in Tehran on Monday morning, Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami inaugurated a geospatial unit developing small-scale digital maps.
The minister also unveiled a location data management system called ‘Samam’.
The homegrown system is utilized for categorizing and managing the geospatial data for the military forces.
In 2016, Iran began to sell a series of aerial topographic maps to a number of regional countries.
Thanks to its homegrown satellites, Iran has acquired the knowledge to produce detailed topographic maps, for both civilian and military applications.
After receiving raw images from the satellites, launched by domestically-made carriers, Iranian experts process the data and produce topographical maps on different scales and for various applications.
The maps are utilized in a broad range of fields, such as ground, sea and air navigation, border protection and environmental studies.

Back
Top Bottom