What's new

Iranian Economy.....news and discussions

Iran's Oil sale revenue increased 800% in five months
  • 40% of the revenue will go to "Sovereign Fund"​
  • General government revenues have grown by 66.5 percent in the first five months of the current year compared to the same period of the previous year​
  • Iran has been ramping up its oil production and exports over the past year as the country has been implementing new strategies to overcome U.S. sanctions.​
I think better tax collection is the main reason for general revenue increase:undecided: I saw an report about how the tax collection has improved the revenue..
Few years back Iran's "Sovereign Fund" stood at $99 billion dollars I have no idea what that number is now..

Iran's Oil sale revenue increased 800% in five months
  • 40% of the revenue will go to "Sovereign Fund"​
  • General government revenues have grown by 66.5 percent in the first five months of the current year compared to the same period of the previous year​
  • Iran has been ramping up its oil production and exports over the past year as the country has been implementing new strategies to overcome U.S. sanctions.​
I think better tax collection is the main reason for general revenue increase:undecided: I saw an report about how the tax collection has improved the revenue..
Few years back Iran's "Sovereign Fund" stood at $99 billion dollars I have no idea what that number is now..
It said assets under its management (AuM) is $139 billion, including $110 billion in loans and $29 billion in cash. The Global SWF website described the release of these figures a matter of surprise and “a secret the international press had long wondered about”.

According to Global SWF ranking, that makes NDFI the 17th largest in the world.

AzWqHHmTA3T04XMGIC2N6VpwzyShTW7EOCOmh5XP.png

I've read $100-180 B depends on various sources.

Iran launches 1st extraterritorial refinery in Venezuela

4307896.jpg

TEHRAN – Iranian Oil Minister Javad Oji has announced the launching of the country’s first extraterritorial refinery called El Palito in Venezuela with a processing capacity of 100,000 barrels per day (bpd), Shana reported.

"This was a long-standing and 43-year-old dream that was realized through the efforts of my colleagues at the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC)," Oji was quoted as saying on Sunday.

+100k bpd refining capacity for Venezuela

169904873.jpg

According to the review, Iran's crude oil and condensate production in 2020 was 2.73 million bpd, which rose to 3.17 million bpd in 2021 with a 16.1% growth.

On September 2, 2022, too, the CEO of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) and deputy oil minister of Iran said that Iran's oil production capacity would increase by 200,000 bpd by the end of the current Iranian year (March 21, 2023) and reach 4.038 BPD.

Another edit :
Iran's oil production at last year of Mr Rohani government was at 2.7m bpd and now it stand at 3.8m bpd.it's based on official data (my previous data was based on OPEC data which it was based on media speculation)

Oil production of Iran 3.8m bpd.

Last edited:
169998705.jpg

For first 6 months of Persian year:) ( March to September 2022 )

Total trade $ 50 billion ( no oil and gas )
Compared to 6 months of previous year 13% increased trade volume.
Exported goods volume $ 24,356 million.
Imported goods volume $ 26,347 million.

Flags main trade partners of Iran.

Iranian economy is moving fast forward and enemies are not happy ..sanctions no longer bite..It will take few years before average person can feel the difference but the wheels are in motion.

Just on the petrochemical Iranian exports are now competing with OIL revenue
o_O Private sector investments in petrochemicals showing effects
The value of Iran’s petrochemical export will reach $17 billion in the current Iranian year.(last year it was $ 9 billion)

1668692064664.png

A very important milestone for IRAN and a total defeat for Trump's Zero oil export plan.. now F*ck JCPOA and lets carryon :cheesy:

Iran Oil Export Back to Pre-Sanction Levels: President​

Iran Oil Export Back to Pre-Sanction Levels: President

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Pointing to the failure of the enemy’s policy of maximum pressure on Iran, President Ebrahim Raisi said the country’s oil export has reached the pre-sanction levels.​

In remarks at a meeting of provincial officials on Saturday, Raisi said the export of Iran’s oil has risen to the pre-sanctions era despite the enemy’s push to cripple the crude exports.
“The enemies have formally announced that the (policy of) maxim pressure (on Iran) has ended in failure, as we saw that our exports to the region have increased and our production centers have been encouraged,” he added.
Highlighting his administration’s success in nullifying the sanctions, Raisi said Iran has boosted its exports and production and organized plans to complete the unfinished projects.
“In spite of the sanctions, we can make great strides for the country’s progress. We are aware that the enemy is opposed to us making headway, our production booming, our economy being resistant, and our science and knowledge enhancing,” he noted.
Referring to the talks on the revival of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and lifting the sanctions on Tehran, Raisi said Iran had already made it clear that it would not hold negotiations for the sake of negotiations.
Lashing out at the Western parties for violating their commitments, the president said the International Atomic Energy Agency has acknowledged 15 times that Iran’s nuclear activities did not deviate from peaceful purposes, but the IAEA is raising doubts again.
He also noted that the European Union had described Iran’s proposed text in the Vienna talks as logical, adding that Tehran has already expressed its stances and it is the US that must make up its mind.
In July 2015, Iran signed JCPOA with world powers, agreeing to limit its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of sanctions. However, former US president Donald Trump withdrew Washington from the agreement in May 2018 and re-imposed unilateral sanctions on Tehran, prompting the latter to abandon some of the pact's commitments.
The talks on reviving the 2015 nuclear deal began in Vienna in April 2021 but were suspended in March of this year due to political differences between Tehran and Washington.
The Iranian officials say Tehran needs strong guarantees that it can reap the economic benefits from the deal and the other party will not unilaterally withdraw from it again.

Last edited:
@Cancerous Tumor ..Good day to you...I have been wondering about how to calculate GDP (nominal) of a country such as Iran with "Closed" economy..Iran's both market and official exchanges rates are useless since both are artificial..market exchange rate is useless since only less than 5% of Iran trade is done using market rates and official rate is no longer used and replaced by "NIMA"..I know you did an excellent comparison with Brazil GDP and you reached a figure of 1.2 -1.4 Trrilion dollars.
Is there any way to accurately calculate this for Iran

Last edited:
@Cancerous Tumor ..Good day to you...I have been wondering about how to calculate GDP (nominal) of a country such as Iran with "Closed" economy..Iran's both market and official exchanges rates are useless since both are artificial..market exchange rate is useless since only less than 5% of Iran trade is done using market rates and official rate is no longer used and replaced by "NIMA"..I know you did an excellent comparison with Brazil GDP and you reached a figure of 1.2 -1.4 Trrilion dollars.
Is there any way to accurately calculate this for Iran
Thanks, Good day to you too Mr aryobarzan.

I can think of some revolutionary ideas like trusting the government:ashamed: or creating basket(100-1000 items) of certain fields then convert their values to international baskets.in order to do that we need to pick a country to be role model (US maybe or basket of countries !) then for example compare multiple countries (not sanctioned ones) with this role model then if it proves to be close to their official data then we can try to use this method on Iran.(mostly for industry and agriculture)

Another one would be compare your value of baskets with your 1 hour of working for different groups of workers then make a global case and put new name on it.

Services section
its biggest section of Iran's economy(like the rest of the world). this one is the most puzzling part for me and most of the times it relates to public section of the country.

(personal feelings) if in average industrial products you find similar/slightly lower than world prices, in most of agricultural goods prices should be lower than role model but in services prices are way lower than average world prices.in case of globalization this one will boost Iran's economy more than any other section.

another extreme comparison was between US and USSR technological advances at the end of cold war era. I think based on US assessment, US was ahead in 20-30 fields and USSR was leading in 15-20 fields.i mean even in USSR there were systems that could complete the job but it would be very hard to put accurate value on it. in Iran for some reasons we love "shotor gav palang" ideas.

In case of value of USD in Iran and who got it for 4200 or who got NIMA rate dollars and how much they got, it will just muddy the water.

(personal feelings) decision makers of Iran's economy don't really care about GDP (nominal) maybe because they see boosting it as the way of making country dependent on foreign countries.

Last edited:
If I were an engineer in Iran, I would have told my engineer friends that we would create a project to re-engineer the motor screws for aircraft, ships, or any piece of engine components or electronic parts, then we would expand the project to other parts.
Iran provides the opportunity for small companies to manufacture every part and then reach the manufacture of the entire product, and this is how large companies are formed in China and elsewhere

Why don't engineers take advantage of this opportunity and develop their work and communicate with Chinese and Russian companies or even with German and American companies?
They do not have trademark restrictions and patent rights, and they can benefit from the facilities offered by Iranian institutions, such as plots of land, loans, and the provision of products to be copied.

Back
Top Bottom