What's new

Iranian economist: 'China is the worst business partner Iran ever had'

yes we are not that stupid, thats why you only know ZTE and thats all, and regardless of thousands of other Chinese high tech companies with annual output is more than U.S and Japan combined (WIPO figures)````accroding to your funny logic, American super carriers are built with Chinese equipment does that mean America's super carrier is using "Chinese" tech````pure nonsens, only simpleton and ignorant kids would think like that
Yeah, you have such a big companies like CNPC. signed a deal with Iran but after wasting 3 years and doing nothing finally Iran was forced to cancel the deal, That's China and nothing more.

Your are as independent as your high tech Assembly lines!

As usual Old fox and evil witch is in the middle of other fights and pouring oil on the fire.
Lol what do you mean by that? Pouring oil on fire? Lol. I am just stating my opinion like everybody else on here. This is an open forum where members all exchange ideas, opinions and point of view. So why are you taking it so personal? At the end of the day you are not part of the iranian government, neither Im i part of the British government. So why are taking an opinion piece so personal? You and I can't make or determine our leaders foreign policies and laws. All we can do is analyse current world issues and make observations. So why the need to be so emotional and making personal attacks? We are just civilians from 2 different countries. So you guys should calm down. Jeez........:disagree:

Don't worry for us, we will soon bring your shitty country under our missile umbrella with nuke warhead
Dude, chill. Why are you making such irrational statements? If Britain is a shitty country then we will all need a new word in Oxford dictionary to describe Iran to be honest. :D

Moreover, what's the issue with all this missile talk of bringing Britain under your nuclear umbrella strikes ? You do know that we and other Western powers have had this capabilities for over half a century now right? Using your logic we should have nuked/destroy you decades ago, NO? :disagree:
Seriously, you guys should calm down and stop making such irrational statements. Any talk of Nuking countries for some useless Petty reason is simply madness. This is not a video game. We should all come back to reality and stop making such irrational statements :disagree::crazy:

Before the sanctions were imposed, Mr. Eshghi, whose thick hair has grayed since he started his business in 2005, would walk to the bank just around the corner from his office. There he would sign a letter of credit to buy parts from China, pay a small portion of his order up front, have tea with the clerk and be back behind his desk in less than an hour.

But things are far more complicated these days. When he wants to order components for his buses now, Mr. Eshghi has to follow a long, complicated and sometimes dangerous procedure.

His partner in China also works with European carmakers, who might drop him as a supplier if they know he is dealing with an Iranian, and is scared to death that “the Americans” will find out and punish him with high fines. “They treat me like a mistress they have to keep secret,” Mr. Eshghi said.

To avoid detection, his partner works through a third party. “Let’s call this middleman Mr. Chen,” said Mr. Eshghi. “Mr. Chen says, ‘No letter of credit,’ because the Americans have already fined the only bank willing to work with Iran in China, the Bank of Kunlun.”

So Mr. Eshghi, without any bank credit, must pay the banker all the money up front, through a bank in Dubai, where his wife and children have moved. First, he needs to gather all the cash rials, Iran’s currency, and give them to a money-changer. The money-changers then send the cash through couriers to partners in other countries who have stepped in to fill the void, asking up to 10 percent in transfer fees.

“Just last week one of these money-changers disappeared into thin air, stealing around $160,000 from me,” Mr. Eshghi said, lifting his hands in the air in a sign of desperation.

Barring theft, the payment slowly makes its way to the banker in China, who also takes a cut. Only then will the Chinese company begin to fill Mr. Eshghi’s order. “They promise loading in 10 days, but take two months.”

When the shipment finally arrives at the factory, “there are lots of issues,” Mr. Eshghi said, saying he felt he was losing on all sides. If the products are late or defective, he said, there is not much he can do about it. “What do I do? Send it back? That’s impossible,” he said. “I have to trust everybody and take all the risks.”

In July, he joked, he “nearly had a heart attack" when he found out that President Obama had imposed sanctions against any company working with Iran’s automotive industry. “That’s me,” he said. “I feed 100 families in a city where nobody has work. Is Mr. Obama waging economic war on our leaders or on us?”

Businesspeople in Iran have seen this coming and have been adapting, said one economic analyst, who asked not to be named to avoid trouble with the government. “But the government is slow and way too optimistic in their predictions,” the analyst said. “Now they are starting to feel the full force of what has been unleashed on them.”

The sanctions have introduced numerous distortions into everyday life. For example, Iran is allowed to use money it earns from oil sales only to buy products from the purchasing country. As a result, Iranian supermarkets are filled with low-quality Chinese products, while several infrastructure projects are being built by Chinese companies, rather than Iranian.

“We don’t have an oil-for-food program like Iraq,” the analyst said. “We have an oil-for-junk program.”

One economist, Mohammad Sadegh Jahansefat, said the government had been taken hostage by countries benefiting from the sanctions — particularly China, which he called the worst business partner Iran had ever had.

“China has monopolized our trade — we are subsidizing their goods, which we are forced to import,” he said, adding of its work in the energy industry, “They destroy local production and leave oil and gas projects unfinished so that no one can work with them.”

The state’s dire financial straits are especially tough on contractors and their workers. Akbar, 50, a building contractor from Isfahan, said a big state foundation had not paid $40,000 it owed him. “I will never again work for the state,” he said. “We just can’t trust they will pay up.”

Iranian business families are used to dealing with the roller coaster that Iran’s economy is. Patience is key, said Ali Khalilpour, 34, who operates a chain of sports apparel stores with his father. “We have fired many people, lost dozens of stores and lots of money following the collapse of the national currency,” he said.

There were times when the rial would fall 20 percent in value in a few months while the Khalilpours owed the equivalent of millions of dollars to Western sports brands in Dubai. They were forced to absorb the loss.

“It’s is hard, but some things are beyond your control,” Mr. Khalilpour said, before finding a silver lining.

Most of his competitors have gone bankrupt, he said, leaving the field to his family.

“We have faith that good times are finally coming to this country,” He said. “When they come, we will be the biggest player in the market.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/w...conomy.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=global-home

His claim seem to be in line with what most people at the moment in Iran think of China. Crappy low-quality products which flood the market due to sanctions, unreliable Chinese energy companies, etc.

Quite foolish by these Chinese companies; they will definitely lose their market share in the Iranian economy once the sanctions are gone/eased. The reputation of Chinese companies and quality in general is extremely low. Even government officials are beginning to criticize its influence.
One of my Chinese friend told me long ago, if you want to do business in China then find a good local Chinese friend otherwise you will be rip off. Only local Chinese connection can counter Chinese local business people. Long ago listen interview about Iranian business people those who lost millions of dollars in China , because of bad business practice by locals.

European and North American countries
I dont know about north american countries but Europe isnt in Irans Fav list.

And economist says that China shouldn't have followed western sanctions, but they did. For their own benefits. It's okay to me, problem is in our own country, losers governors should get rid of selling oil, otherwise, neither China would be friendly to enemy of Zionism/imperialism.
Leadership problem huh ? well similiar problems in pakistan too bro.

Yeah, you have such a big companies like CNPC. signed a deal with Iran but after wasting 3 years and doing nothing finally Iran was forced to cancel the deal, That's China and nothing more.

I double that

Seriously, you guys should calm down and stop making such irrational statements. Any talk of Nuking countries for some useless Petty reason is simply madness. This is not a video game. We should all come back to reality and stop making such irrational statements :disagree::crazy:
The problem is that bullies do not understand rationality.
The only thing that bullies understand is language of slap.
me_slapping_diamond_tiara_for_being_a_bully_by_tigerprincesskaitlyn-d5m5o56.png

One of my Chinese friend told me long ago, if you want to do business in China then find a good local Chinese friend otherwise you will be rip off. Only local Chinese connection can counter Chinese local business people. Long ago listen interview about Iranian business people those who lost millions of dollars in China , because of bad business practice by locals.
The problem is Chinese policies toward Iran. They do not want miss Iran but at same time they like to make war b/w Iran and USA. they are hypocrite toward Iran. You can Analyse Chinese and .... behaviors toward Iran after and before Iran deal as well as when they become comfort that Iran and Trump USA can not reach mutual understanding.

now you've gone bonkers.
I do not afraid from war with Americans and crazy enough to go for war with invaders to my land and country, but I hope Americans understand this path is what Putin and Xi want for them. We do not have other choice to push back and hit back. everybody knows Trump is Putin spy in the Washington and he is working for his master grand plan. They are forcing Iran to build nuclear bomb and our moderate are stupid enough to miss this opportunity. They are even ready to give Iran both technology and material to bring Europe under direct threat.

A capable nation/person find any opportunity to sovle problems

An incapable nation/person find any opportunity to blame others

:(

Last edited:
Funny
If you are poor, there will be many reasons, but first solve the mental problems

Iran is country with long history, I believe you people have the wisdom to find right way to solve the problems

Don’t screw up everything
Iran does seem to love playing "opposition" to most things. Its just an observation but i notice it frequently.

The problem is that bullies do not understand rationality.
The only thing that bullies understand is language of slap.
me_slapping_diamond_tiara_for_being_a_bully_by_tigerprincesskaitlyn-d5m5o56.png

The problem is Chinese policies toward Iran. They do not want miss Iran but at same time they like to make war b/w Iran and USA. they are hypocrite toward Iran. You can Analyse Chinese and .... behaviors toward Iran after and before Iran deal as well as when they become comfort that Iran and Trump USA can not reach mutual understanding.
Well, they were making trillion from US. Now a tariff war started, where Trump imposing over 50 billion dollar increase in tariff. It just started.

we are doing all fine business with everyone, even the ones being bullied by the West, however, why not Iran?```you dont need ot worry about China high tech sector, its a world class, not like the propaganda that your religious nutcase overlords have been telling you like the funny plane on ur profile is a "5th gen stealth" plane`:lol:``you lot need to come out the closet to have the least sense of what technology and industry is like

Well, iran should find a new business partner, maybe usa, i bet those sanctions is doing wonders to these iranians.

Back
Top Bottom