What's new

Iranian economist: 'China is the worst business partner Iran ever had'

There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin.

Just read the first post again you will get what China is doing wrong if you read with an unbiased mind.

Similar storis can be heard from many other countries like Indian and African countries as well. I have even heard many PAkistanis complain about it on their Urdu news channels.

Dude..again the point is that bussiness is not a social charity....In this process, the seller will try to maximise its benefit..So ultimately buyer has to know where is the good deal rather than complaining about the seller.

None of the Iranian members making these comments even lives in Iran.

And it's completely illogical anyway. If you have the money, there is no reason anyone would force anyone to buy low-quality products.

Since higher quality products have better profit margins. Anyone who can pay for those can get them.
不要与他们争论,毫无意义。伊朗人有他们自己的观点,我们何必去改变他们呢?他们想怎样就怎样,他们的意思是由于制裁买不到西方的东西,很多人都有这样的对中国货的说法,并不仅仅是伊朗人,我们应该用实际行动改变,而不是在这里做无意义的争论,因为你不可能轻易改变别人的观点

不要与他们争论,毫无意义。伊朗人有他们自己的观点,我们何必去改变他们呢?他们想怎样就怎样,他们的意思是由于制裁买不到西方的东西,很多人都有这样的对中国货的说法,并不仅仅是伊朗人,我们应该用实际行动改变,而不是在这里做无意义的争论,因为你不可能轻易改变别人的观点

当然你说得对。我不能改变别人的观点。

I am just trying to "understand" how someone could have such a stupid view, as to say China refuses to sell high-quality products, and will only sell low-quality products. It's stupid, of course we will make more money by selling high-quality products.

当然你说的对。我不能改变别人的观点。

I am just trying to "understand" how someone could have such a stupid view, as to say China refuses to sell high-quality products, and will only sell low-quality products. It's stupid, of course we will make more money by selling high-quality products.

Totally agree with you,eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth .

When someone insults us,we have to strike back.Mature words get mature reply,immature words get immature reply.It‘s not called troll, it’s called fair.

Confucius said:以德报怨,何以报德?

He opened this thread to bash china,so we have to strike back,he deserved it,nothing wrong.This is internet and get used to it

None of the Iranian members making these comments even lives in Iran.

And it's completely illogical anyway. If you have the money, there is no reason anyone would force anyone to buy low-quality products.

Since higher quality products have better profit margins. Anyone who can pay for those can get them.

you chinese, you speak in the name of us, Iranians ? what a joke.
have the decency to believe Iranians know much more their country that a Chinese .

your logic is based on normal business relations.

care to learn from Iranians and from this article.

this is not about china is bad . we know from times china always care only about itself and its profits. no blame about it.
you do whatever you want (and you're right) with GCC or whatever . that's not our business.

our business is that we should avoid too much products from china (especially low quality by people who have this vs cheap oil; and by people who don't care destroying the little business of Iran). more relations with other countries, hopefully one day USA and Canada, still Europe, South America, and so. And maybe Israel hopefully.

Of course the blame is especially against some Iranians not Chinese people.

our business is that we should avoid too much products from china (especially low quality by people who have this vs cheap oil; and by people who don't care destroying the little business of Iran). more relations with other countries, hopefully one day USA and Canada, still Europe, South America, and so. And maybe Israel hopefully.

First get that Iranian regime you hate to stop dealing with China.

Then you need to convince Iranian businesses to stop ordering things from China.

Then you have to convince the Iranian people to stop buying Chinese goods, to pay more and buy domestic.

As long as Iranian businesses and consumers keep ordering our products, we'll keep selling them. Because it's money, and it's business.

The Iranian people are the ones making the choice to buy our stuff, same as every other country on Earth. Businesses and consumers all over the planet choose our products, because they feel they can get more value for their money.

On the day they stop ordering our products, that's the day we'll stop sending them.

And maybe Israel hopefully.

Tell that to the Iranian leaders.

I couldn't care less whether the Iranian government trades with Israel, or nukes Israel.

Though the latter seems more likely given their attitude on the matter.

Liste, your comment "Iranian regime you hate" this is not what we speak about here. so mind to refrain from using this kind of non sense comment.

No your logic is based on normal business. Again i blame more the people from Iran than Chinese. If you could read what i said.

Let me give you some explanation:
imagine you have an Iranian company selling a product X. someone who is partner to sepah "businessman" decides he wants to sell this product X because he found it a very cheap one in China so he can make huge profits. He will use his relations to avoid the Iranian company to sell it like big commercial places to only deal with him for this. I say that because i have a friend who is doing this in Iran. And i know many such exemples.

About Israel, it is because i think we do something very stupid and wrong .
for business relations, we should never care about politics.
As well for our politics, we should never make ennemies.

And we see today the consequences with Israel: their animosity (of some politics) towards us.
we should thing "Iranian interests" first not ideology.

I agree with you on consumer products.

But their industrial goods are crap compared to what Russians or Germans make . Both are Quality ,though german one is much more expensive. Yes,I am referring to Siemens. But then Chinese industrial products are **** cheap but then getting spares is also a big issue.

Even industrial products of american GE are crap these days. Chinese still have problems in precision tools and machine tools.

I can not say for all the industrial machinery and equipment (capital goods). But in some case, for example, D-19 diesel locomotive (Chinese) have become the main stay of our railways system, while we have a lot of problems with D-20 diesel locomotive (German), so the railways industry decided not to import them anymore. Very high price, together with not-as-good-as-expected quality of the German locomotive, high maintenance cost etc. were the main reasons. The same can be said for any equipment imported from the West. They may be (not always) better than the Chinese ones, but too expensive, together with very high maintenance costs and high-priced spare parts. That is why in Vietnam, industrialists are increasingly turning to Chinese, Japanese or Korean suppliers (I speak on Vietnam situation, which may be different in Iran, which locates closer to Western Europe).

In some cases, Chinese equipment proved to be very well-built, if you choose the right suppliers. But they can be of very poor quality, if you go to the wrong ones. Now even the US and Western countries have to import capital goods from China, I see no way that Iranian or Indian can not import them based on poor-quality stereotype.

I can not say for all the industrial machinery and equipment (capital goods). But in some case, for example, D-19 diesel locomotive (Chinese) have become the main stay of our railways system, while we have a lot of problems with D-20 diesel locomotive (German), so the railways industry decided not to import them anymore. Very high price, together with not-as-good-as-expected quality of the German locomotive, high maintenance cost etc. were the main reasons. The same can be said for any equipment imported from the West. They may be (not always) better than the Chinese ones, but too expensive, together with very high maintenance costs and high-priced spare parts. That is why in Vietnam, industrialists are increasingly turning to Chinese, Japanese or Korean suppliers (I speak on Vietnam situation, which may be different in Iran, which locates closer to Western Europe).

In some cases, Chinese equipment proved to be very well-built, if you choose the right suppliers. But they can be of very poor quality, if you go to the wrong ones. Now even the US and Western countries have to import capital goods from China, I see no way that Iranian or Indian can not import them based on poor-quality stereotype.

Normally in the oil and gas industry for onshore drilling,people prefer Russian rigs or outsourcing to contractors like Weatherford .Chinese rigs are pathetic in quality terms and there are a lot of issues in procurement of spares.

But then maybe my experience is limited to certain sectors.

Normally in the oil and gas industry for onshore drilling,people prefer Russian rigs or outsourcing to contractors like Weatherford .Chinese rigs are pathetic in quality terms and there are a lot of issues in procurement of spares.

But then maybe my experience is limited to certain sectors.

You are right. In Oil & gas and petrochemical industry, Chinese equipment (rotating like pumps and compressors, but also static like tanks and drums) are generally shunned, even in Vietnam. But piping (not including valves) made in China is possibly accepted.

When we get richer, gain more experience, our product will improve. I'm getting ******* tired of the cheap label from my country. It is especially hurt coming from these ******* these third world countries who have no sympathy and act as if they can afford to pay high quality product. If they can, they wouldn't go for us. What a delusional country. But I can't wait for China to move up the value chain and leave behind the dirty work to these third world country in the future.

When we get richer, gain more experience, our product will improve. I'm getting ******* tired of the cheap label from my country. It is especially hurt coming from these ******* these third world countries who have no sympathy and act as if they can afford to pay high quality product. If they can, they wouldn't go for us. What a delusional country. But I can't wait for China to move up the value chain and leave behind the dirty work to these third world country in the future.
you mean Iran is a third world country?

I was simply responding to this post:

In response, I pointed out the reality, using actual sources, i.e. global opinion polls. That China is viewed the 5th most positively in the world, while Iran is viewed dead last.

So the reality is the opposite of what Surenas said above, when you look at the global opinion polls, no country in the world has a positive view of Iran. Whereas China is ranked near the top.
That comment was pure racism, please don't dignify it by quoting it again and again.
Most of Iranians have positive view towards Chinese people and feel their ancient connection with them over thousands of years, so there is no problem regarding people to people connections.
There are some misunderstandings in our trade and business and it will be solved as soon as sanctions are lifted and as I said earlier, I don't blame China here.

Regarding global view, well my friend, it's not fair to compare Iran and China in this situation. Just look at the propaganda towards Iran by massive mainstream media. When a Fly farts in Iran, it goes to all headlines. Iran is the most mentioned country in the western media, and you know how powerful media is in affecting people's opinions. Look at western tourists who have visited Iran, all of them have came back totally surprised and some even not believing what they saw compared to what they had been shown in media.

China had the same situation like us during Mao's time in 70s, before the so-called Ping-Pong diplomacy and almost all the western world saw China and USSR as living devils of the universe. That's what the media is capable of my friend.

you mean Iran is a third world country?

Of course,all developing countries are third world countries including china,why do you think iran so special?

Even they become first world countries,they will be more depend on chinese goods,just like US

Back
Top Bottom