What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Salam Salar šŸ‘‹

I have to highly disagree with all your post and thoughts, would have skipped it if you didn't mentioned it twice.

There is nothing valuable on Orthodox Christians, Protestants,... to be compared to any Muslim branch.

Their Trinity nonsense created by churches, make actual Christianity almost a non Abraham's religion.

Alaykom al-salam brother. I should have added that no matter what apparent similarities one might discern between these branches, it is important to keep in mind that Shia and Sunni Islam will always be closer, of course, than either of them will ever be to any branch of Christianity. This doesn't stand to debate.

Nor am I looking for inspiration in Christian teachings. I'm strongly opposed to ecumenism and advocate religious orthodoxy (in the sense of sticking to our own doctrine and not importing anything from elsewhere). And of course the concept of Trinity in Christianity is incompatible with Islamic views on the unicity of God.

This said, it is simply an intellectual exercise which, as I stated before is not of much scientific value, to try and find beyond the fundamental differences and incompatibilities, what incremental parallels there might be between branches of different religons. This is not something to read too much into, neither theologically nor politically, and it has no strategic implications onto itself.

Now it appears that the concept of Imamate which is specific to Shia Islam and absent from orthodox Sunni Islam (Sufi branches excluded), kind of echoes the presence of saints that the faithful may pray to in Orthodoxy and Catholicism as well as their absence from Protestantism.

Also the fact that the clergy in Protestantism is much less centralized and less hierarchically structured compared to its Catholic and Orthodox counterparts, is reminiscent of the differences between Shia and Sunni Muslim clergies, in the sense that the former has quite a tight hierarchicy and is a pretty centralized and formalized institution, while the latter tends to be less so.

And why is the Orthodox clergy, from the point of view of its structure, closest among Christian clerical institutions to the structure of the Shia Islamic clergy? Because unlike Catholicism and its one Pope, the Orthodox church has several scholars sharing the highest formalized rank within the Orthodox clerical hierarchy, not unlike the maraje'e taghlid of Shia Islam.

Please note these are secondary aspects, I'm not discussing core doctrines here. When it comes to that, all branches of Islam are and will always be infinitely more similar to each other than any Islamic denomination is to any Christian denomination. Let me stress this explicitly. I was mentioning either structure of the clergy, or specific aspects of theology, that do not affect the basic doctrines of the two religions. Nor am I drawing any sort of conclusions from these observations.

Hope this clears it up.

Mixing politics (Russian / Iran) with religion (Orthodox / Shia) is a dangerous game šŸ¤”

Well on this, I would respectfully disagree. As I understand Islam inherently concerns itself with politics and I believe secularism is not compatible with Islamic precepts of governance. Of course this question is subject to debate among Muslims, but for me personally it is the separation of state and religion that is dangerous. We can see it in the west where this dissociation has gradually led to a vanishing of traditionally rooted religion.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone can translate the phrase that Mr. Raamiaan uses at the end of his programs on MehrAein:

"Shaad Zeed, Deer Zeed, Mehr Afsoon"

Something about happiness, something about being late or patient (more likely patient), & gravitate towards Mehr is the most of what I could interpret.

I was wondering if anyone can translate the phrase that Mr. Raamiaan uses at the end of his programs on MehrAein:

"Shaad Zeed, Deer Zeed, Mehr Afsoon"

Something about happiness, something about being late or patient (more likely patient), & gravitate towards Mehr is the most of what I could interpret.
I believe ā€˜zeedā€™ is a truncated form of Ų²ŪŒŲ³ŲŖŁ† (live or life) in Old Pahlavi. And I THINK itā€™s ā€˜Afzoonā€™ (Ų§ŁŲ²ŁˆŁ†) which mean ā€˜increasedā€™. ā€˜Mehrā€™ means ā€˜kindnessā€™ (not the Arabic with the incidentally same spelling).

So I read it as:

Happy life, long life, and ever kindness. Something like that.

Last edited:
Is it only me that noticed that the main Ukraine war thread got locked around the same time the tide of the war turned irreversibly in Russia's favor??

REALITY IS TRUTH, lets go Russian military, finish up those cowardly rats.

Regular criminals, not Taleban. Also the martyr was from the police force.

The culprits were trying to cross into Iranian territory illegally, Taleban don't do that. Then the event took place at the Sistan-Baluchestan section of Iran's border with Afghanistan, not in Khorasane Razavi nor Khorasane Jonubi, and Sistan-Baluchestan is where most drug smuggling routes pass through.

So the Tweet appears to be fake news.

Last edited:
Regular criminals, not Taleban. Also the martyr was from the police force rather than the border guard.
I was in police force in Saravan (Sistan & Baluchestan), at the Pakistan border , when I was conscripted. police had three branch a border guard and a regular police force and traffic police , which actually was part of the regular police.
so if they say border guard it can be police , it can be IRGC , we don't have a separate border guard unit. when border is at the hand of IRGC , they are IRGC , when it is at the hand of police it's police

nd Sistan-Baluchestan is where most drug smuggling routes pass through.
its the place the most amount of fuel is smuggled so it may be that.

I was in police force in Saravan (Sistan & Baluchestan), at the Pakistan border , when I was conscripted. police had three branch a border guard and a regular police force and traffic police , which actually was part of the regular police.
so if they say border guard it can be police , it can be IRGC , we don't have a separate border guard unit. when border is at the hand of IRGC , they are IRGC , when it is at the hand of police it's police

I see.

its the place the most amount of fuel is smuggled so it may be that.

Some kind of smuggling gang it must be because they were armed. This was on the border with Afghanistan, as far as I know fuel smuggling essentially happens from the Iranian side into Pakistan whereas on the Afghan border it's more like opium and heroin entering Iran. So narcotics smugglers would be more likely.

I'm watching the interview currently and already I am amazed by two things that caught my immediate attention:

1) The comparisons between the an140 and the Simorgh models show how truly different and better Simorgh is in every aspect. Didn't notice the differences when I first saw the documentary in another thread but Mr. Azarmehr pointed out the differences and this interview I truly appreciate the scope of the improvements made to the design.
From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, Simorgh is more muscular and military looking plane, whereas an140 looks feminine and puny by contrast. I can so see a flat array of radars on Simorgh acting as an awacs and definitely a replacement or supplement to the p3s.

2) The recent tomcat crash was due to the failure of an entirely homemade copy of the tf30; which means that once the production of this engine is mastered, only an airborne aesa is needed to make anything Iran designs fly and combat worthy, even qaher at that point.

Haven't even finished the interview yet and already missed some of the missile talk earlier.
Screenshot (66).png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom