What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Is this the art and culture channel you intended to link to?

At any rate, the video was truly excellent! Thanks for the share (even if by mistake). I believe this should be reposted here.

___

Superb presentation by an Iranian participant to the recent St. Petersburg Economic Forum about the untapped potentials and opportunities of Iran-Russia economic relations. Highly recommended viewing.

Acch, I posted incorrectly although the Jedaal channel is great. Below's my intended post from the pretty good Sam -Toh- Soo channel. It does a great job linking the old school artists who were and became patriots and revolutionaries:

Last edited:
1656514368912.png

یک تعداد از دوستان عقیده دارند که من غرب زده ام و تبلیغات غرب رویم تاثیر گذاشته
میخواستم بدونم نظر شما در مورد این پیشنهاد وزیر ارتباط که گفته اگر توی چند هفته اخیر
وضع اینترنتتان خراب شده مشکل از همه چیز هست به غیر از فیلتر کردن ؟
به نظر شما با این علما واقعا نیازی به تحت تاثیر رسانه های غرب بودن هست

البته جهت تایید حرف ایشان اینها را همین الان خودم گرفتم

Screenshot-2022-06-30-154042.png

Screenshot-2022-06-30-153849.png

اصلا بصورت واضح نشان میده که هیچکدام از سرورها فیلتر نیست و دسترسی کاملا برقرار هست

Historically unprecedented, nearly a full minute of standing ovation for President Raisi at the State Duma (parliament) of the Russian Federation during his trip to Moscow in January 2022!

Russia's a nation where traditional values and especially religion still mean something, in contrast to the west where religion is hardly relevant anymore socially let alone politically speaking. In this regard too, Russians are closer to us. Of note also the fact that President Raisi rightly referred to Russia as a friendly nation and government.

This by the way was censored in foreign-based, US- / PGCC-funded opposition media, and largely obfuscated by the western-apologetic reformist / moderate camps in Iran.

Video under following link: https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1329026/

Full version of seyyed Raisi's address to the State Duma:

r1.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

china-iran-russia-realistic-three-260nw-1339587101.jpg

Iran, Russia, China against NATO:

Last edited:
I really liked it when he mentioned Imam Raza(AS).

Theologically and ecclesiastically speaking and even if such comparisons aren't really of much scientific value (at least when kept to such superficial levels), Orthodox Christianity is closest to Shia Islam out of all major denominations of Christianity - with its emphasis on sainthood though even less iconoclastic than Shiaism of course, as well as its multiple "popes" (comparable to the maraje' in Shia Islam). In terms of proximity with Shia Islam, Orthodoxy is then followed by Catholicism.

Protestantism is closest to Sunni Islam, while the Evangelical and in particular "Born Again" branches of non-reformed Protestantism share the most with Salafism, including sociologically to some extent (especially when it comes to converts or the "re-Islamicized").

Last edited:
My interest in geopolitics stems from my interest in eschatology, I even made a post here asking for some resources, but I guess I'll have to learn Arabic and Persian to dig deeper. I'll link my post here, see if you can help me out @SalarHaqq

There are several different questions in this regard:

- Are there signs in international relations, in the big geopolitical picture, in recent events of world politics indicating that zohur is more or less imminent, based on the revayat?
- If yes, what should be the ideal foreign policy of the world's largest Shia Muslim nation Iran, as well as of other Islamic nations in such a day and age?
- Else, what type of foreign policy would be most conducive to hastening the reappearance of Hazrate Mahdi (a.j.)? What particular expectations are there for an Islamic government in this regard?

These are the three angles I can immediately think of. Perhaps you had another in mind?

Cannot name any specific books published in Iran on these subjects I'm afraid, for it's been a while since I surveyed the Iranian literary scene. But my guess is that such literature definitely exists.

An online search however, for terms like سیاست خارجی و مهدویت or سیاست خارجی در عصر ظهور or سیاست خارجی و ظهور etc might yield desired results. Below are some I found this way:

* Reference to a scholarly research paper titled The Role of the Study of Mahdaviyat in the Foreign Policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Link: http://ensani.ir/fa/article/429765/

* Article by the name of Zohur and Politics (in general).
Link: http://www.intizar.ir/article/259/

* Article called The Political State of the World in the Era of Zohur.
Link: https://hawzah.net/fa/Magazine/View/4227/8302/111100/

* Statements by Iranian foreign policy officials stressing that the relationship between the Islamic Republic's foreign policy and the doctrine of Mahdaviyat.
Link: https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1393/03/22/398766/

Now I can't vouch for the quality or accuracy of these, but they are examples illustrative of the material one can find online.

Also there are several popular speakers and analysts in Iran who focus on politics (including regional and international), society, culture etc, who regularly address the topic of eschatology. Video recordings of their conferences and other public interventions are present on YouTube, Aparat (main Iranian video sharing site), Twitter, Instagram and others.

Chief among these would probably be Ali Akbar Raefipour (Raefipoor), who appeals especially to the younger generations of religious Iranians and has remarkable nationwide following. You would definitely want to look up Raefipour's conferences on the end times, Hazrate Mahdi (a.j.) etc. Others are Ali Reza Pourmasoud (another young researcher), Hassan Abbassi (Abbasi), Rahimpour Azghadi. These are great men loyal to the Islamic Revolution, whose political integrity is a given.

Then you have of course alims of the hawza offering speeches on these issues. They might be a bit harder to come across online. You may also inquire about specialized literature with the offices of the maraje', most if not all maraje' have their own websites and these are trusted sources.

Or you can write to media outlets affiliated with the offices of maraje', such as Velayat TV which is managed by followers of grand ayatOllah Makarem Shirazi (I'd recommend avoiding media linked to the Shirazis - not to be confused with Makarem Shirazi, and sources featuring Afghan cleric Allahyari, because these are of sectarianist orientation and attack Sunni Islam; any others opposed to the Islamic Republic in my opinion ought to be avoided as well).

Will try to post a little bit more on denominations of Christianity and Islam at a later point inshAllah. For now, I hope this would be of some help.

Last edited:
Theologically and ecclesiastically speaking and even if such comparisons aren't really of much scientific value (at least when kept to such superficial levels), Orthodox Christianity is closest to Shia Islam out of all major denominations of Christianity - with its emphasis on sainthood though even less iconoclastic than Shiaism of course, as well as its multiple "popes" (comparable to the maraje' in Shia Islam). In terms of proximity with Shia Islam, Orthodoxy is then followed by Catholicism.

Protestantism is closest to Sunni Islam, while the Evangelical and in particular "Born Again" branches of non-reformed Protestantism share the most with Salafism, including sociologically to some extent (especially when it comes to converts or the "re-Islamicized").
Salam Salar 👋

I have to highly disagree with all your post and thoughts, would have skipped it if you didn't mentioned it twice.

There is nothing valuable on Orthodox Christians, Protestants,... to be compared to any Muslim branch.

Their Trinity nonsense created by churches, make actual Christianity almost a non Abraham's religion.

Mixing politics (Russian / Iran) with religion (Orthodox / Shia) is a dangerous game 🤔

Back
Top Bottom