What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Russians are being treated "better" because they are Europeans at the end of the day. Countries like Iran and even China will never be viewed as equals to western powers, not in the past, not now, and not in the future. A portion of the American right wing even advocates for an alliance with Russia to destroy China while asian-americans are being killed daily in the US now because of how hard the US propaganda complex was pushing anti-asian sentiment. Racism and colonialist attitudes didn't die with the European empires, they still view us as squatters on what should be their land. That's why Iran can't sign a similar treaty to them and that's why Iran will get hit with 10x worse sanctions for asserting it's sovereignty.
Iran needs to keep this in mind when negotiating with Europeans. This new deal will be ripped up again in 3 years when the republic party comes and European certainly isn't going to start trading with Iran in the interim. IMO Iran's future lies with Asia and it needs to realize that instead of trying to play this pointless "independent" role.
Have you not seen what they do with Russian nationals in the US or Europe? Some of them are treated worse than even Africans. I remember a few years ago there were story headlines about abused Russian children that had been adopted by American parents. It's not as simple as that.

Have you not seen what they do with Russian nationals in the US or Europe? Some of them are treated worse than even Africans. I remember a few years ago there were story headlines about abused Russian children that had been adopted by American parents. It's not as simple as that.
With respect i seriously doubt that. If you have links to share i will look but the adoption/foster system in the US is filled with abuse anyways. I doubt kids were being abused because they were Russian.

1) The veto will not be expanded. No one on the council wants more powers in the circle. The West is racist colonialists who think they are superior race and East doesn’t want anymore countries to challenge their spot.

2) Nuclear threshold state addresses all the issues you have with zero drawbacks. By the time Iran finishes IR-10,

1,000 IR-10 (100,000 SWU) would have more capacity than 10x natanz today. Meaning Iran could go nuclear in a heartbeat and no one would know.

The world isn’t going to magically not have Russia in it or China or the West so fast that Iran cannot go nuclear. I mean come on.

3) brazil is a nobody and disaster economy, Turkey is even bigger nobody and disaster economy, and Nigeria...really dude? Anyone else you want to add to the list? Maybe Bahamas? Sir Lanka? India will never escape China’s shadow nor will China ever agree to veto ascension.

4) Did nukes make North Korea “equal” in the eyes of Russia or China? Did Nukes stop US from flying in unannounced and killing Bin Laden?

I mean nukes are beyond overrated. If you do research you will see the world powers are moving to weapons with massive explosion potential and very limited to no radiation clouds. Or even better, no damage to buildings and infrastructure, but only to life forms.

So nuclear threshold is the way to go. Now if Iran had a Germany like economy that it could rely on to survive sanctions then yes I might be more inclined to green light a nuclear drive as long as JCPOA gets torn up for 2nd time (in 2024).

I think Iran needs to repair itself from the inside before dashing for the bomb.
How long do you think they can keep the UNSC as it is? What are they going to do with a country like India with over a billion people? Things change. Systems that cannot adapt to new changes will be destroyed.

A nuclear threshold state is in no way similar to a state holding megaton nukes. A nuclear threshold state at best can count on a very limited number of small nukes under 50 kilotons that is of no strategic value.

Nuclear armed states have insane enrichment power. Russia and the US for example each have over 10 million SWU of enrichment power. And they usually measure the SWU in U Kg/year. France too. Iran's nuclear program is just a fart in the storm compared to what nuclear armed states do. And Iran will never be allowed to reprocess plutonium under today's conditions.

Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc. will all continue to rise in next decades. Look at where Turkey was 15 years ago and where they are now. Brazil was pretty much the image of poverty 20 years ago and look how much they have progressed. Nigeria has 200 million people with oil reserves and a population that is rapidly becoming educated. Sure, they're a joke now but who knows what can happen 20 years later? Is Iran the same as it was 20 years ago?

North Korea lacks the resources that Iran has. If North Korea controlled the world's energy routes and resources like Iran does, the US itself would beg to mend ties with them. Let alone Russia and China.

Nuclear armed states have developed extremely powerful weapons that are more than enough to wipe off entire population centers. Obviously, they have reached the end and they do not want to go further because there's no point. That's why they are focusing on other things now. I mean look at the Soviet Union. When they tested the first Tsar bomb which yielded 50 megatons, they discarded their plans to test the 100 megaton nukes. Not because they couldn't build it, but because they were afraid of testing it. A 50 megaton nuke would completely wipe off Tehran and leave it only as a name in history books. That's why nuclear armed states are less focused on nukes these days.

With respect i seriously doubt that. If you have links to share i will look but the adoption/foster system in the US is filled with abuse anyways. I doubt kids were being abused because they were Russian.
It turned out to be a really big issue back at the time. I don't know if it was the Russian propaganda machine or real, but Russia even passed a law about it after numerous children were abused in the US only because they were Russian.
Believe me or not, many Americans, particularly the older generation, hate Russians to the core. Even more than they hate us.

1) The veto will not be expanded. No one on the council wants more powers in the circle. The West is racist colonialists who think they are superior race and East doesn’t want anymore countries to challenge their spot.

2) Nuclear threshold state addresses all the issues you have with zero drawbacks. By the time Iran finishes IR-10,

1,000 IR-10 (100,000 SWU) would have more capacity than 10x natanz today. Meaning Iran could go nuclear in a heartbeat and no one would know.

The world isn’t going to magically not have Russia in it or China or the West so fast that Iran cannot go nuclear. I mean come on.

3) brazil is a nobody and disaster economy, Turkey is even bigger nobody and disaster economy, and Nigeria...really dude? Anyone else you want to add to the list? Maybe Bahamas? Sir Lanka? India will never escape China’s shadow nor will China ever agree to veto ascension.

4) Did nukes make North Korea “equal” in the eyes of Russia or China? Did Nukes stop US from flying in unannounced and killing Bin Laden?

I mean nukes are beyond overrated. If you do research you will see the world powers are moving to weapons with massive explosion potential and very limited to no radiation clouds. Or even better, no damage to buildings and infrastructure, but only to life forms. Nukes are old tech. Iran chased it because fear of Saddam getting a nuke by 2000. After Saddam was disposed Iran decided staying threshold was a much better option.

So nuclear threshold is the way to go. Now if Iran had a Germany like economy that it could rely on to survive sanctions then yes I might be more inclined to green light a nuclear drive as long as JCPOA gets torn up for 2nd time (in 2024).

I think Iran needs to repair itself from the inside before dashing for the bomb. Dashing would just make Iran like Russia today...further destroy its image. At least in the case of Russia it was forced to make a decision. IRan is not forced at all, threat of war is at the lows, and it has opportunity to repair itself.
1) 100% agree on the first part but disagree with the second part. The Chinese development model is mutually beneficial and non-interventionist. And Japan and ROK just follow the US's dictates. None of these countries are concerned with someone taking their spot

3) India's problem is that Modi embraced neoliberalism, the elites and the west got rich and the people starved. If it had followed down the path Nehru set them on it could have been on the level that China is now. Brazil is similar with Bolsonaro bring the epitome of the neoliberal stooge. There is no reason why these countries with large populations cannot become economic powerhouses if allowed to develop. The whole point is for the west to ensure that they don't. China sets an example of what can be achieved if you don't follow the economic model of exploitation set out by the west.

4) Nukes have allowed the DPRK to spend less on their conventional military and more on actual economic development. With nukes they no longer need to pursue a hardcore military first policy as they have been for 50 years.

Last edited:
This new deal will be ripped up again in 3 years when the republic party comes and European certainly isn't going to start trading with Iran in the interim.
Yeah I really don't understand the benefits of this deal.
2-3 years later it's torn up and the damage is done.

Basically it's a gamble hoping that democrats win another 4 years. Big mistake given how unpopular Biden has become. Maybe if Hilary Clinton makes a comeback, they might vote her in next time.

I think people will be shocked at the pace of the Russian advance, when they up the ante to the fullest.

It's been something around 56 hours in, and so much fake news being spread as if Ukraine is winning while Russia has penetrated the border on numerous fronts including advancing 120 km in the south risking complete encirclement of Ukraine forces in the south east.

Things can capitulate really fast with a break through.

Mi-24 shreds Ukrainian convoy in one salvo

This is what happens when you travel without your AD active (it was on flatbed).

Ukraine propaganda government claiming they have downed 2 IL-76’s and yet no single photographic evidence.

You would think downing one of the biggest planes in the world you’d have SOMETHING. But Ukraine government has shown nothing of substance on many outlandish claims.
Ukrainian trolls are even more delusional than Indians or Turks. Hilarious.
According to them, Russia lost over 500 planes, 2000 tanks and more than 10.000 soldiers.

I'm sorry but Turkey as an economic model to be envied ? NO! 2/3rd of people in Turkey only use USD now. Look where they were 15 years ago ? Hmmm... 1 USD was worth 1.2 Lira 15 years ago. Now it's 14 Lira.

Indonesia, Brazil, Nigeria will become large and developed consumer markets but they will never be leading nations in terms of cutting edge technological development. Even India has a long way to go.

Sure India will likely have the worlds largest populations in a few decades but women not having access to contraception is not a good thing in the long run. How are these nations going to feed these sprawling, massive populations ? This will put them at a major disadvantage in the global market.

In a few years we will see if reviving the JCPOA was even worth it. Even if the Democrats win another 4 years, what about the next 4 years after that ? Sure Iran will get a massive economic boost out of the JCPOA revival. Iran will get a surge of funds and technology.

But it will only be worth it if Iran's economy is better prepared to avoid being shocked no matter what subsequent US administrations decide to do. If Iran absorbs as much economic benefits as possible in these next 3 years and then in theory Trump comes along and cancels the deal, then Iran will be precisely where it was, except it received a massive surge in between.

Will the sacrifice be worth it ? Well if Trump makes such a move and the rumors are true, then afterwards Iran will have the legal right under UN law to enrich to 60%. In that case, it won't take Iran long to recoup any losses. It's honestly extremely difficult to weigh any pros and cons when it comes to this issue. It's one of those issues where history will be the best judge.

How long do you think they can keep the UNSC as it is? What are they going to do with a country like India with over a billion people? Things change. Systems that cannot adapt to new changes will be destroyed.

A nuclear threshold state is in no way similar to a state holding megaton nukes. A nuclear threshold state at best can count on a very limited number of small nukes under 50 kilotons that is of no strategic value.

Nuclear armed states have insane enrichment power. Russia and the US for example each have over 10 million SWU of enrichment power. And they usually measure the SWU in U Kg/year. France too. Iran's nuclear program is just a fart in the storm compared to what nuclear armed states do. And Iran will never be allowed to reprocess plutonium under today's conditions.

Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc. will all continue to rise in next decades. Look at where Turkey was 15 years ago and where they are now. Brazil was pretty much the image of poverty 20 years ago and look how much they have progressed. Nigeria has 200 million people with oil reserves and a population that is rapidly becoming educated. Sure, they're a joke now but who knows what can happen 20 years later? Is Iran the same as it was 20 years ago?

North Korea lacks the resources that Iran has. If North Korea controlled the world's energy routes and resources like Iran does, the US itself would beg to mend ties with them. Let alone Russia and China.

Nuclear armed states have developed extremely powerful weapons that are more than enough to wipe off entire population centers. Obviously, they have reached the end and they do not want to go further because there's no point. That's why they are focusing on other things now. I mean look at the Soviet Union. When they tested the first Tsar bomb which yielded 50 megatons, they discarded their plans to test the 100 megaton nukes. Not because they couldn't build it, but because they were afraid of testing it. A 50 megaton nuke would completely wipe off Tehran and leave it only as a name in history books. That's why nuclear armed states are less focused on nukes these days.

It turned out to be a really big issue back at the time. I don't know if it was the Russian propaganda machine or real, but Russia even passed a law about it after numerous children were abused in the US only because they were Russian.
Believe me or not, many Americans, particularly the older generation, hate Russians to the core. Even more than they hate us.

Attachments

• 1645912822645.png
    1645912822645.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
This is the weirdest conflict ever. In this day and age with every phone having a camera, even if a micro drone, an amazon type drone is shot down, usually we have footage immediately. Here we have the Ukrainians making all these claims, to have shot down 2x IL-76 planes and 100 Russian fighter jets but no footage ?

3500+ Russian soldiers, hundreds of tanks, but again a lack of evidence. You know what makes it difficult is the fact that in many cases both sides use very similar looking equipment. In any case compared to their claims, the evidence is very lack luster.

The west keeps claiming that the Ukrainians are beating back the Russian offensive and that Putin's army has failed. People need to calm the **** down. It hasn't even been 72 hours since the Russians invaded and realistically they have already surrounded every major Ukrainian city including the capital.

So Kiev, Kharkov and Odessa, are already surrounded. If the Russians merely consolidate their positions they're basically won. Ukrainians will be strangled into submission right ? Am I wrong here ?

Back
Top Bottom