What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

parsa-pirozfar-111111111.jpg

this is parsa piroozfar an iranian actor. your avatar got some similarities with him :D is it you?

@Targon i wish they cook it in right way since i ate pide in tehran but had no similarities to the one you posted :D (that photo) and i should taste the real one inside turkey.

@Abii they have done soooooooooo much wrong things to us man :D if they didn't there were no reason to say down with them. but in respond we got sense of confidence :D lol
but i think "wrong" here means "changing regime" or sth like that.

Yea that's me. Tbh I don't see much similarity with him but yes I have been mistaken for an Iranian before by Iranians along with a whole range of other ethnicities :D

It's the first? I'm surprised? In most European countries and also U.S/Canada you can find Iranian restaurants in major cities. I think there must be quite some of them in Istanbul right now.

There must be some in Ankara and Istanbul but its the first time I'm coming across to one :)

Anyway as far as I see, cuisine is fairly similar to ours.

There must be some in Ankara and Istanbul but its the first time I'm coming across to one :)

Anyway as far as I see, cuisine is fairly similar to ours.

Yeah I agree, they are similar in many aspects.

Anyway, here's Turkish restaurant in Tehran. I have seen dozens of them.

64.jpg

01.jpg

43f229ea-2a68-4873-98d8-418e802bcea9.jpg

Last edited:
It's the first? I'm surprised? In most European countries and also U.S/Canada you can find Iranian restaurants in major cities. I think there must be quite some of them in Istanbul right now.

most of them are pretty expensive btw, at least in Paris

I have noticed that Iranian food bears some similar names to Indian dishes but they taste quite different.

Yeah looks like its expensive :D

@rahi2357

How it looked like ? may be it was just another variant :) originally there were just several variants of ingredients, but most of recently opened decent places have a huge amount of variants, a hour ago I ate one with eggplants, sujuk, kaşar cheese and tomatoes in it, it was quite good :D

Iranian restaurants being expensive is quite a surprise. In Vancouver there are thousands of them and the competition has resulted in dirt cheap prices. It's so cheap now that people have started asking how is it possible to offer food at such joke prices. I remember paying 5-6 dollars for koobide and rice which is fast food price (McDonald's has more expensive burgers ffs lol).

That said, there are more expensive restaurants in the city too, but even those ones aren't that expensive. In Vancouver Iranian restaurants don't have a very good reputation. Out of all Middle Eastern restaurants in the city, Afghan restaurants seem to be the most popular and they are usually more classy than Iranian restaurants.

Yeah looks like its expensive :D

@rahi2357

How it looked like ? may be it was just another variant :) originally there were just several variants of ingredients, but most of recently opened decent places have a huge amount of variants, a hour ago I ate one with eggplants, sujuk, kaşar cheese and tomatoes in it, it was quite good :D

Here's a Turkish restaurant in Tabriz named Sultan, I could find some pics of the cuisine:
12.jpg

r2.jpg

Patlijan Salatasi
32.jpg

Kasharli Pide
51.jpg

Patlican Kebab
61.jpg

Iranian restaurants being expensive is quite a surprise. In Vancouver there are thousands of them and the competition has resulted in dirt cheap prices. It's so cheap now that people have started asking how is it possible to offer food at such joke prices. I remember paying 5-6 dollars for koobide and rice which is fast food price (McDonald's has more expensive burgers ffs lol).

That said, there are more expensive restaurants in the city too, but even those ones aren't that expensive. In Vancouver Iranian restaurants don't have a very good reputation. Out of all Middle Eastern restaurants in the city, Afghan restaurants seem to be the most popular and they are usually more classy than Iranian restaurants.

Middle Eastern food is not very popular in Canada. The most popular non European cuisines here are Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai in no particular order.

@Serpentine

Looks meh :)

@rahi2357
Meat pides has tomatoes, peppers and onions too inside(thats actually better then pure meat in my opinion), but it should be well balanced of course, you should taste the meat.

Middle Eastern food is not very popular in Canada. The most popular non European cuisines here are Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai in no particular order.
That's true.

Personally, I eat a lot of Thai/Japanese/Chinese food, more than Iranian food, WAY MORE. I haven't been to an Indian restaurant believe it or not. There's one close to where I live, but it's a 5 star restaurant and that ain't my scene lol

Not a big fan of spices tbh, but I'll be giving it a shot sooner or later. Iranians generally don't eat a lot of spiced up food, unless it's a meaty dish, and even then, spice isn't used as liberally as it's in Pakistani/Indian food. Iranian food is more about herbs than spices.

Back
Top Bottom