What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

i had the servant in mind when i chose the username :d as Surenas said you could look at the Arabic root of the word or to what ghara ghan said. I just wanted to create a small paradox by using the Arabic meaning of the word.
Actually, At the beginning, Your name made me think that you have just created the account to troll. ;)
i live in Sunnyvale, CA
So, you live in bay area? :)

Let me clarify this Gholi thingy

-It has nothing with Ghulam, its coming from "Kul" which is recorded as far as back in Orkhon inscriptions. although we may guess that the word "Ghulam" might be one of the reasons of word's deformation.

-Its not means arm, arm is Kol, they're different words but we can make guesses about them having same root from proto-Turkic times. ghara ghan is probably confused because as far as I know many words with o in it changed to u in Central Asian dialects in pronunciation, which I guess is same in Turkmen.

Let me clarify this Gholi thingy

-It has nothing with Ghulam, its coming from "Kul" which is recorded as far as back in Orkhon inscriptions. although we may guess that the word "Ghulam" might be one of the reasons of word's deformation.

-Its not means arm, arm is Kol, they're different words but we can make guesses about them having same root from proto-Turkic times. ghara ghan is probably confused because as far as I know many words with o in it changed to u in Central Asian dialects in pronunciation, which I guess is same in Turkmen.

So, it means servant. is it right? and its root is "Kul" not Ghulam?

yeah, kinda, but I won't miss the chance for a short trip as well. I want to visit Palo Alto, Berkeley, and San francisco. :)

if u did go to San Francisco dont miss the alcatraz, i would recommend a tour but it might not be very easy to get the tickets.

if u did go to San Francisco dont miss the alcatraz, i would recommend a tour but it might not be very easy to get the tickets.
Alcatraz? :undecided::what: The prison? Dude, It is like visiting Evin instead of visiting South Caspian beaches when you go to Iran.
I was mostly thinking of visiting their bridge, and visiting my friends who live there.

Alcatraz? :undecided::what: The prison? Dude, It is like visiting Evin instead of visiting South Caspian beaches when you go to Iran.
I was mostly thinking of visiting their bridge, and visiting my friends who live there.

yeah but u will eventually see golden gate bridge, because its impossible to go to alcatraz without having to see golden gate first :D alcatraz located at the southwest corner of the golden gate bridge ;)

Back
Top Bottom