What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Haha yea in Pakistan they use it for really big dudes or wrestlers. Like I was a really fat child so my mother used to call me pehlwan shah or motu shah growing up lol.

Tell me you guys know this guy! :D

Iron Sheik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
220px-Iron_Shiek_Milwaukee_WI_031008.jpg

Same thing. o_O

Of course, he is the Iran's most famous clown. :lol:

Wow just read through some pages...
Its very sad to see arguments like this break out.

Everyone needs to get something very straight. Iranians (whether Persians, Azari, Kurd, Lur, Mazandarani, Armenian etc) are culturally EXTREMELY close to Turks and vice versa.
I travel to Turkey every summer (we have an apartment there) and it reminds me of Iran. The people, food, music, culture etc.

I am ethnic Persian myself (although I always identify myself as Iranian) and I can comfortably say that I consider Turkey almost like my second home country. :)

Ok which would be more accurate to say today?

It is not a question of accuracy. In English the language is called Persian/German, in Persian/German the language is called Farsi/Deutsch

Hate is not good for the heart "ahriman" practise sarosh my friend.

What does it have to do with Hate? Did you know that Ajam that Arabs use to refer to Iranians, is actually a derogatory term?

I thought you're Kurd?

Have said it a couple of times now. Father Persian (Shiraz), mother Kurdish (Kermanshah). But according to my father their family has some Qashqai ancestry. :P

That's badass.. is that tradition somehow related to Scythian female warriors? @Surenas, you usually know these things

Female horse-riders are indeed an Iranian tradition. The Scythians/Sarmatians (Massagatae) were famous for their female fighters. You can see this culture back among the Kurds and Bakhtiaris. Even today Kurds are known for their family fighters. The same counts for other Iranian women, even Persians. Look when Iranians took it to the streets in 2009; almost half of the protestors were women. In contrast to protests in Arab countries, where women were a minority and were even harassed by men, like in Egypt.

Have said it a couple of times now. Father Persian (Shiraz), mother Kurdish (Kermanshah). But according to my father their family has some Qashqai ancestry. :P

:raise:

I heard that Persians form a substantial minority in Kermanshah (I mean the city, not the province), is this true?

That is not important for us. Azerbaijan is Shia but it was never an issue between us Turkics.

Nonsense. It has always been a issue between Turks, until the Soviet Union fell. You may want to read about the Aq Qoyunlu versus the Kara Qoyunlu, Sunni Ottomans versus the Shia Safavids, Turkish Alevis versus Sunni Ottomans, etc. Turkish tribes/dynasties have fought more wars against each other than which ethnicity whatsoever.

:raise:

I heard that Persians form a substantial minority in Kermanshah (I mean the city, not the province), is this true?

Yes, but they are a small minority as far as I know. Most are Kurdish, or have been Persianized qua language.

Nonsense. It has always been a issue between Turks, until the Soviet Union fell. You may want to read about the Aq Qoyunlu versus the Kara Qoyunlu, Sunni Ottomans versus the Shia Safavids, Turkish Alevis versus Sunni Ottomans, etc. Turkish tribes/dynasties have fought more wars against each other than which ethnicity whatsoever.
OFALLOUT_P1.jpg_full_380.jpg

erdogan.jpg

677.jpg

big.jpg

B2A43343-7339-4D35-A8D8-E4A4CEB783F2_mw1024_n_s.jpg

No extra words needed.

Back
Top Bottom