What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

What about the ending "-pour" for last names? Like Sadehpour etc...

I can't really know by that alone :P You know, you could easily change your Surname?!

Here you could find some of the famous Bakhtiari family names: طوایف بختیاری - ویکی‌پدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد

But to tell you the truth, tens of thousands of Bakhtiaris have left Iran since 1979, those who were rich or educated are in U.S. others left for better cities as their native regions were/are too deprived to make any progress, really!

Last edited:
امشب یه تیزر از مستند کابوس کرکسها (تاریخچه پهبادهای ایران) رو نشون داد احتمالا خودم با زیرنویس آپلودش میکنم

In afghanistan and pakistan, some shia persians or azeris have the surname kizilbash(qizilbash)

Edit:qizilbash is a turkish word, qizil means golden and red, bash means the head

Qizil = Kızıl means Crimson. I think Kızılbaş is a term to define Alevis (I'm not sure)

pc43d89d44358e9b95f47b9565267320da_farapix.jpg

They were called them Qizilbash because of the color of the hats that they used to put on.
well i think your are mistaking here . i dont think kizilbash have anything about red hats or something if so than onbashi should means 10 head ! or yuzbashi should means 100 head ! bash in turkmen means head of so kizilbash means head of red (cloth)

well i think your are mistaking here . i dont think kizilbash have anything about red hats or something if so than onbashi should means 10 head ! or yuzbashi should means 100 head ! bash in turkmen means head of so kizilbash means head of red (cloth)
That's an another different thing, bro.
Look at the statue below, and note the red hat:
Qezelbash.JPG

BTW, here (قزلباش - ویکی‌پدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد ) says that:
لغت قزلباش از دو حرف ترکیقزل به معنی «طلائی و سرخ» و باش به معنی «سر» تشکیل یافته‌است. وجه تسمیه آن مربوط می‌شود به کلاه سرخی که پیروان این طریقت به سر داشتند و توسط شیخ حیدر - پدر شاه اسماعیل اول - برای صوفیان مرید ابداع شده بود.

Back
Top Bottom