What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Any chance someone could give us a translation of what this says
media%2FFhnE2i9XwAIRIEO.jpg
on right side
1- this panel alone can't provide enough protection and needs to be used alongside Bullet-proof waist of Class 3a
2- this side of panel must be toward body
3- this panel is made of ceramic and must be transported with care and not to be thrown on the ground

on left side

this panel must be used with bulletproof waist that conform with NIJ.0101.03 standards (Class IIIa)
this panel can protect against below threats and weaker

Type of bullet -------------------------------------mass-------------------------------------speed
7.62mm x51mm AP------------------------------9.37gr----------------------------------- 820+-10m/s
7.62mm x39 AP AK47----------------------------7.68gr------------------------------------725m/s
7.62 NATO ball-------------------------------------9.75gr----------------------------------- 810m/s
5.56 F.M.J-------------------------------------------3.5gr----------------------------------- -961m/s

Looks like UAVs and (maybe) missiles aren't they only things Russia bought.
I was actually surprised to find that these claims of iranian body armor and helmet sales were initially made a few weeks back,tho at the time the western media seemed far more fixated on the claims of possible missile and arash drone sales.
The claimed numbers of sets of armor supposedly supplied seem very tiny tho`, [1500 sets of armor+plus helmets?]
Still,whoever would`ve thought waaay back in 2010,when the russians cancelled the delivery of the s300 sam system,that in a little over a decade later russia would be buying iranian drones,body armor+helmets,and possibly even precision guided quasi-ballistic missiles as well.Theres something deeply satisfying about that,but it also clearly shows just how radically the iran-russia relationship has changed in less than a year.
Reality really can be stranger than fiction.

I was actually surprised to find that these claims of iranian body armor and helmet sales were initially made a few weeks back,tho at the time the western media seemed far more fixated on the claims of possible missile and arash drone sales.
The claimed numbers of sets of armor supposedly supplied seem very tiny tho`, [1500 sets of armor+plus helmets?]
Still,whoever would`ve thought waaay back in 2010,when the russians cancelled the delivery of the s300 sam system,that in a little over a decade later russia would be buying iranian drones,body armor+helmets,and possibly even precision guided quasi-ballistic missiles as well.Theres something deeply satisfying about that,but it also clearly shows just how radically the iran-russia relationship has changed in less than a year.
Reality really can be stranger than fiction.
the number is so small , wonder if its done by a private company or its governmental deal .it's not like you can't get them if you say you want to export them

Russian withdrawal from kherson region was something I mentioned as a distinct possibility and was attacked for on this very forum.

As I have said before, the Russian management of this war has been disastrous. I don’t care who is supporting Ukraine, the amount of damage taken by Russian military during this conflict and lack of coherent strategy is simply astounding.
I agree there has been mismanagement. I disagree w/your take on Kherson.

As I have said before, the Russian management of this war has been disastrous. I don’t care who is supporting Ukraine, the amount of damage taken by Russian military during this conflict and lack of coherent strategy is simply astounding.
I would like to know why China doesn´t help Russia agains NATO members. Obviously not with soldiers, but also munitions and equipment. NATO wanted from many years ago bypass Russia with adition of new NATO Members just in their frontier. Moreover ABM missiles bases in Romania and Poland were directly desployed for deceiving nuclear power of Russia. Nowadays you can see that USA, UK and Australia are doing the same in Taiwan, bypassing too China with naval bases in Japan, South Korea, and even Philippines (Duterte said "no" to US Navy base there). It is not a Treaty of military assistance between China and Russia, but at least some help to downgrade NATO (specially USA and UK) military readiness would help even China with Taiwan issue.

what he was writing?
He is a protester and he is writing a grafitti on the wall e "FOR--FREEDOM--" before he could finish the last of the words he gets a tap on shoulder by a policeman...so his last word he writes is "Jerusalem" ..FOR---FREEDOM--JERUSALEM..smart and quick thinker..lol

If anything it would happen after the Ukraine war is over and done with and Iran would only initially receive the 24 that were meant for Egypt.

Anyone have any update on this? This was going to happen though, only a matter of when.

But remember, those countries that couldnt attak Iran's "aged and old airforce" before these Su-35s arrived will be more willing and able to attack Iran after they are flying in Iran ok?

It didn't look good politically to abandon the western bank of the city but realistically from a military / logistics / strategic perspective, it was the right thing to do. I'm not sure if u know but Ukraine has already attempted amphibious landings with speedboats but they were again shut down. Russia's new base of operations is actually now effectively out of range of HIMARS. The Kherson region is basically now just a buffer for Crimea.

The question is, what do u think will happen once an additional 250,000 Russian reservists arrive right in time for winter ? Honestly if the Russians blow the bridges across the Dnieper, it could quickly turn into a bloodbath for the Ukrainians, especially once all the extra drones/missiles from Iran arrive. Also allegedly Russia has purchased more than 1 million shells from North Korean stockpiles.

Right now winter is setting in, the EU / UK are effectively in recession and are not looking good financially. The UK is likely to have power cuts this winter. The Europeans really just want this thing to go away and the American public is getting sick of sending tens of billions to Ukraine. Biden just asked Congress for an additional $37 billion for Ukraine. All together, that amounts to more than $100 billion for Ukraine this year. Also some of the money was allegedly siphoned back to the Democrats via the now defunk FTX crypto exchange.

Russian withdrawal from kherson region was something I mentioned as a distinct possibility and was attacked for on this very forum.

I'm not sure if people are aware but Justin Trudeau was a high school drama teacher before becoming the prime minister of Canada. Xi worked his way up from the bottom for 30 years before becoming the leader of China.

This is very upsetting to watch. Realistically though a bunch of girls and teenagers are not going to enact a revolution. The Iranian opposition is too fragmented, there is no leadership figure. The only thing that might happen is if these protests just keep dragging on to the point where some elements of the military might decide to launch a coup. However that could and likely would easily lead to a civil war, which would be a disaster for Iran.

I can't really blame young people for protesting, since the economic situation in Iran just keeps getting worst and worst over time. I also can't accept the excuses the current gov makes about foreign elements being behind everything. Then why can't foreign elements do the same to Russia or China ?

Obviously alot of young people seem to have serious grievances with the current gov and instead of trying to reform or attempting some type of dialog, they just keep deflecting and making typical excuses. Honestly if the current leadership were making the most pragmatic and feasible decisions, then Iran should easily be prospering, but it's not and currently the majority of Iranian are impoverished according to the governments own figures.

China is really messed up right now. They're still sticking with their ZERO Covid policy while most of the world has moved on. They're extremely strict and after 3 of lockdowns does it even make sense at this point ? I mean logically speaking they're annihilating their own economy right now.

See when it comes to democracy/pluralism vs authoritarianism, sure people won't always choose the right candidate for the job, but at the very least in a genuine democracy there's transparency/accountability and people can always protest for early elections or at the very least in a few years elect a new government to change policies.

In an authoritarian government it's just a matter of luck. If the leadership is pragmatic and highly intelligent then the country might outperform democracies where often times there's too much bickering / infighting and sometimes laws can't even get passed because of a deadlock with no clear party having a majority.

However as the famous saying goes "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" See the issue in an authoritarian regime is that the leadership or dictator might be prudent / wise when it comes to some subjects or for a certain period of time, but then if he makes a decision and the country is on the wrong course, often times there's no changing course.

See at the end of the day, people are just people everywhere. And for the most part people don't want to be told how to live their lives. Especially in society where the majority of people are literate and educated, a good government will impose the will of the people, not impose its will on the people' A good government should just do the basics, collect taxes, provide policing, security, military, build roads, bridges, infrastructure, healthcare, etc.

That's just my opinion on the subject, but regardless of where you stand on the matter, it's very telling that people often leave dictatorships to go to democracies but you rarely if ever hear about people fleeing a free and democratic country to go to live under an authoritarian regime.

Back
Top Bottom