What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Russia is embarrassing herself in Ukraine but here people pretend that it's all part of a big strategy that Putin has planned it step by step with his great strategic mind.
Just like Iran's silence against provocations and aggressions by the US and Israel that is called "strategic patience".
I am one of the biggest supporters of Russia but their performance in Ukraine has been dog shit. I am not going to defend their performance.

Russia was supposed to be this military superpower.

I am one of the biggest supporters of Russia but their performance in Ukraine has been dog shit. I am not going to defend their performance.

Russia was supposed to be this military superpower.
It would be very foolish to defend their actions indeed, and very difficult as well. One can start asking how they got to this point 5 or even 10 years ago, but here we are. Russia is not able to advance on its own backyard and has suffered high casualties and equipment losses, Ukraines losses are being replenished with the industrial capacity of 50 nations. Seems like people don't understand that. I'm concerned the Russian military will be backbroken by the end of this, and it will not even be considered a regional power no longer if they cannot take a the city of Kharkov, just 10 kilometer from their border.

The only cards they have played well are in the economic sphere, but even if the EU pressure Ukraine for a settlement, there is America which can supply Ukraine and has no interest in ending this war. EU is being punished for following US foreign policy, but that doesn't help Russia either. They are in a bad stop, but I think people will keep saying otherwise into 2023 and so forth.

Russia is embarrassing herself in Ukraine but here people pretend that it's all part of a big strategy that Putin has planned it step by step with his great strategic mind.
Just like Iran's silence against provocations and aggressions by the US and Israel that is called "strategic patience".
Personally, I do not have a problem with Iran's strategies, as others have noted as long as their goals are being met, even with hindrances, then this is not a significant issue. They bombed the runways, and within 3 days it was fixed and flights resumed. We are also outgunned in Syria as well.

It's an expensive strategy, but they stick with it with determination and they have their reasons for it. Considering that they continue these flights, it indicates that these shipments have some degree of success. Theirs plenty of time for payback during the hot-war

when here i said Russia is stuck in cold war mentality and don't know how to fight a modern war people here laughed at me and you knew nothing and worship west.
when i said Russia don't knew how to use air-force and still like Vietnam war rely on iron bombs , they laughed at me and said you knew nothing Russian strategy is different and better than what you think.
and funny part is that they still think its all part of grand strategy by Russia

It would be very foolish to defend their actions indeed, and very difficult as well. One can start asking how they got to this point 5 or even 10 years ago, but here we are. Russia is not able to advance on its own backyard and has suffered high casualties and equipment losses, Ukraines losses are being replenished with the industrial capacity of 50 nations. Seems like people don't understand that. I'm concerned the Russian military will be backbroken by the end of this, and it will not even be considered a regional power no longer if they cannot take a the city of Kharkov, just 10 kilometer from their border.

The only cards they have played well are in the economic sphere, but even if the EU pressure Ukraine for a settlement, there is America which can supply Ukraine and has no interest in ending this war. EU is being punished for following US foreign policy, but that doesn't help Russia either. They are in a bad stop, but I think people will keep saying otherwise into 2023 and so forth.
Russia's economic plans won't work if they can't hold a large chunk of Ukraine
The west will eventually replace Russia's gas and oil with Arabs and Turks.

Personally, I do not have a problem with Iran's strategies, as others have noted as long as their goals are being met, even with hindrances, then this is not a significant issue. They bombed the runways, and within 3 days it was fixed and flights resumed. We are also outgunned in Syria as well.

It's an expensive strategy, but they stick with it with determination and they have their reasons for it. Considering that they continue these flights, it indicates that these shipments have some degree of success. Theirs plenty of time for payback during the hot-war
When your economy is losing tens of billions of dollars a year and your inflation has jumped to over 50% for 3-4 consecutive years, settling for the status quo isn't really a strategy, particularly when you don't have an exit plan.

Ukraines losses are being replenished with the industrial capacity of 50 nations.
honestly i only see artillery and light weapon, the tanks are Ukrainian , (even at the time of USSR best Soviet tanks were made in Ukraine) and the aircraft are old soviet era aircraft donated to Ukraine by European in hope of replacing them with American ones) if those 50 country really put their industrial might behind Ukraine , you only can imagine what would have happened looking at Russia performance right now

When your economy is losing tens of billions of dollars a year and your inflation has jumped to over 50% for 3-4 consecutive years, settling for the status quo isn't really a strategy, particularly when you don't have an exit plan.
I was referring soley to the military dimension of transferring weapons to Hezb, interdiction of some of these shipments is not going to halt the overall picture, economically speaking , of course their are serious problems domestically in Iran if that was what you were refering to.

honestly i only see artillery and light weapon, the tanks are Ukrainian , (even at the time of USSR best Soviet tanks were made in Ukraine) and the aircraft are old soviet era aircraft donated to Ukraine by European in hope of replacing them with American ones) if those 50 country really put their industrial might behind Ukraine , you only can imagine what would have happened looking at Russia performance right now
You should take a look at the aid packages, some of them are quite nice, alot of useful items beyond light artillery and weapons. It is true heavy systems are not being delivered, but as you stated, if they really thought it worth while, imagine how much more they can do. We can easily come up with a list here of things they can do, but aren't out of fear, but maybe that fear disappears later.

Fc-S770j-WIAEZPxq.jpg

I was referring soley to the military dimension of transferring weapons to Hezb, interdiction of some of these shipments is not going to halt the overall picture, economically speaking , of course their are serious problems domestically in Iran if that was what you were refering to.
What is Iran's objective in Syria today?
Assad has remained in power and he does not plan to liberate his occupied territory anymore apparently.
Assad is quite non-confrontational, with all players in Syria. Turkey, Israel, rebels, Americans, etc.

What is Iran trying to achieve in Syria today?

What is Iran's objective in Syria today?
Assad has remained in power and he does not plan to liberate his occupied territory anymore apparently.
Assad is quite non-confrontational, with all players in Syria. Turkey, Israel, rebels, Americans, etc.

What is Iran trying to achieve in Syria today?
As I stated before, to keep its pipeline to Hezb open, Syria is essential for that, you already know the answer to this question.

The loss of this pipeline, means the slow decline of Hezb, which risks removing the main significant barrier to an attack against Iran.

As I stated before, to keep its pipeline to Hezb open, Syria is essential for that, you already know the answer to this question.

The loss of this pipeline, means the slow decline of Hezb, which risks removing the main significant barrier to an attack against Iran.
Fair enough, but why can't Hezbollah be like the Houthies in Yemen?
We've been supporting and training them for over 3 decades.

Fc-S770j-WIAEZPxq.jpg

Yes, the aid packages are well beyond just light artillery and light weapons.
its Gepard who is betting it cant hit anything 2km away

800px-ArtImage_Gepard.png

and the air-defense system German promised Ukraine at best can be considered something in class of Tor . if Russia used its air-force correctly they had no effect against them .

about harm , yes its a potent weapon , but did it have any effect on Ukraine success ? Ukraine don't have a meaningful air force if they destroy all Russian air defense it won't help them much

its Gepard who is betting it cant hit anything 2km away

800px-ArtImage_Gepard.png

and the air-defense system German promised Ukraine at best can be considered something in class of Tor . if Russia used its air-force correctly they had no effect against them .

about harm , yes its a potent weapon , but did it have any effect on Ukraine success ? Ukraine don't have a meaningful air force if they destroy all Russian air defense it won't help them much
Literally look at the aid packages, you think they are only giving them light artillery? lol

I doubt we are doing any training for them anymore (except uavs). God knows they should be training our Artesh frankly speaking in infantry tactics.

Houthies are not self-sufficient either. They need alot of material assistance from Iran to operate, even things like Kornet/Dehlavie munitions.

Alot of new ideas and technology is transfered to hezbollah. Nasrallah himeslf is even saying that theirs equipment there that not even Iran has deployed. You know that Shahed-136 shipping container launch method? Probably already in Lebanon. The constant improvement of their equipment is likely what is being done, including growing their stockpiles of munitions.

We are talking about providing conversion kits for munitions to turn to precision munition, SAMS (which are likely in Hezb hands), EW equipment, laser guided munitions, construction equipment and perhaps other more sensitive equipment. They can't build all of these on their own, so they will require Iran's industrial capacity to provide them with capabilities that make them into an advanced military, a modern military.

Houthies in contrast, do not have this degree of sophistication, especially in equipment, but these are early days still.

What does this statement even mean?

Look at Hezbollah in battle of Yabrud. Literally wiped the floor with terrorists in their first conventional battle.

Houthi’s have existed for longer than Hezbollah. And in the 2000’s were actually supported by Saudi Arabia in their battle with Sallah. They been at war with various sides for decades. But Houthi’s are guerrilla fighters more akin to Taliban in terms of fighting strategy than Hezbollah that is more strategic.

Back
Top Bottom