What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

-Was the gaming teen Aryana? I was actually thinking about him earlier and hoping he survived that past few years considering sweden's policies.
-There was Yaghoot from the older idf .net forum run by Sukhoi30; Yaghoot was a retired IRIAF pilot who flew an F5 in the 1990s. He was never in IMF though.
-There was also Jonk in IMF who was a veteran of the holy defense and highly respected for his service. I don't know if he was disabled though.
-The Finnis man is Mustavaris; an overall cool guy, miss him.
-There is also gomig21 who sometimes comes here once or twice a year; he was most active in the idf .net days.

Loved Rouz's posts and am in agreement with him when it comes to a certain plant that he was quite fond of...
I also think of Soheil almost every time I open the numerous threads in this forum that he created and are most visited; I mainly worry that he survived the past few years.
Even Arian in this forum has been quiet for a while and I wonder & worry the same thing; did that filthy virus get any of them...

- Yes yes Aryana, he was just a typical teen. Members used to tease him lots for his negative or fearful way of thinking.
- Yaghoot I remember from IDF. He had so much inside scoop from IRIAF. He disliked Abbas Babaei a lot. I think I first heard of the APQ-153 upgradation of F-5E/F in IRIAF from him that increased the search range.
- If Jonk is the same fellow then he was a retired vet from artesh aviation (helis). I think he once mentioned his legs not working.
- Yes Mustavaris I remember
- GOMIG21 is an ex MIG-21 pilot of Egyptian AF. Fully active here on Egyptian forces thread.
- Soheil comes here often
- Rouz was sick for some time, he posted his pics on the bed

I was finishing my Doctorate at that time so in the end days, I just stopped coming. I emerged here much later but initially just to troll anti-Iran people here with DNA plots lol. I still do that sometimes here when I am bored.

Last edited:
- Yaghoot I remember from IDF. He had so much inside scoop from IRIAF. He disliked Abbas Babaei a lot. I think I first heard of the APQ-153 upgradation of F-5E/F in IRIAF from him that increased the search range.
I remember him stating that IRIAF spent $2 billion in the 1990s on upgrading the tomcat fleet and this was long before the AM standard that they are currently working on. That 1990s upgrade is probably the reason they are still around till now and can undergo another major refit to the AM standard.
- GOMIG21 is an ex MIG-21 pilot of Egyptian AF. Fully active here on Egyptian forces thread.
I had no idea he actually flew that aircraft, I just thought he loved it for the looks or something! lol!

I remember him stating that IRIAF spent $2 billion in the 1990s on upgrading the tomcat fleet and this was long before the AM standard that they are currently working on. That 1990s upgrade is probably the reason they are still around till now and can undergo another major refit to the AM standard.

I had no idea he actually flew that aircraft, I just thought he loved it for the looks or something! lol!

- Yeah I remember him saying that some airframes were metallurgically brought to almost 0 hour life status which is one reason they might see 2035. Also, that IRIAF deemed MIG-29 to be much inferior to Tomcats even in WVR.

- We can ask him directly hehe

Very nice to know about your experience in IEI. Do you think it's a capable enough entity to provide Iran with radars, avionics, etc?
The IEI of today is many orders of magnitude bigger than when I was working there in late 70s..at the time it was mostly repair and overhaul ..the company was very young only few years under the belt..The Iranian staff were graduates from all over ..UK, US, Australia, I was the only one from Canada..We also had Iranian university graduates... superb technical people and better engineers than most of the foreign university graduates ...and then there were American defence contractors from all over the US ..mostly California..but unlike Saudi Arabia where they all had to live in encampments, the Americans in Iran lived amongst general population and mingled with us..great and friendly people .

To answer your question..from what I saw then and what I have seen on their products from outside( we only see the tip of the iceberg from outside) they can do any Opto/Electronics related project. Just give them the funding and orders to proceed . I can see the same thing about HESA...I see the funding and lack of decisive decision making at the top as the biggest impediment ..Thank God Raisi went to HESA, saw what they can do and made the decision on the spot..now I am sure we will have that 75 seat passenger plane before his term is over.

Pakistan is Iran's most populous neighbor by far. I would say that Pakistan's geography is more interesting, we connect India, China, Middle East and Central Asia. Two of our neighbors China and India are the most populous countries, Pakistan itself is number 5. There's a prevalent view point in Pakistan that our fate is cursed by our geography and Pakistan is bound to remain a security state.

Our fate is not cursed by our geography, our fate is cursed by our ignorance & inaction.

Our fate is not cursed by our geography, our fate is cursed by our ignorance & inaction.
I believe Pakistan (and India's) connection to the West are the source of conflict. Going down the path of independence like Iran will prove best. This doesn't mean there won't be any conflict--there would be some inevitably. But at least they're 'our' conflicts.

The Russian Ruble is currently surging, now at a 5 year high. It's really the only major global currency that is currently gaining against the US Dollar. The currencies of developing nations (India, Turkey, Brazil, South Africa, etc) all seem to be losing against the Dollar. However even the currencies of highly developed nations like the Yen of Japan or Euro or the European Union, are sliding against the Dollar. Strange times we live in.

1 usd = ruble.jpg

Our elite can't break the spell of western superiority over their mind including the Army as it is the same institution that was formed by the British to subdue the Indian subcontinent. Iran got lucky with Sayed Khomeini, otherwise Shah was also a western tool.
Correct. And that’s where the people come in. As long as the status quo is tolerable they won’t. Note, the Iranian revolution unlike many others was not economically based but based on culture, religion, and patriotism. Where are Pakistan and India today in that regard? Hard to revolt iwhile in poverty. But the time will come.

Last edited:
I believe Pakistan (and India's) connection to the West are the source of conflict. Going down the path of independence like Iran will prove best. This doesn't mean there won't be any conflict--there would be some inevitably. But at least they're 'our' conflicts.

Indian polity’s greatest achievement post partition was making sure the army stayed in its place. They had realised the army was the scum of the society & had it not been for these mercenaries the crown wouldn’t have won over subcontinent. A weak army cost India a few embarrassments in the short time but it enjoys the long term benefits today.

Reverse is the case with Pakistan, with the passage of time it’s gotten even worse & today our situation is worse than a destabilised colony.

Institutions left behind by East India company are still to this day loyal servants of East India company & they ll remain so until the people of these provinces subdue them and stamp their authority over them.

Pakistani society however is far too fragmented to come to a consensus about the root cause of its miseries & unite in its efforts against this cancer.

Our elite can't break the spell of western superiority over their mind including the Army as it is the same institution that was formed by the British to subdue the Indian subcontinent. Iran got lucky with Sayed Khomeini, otherwise Shah was also a western tool.

Our elite will never break the spell of western superiority because they think themselves to be a part of the west. To be fair, they pretty much are a part of the west & that too the very worst of the west.

There is no reformation possible with them, it wasn’t possible in China & Iran & it isn’t possible with us either. The Chinese butchered their elite, the Iranians had to butcher their elite & we ll have to do the same with ours.

The sooner it’s done, the better it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom