What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

French navy is also tiny compared to the USN. Even North Korea could destroy a french carrier group without much problem, let alone Russia or China.
Yep. Self-aggrandizement.

Deputy FM: Iran proposes single SCO currency

Tehran, IRNA – Iran has proposed that the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) introduce a new single currency for trade by its member states.

The announcement was made by Mehdi Safari, Iran's Foreign Minister for Economic Diplomacy on Wednesday.

He said that the Islamic Republic made the proposal in a letter it sent to the Shanghai Cooperation Organization almost two months ago.

Safari added that the country will make follow-ups and expressed hope that the proposal is approved by the organization.

He also said that the use of a single currency by the SCO member states help them resolve issues they face in trade.

Any suggestion guys ?

Tehran, IRNA – Iran has proposed that the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) introduce a new single currency for trade by its member states.

The announcement was made by Mehdi Safari, Iran's Foreign Minister for Economic Diplomacy on Wednesday.

He said that the Islamic Republic made the proposal in a letter it sent to the Shanghai Cooperation Organization almost two months ago.

Safari added that the country will make follow-ups and expressed hope that the proposal is approved by the organization.

He also said that the use of a single currency by the SCO member states help them resolve issues they face in trade.

Any suggestion guys ?

Getting China on board will be tough.

Also India and China hate each other. A bit of a weird organization SCO is.

Any suggestion guys ?
First question that comes to mind is 'why?'. What's the cost/benefit analysis?
I'm also not clear what 'single currency' means. Is this a bench mark proxy item with no physical existence other than how local currencies can calculate trade direct (i.e. instead of the current dollar/Euro mechanisms) OR is it a REAL currency like the Euro? I'm not clear about the need of a Euro-esqe currency when the former may very well do. Of course the former also presents complexities like how is the benchmark calculated. At the end, perhaps the thinking should be away from broad unification of 'things' which again is fundamental to globalization, IMO. Putting on my rogue thinking cap I fundamentally question the need for unifying these types of things.

First question that comes to mind is 'why?'. What's the cost/benefit analysis?
I'm also not clear what 'single currency' means. Is this a bench mark proxy item with no physical existence other than how local currencies can calculate trade direct (i.e. instead of the current dollar/Euro mechanisms) OR is it a REAL currency like the Euro? I'm not clear about the need of a Euro-esqe currency when the former may very well do. Of course the former also presents complexities like how is the benchmark calculated. At the end, perhaps the thinking should be away from broad unification of 'things' which again is fundamental to globalization, IMO. Putting on my rogue thinking cap I fundamentally question the need for unifying these types of things.
Why ? no Idea
it's cool man

Yuppe , Royan :angel:

If europeans moved on from their issues with eachother certainly China and India can do the same.

Europeans didn’t “move on” from their issues. They physically had two world wars with tens of millions of casualties. Then the West systemically chased Nazi regime elements all across the world and executed them.

Even today they are still putting on trial Nazi prison guards who were 15 years old at the time.

So India and China isn’t going to stop anytime soon. Especially with India being USA largest trading partner and part of the “Quad” ment to contain China.

This is why it’s hard for SCO to be a true security organization or economic powerhouse. As long as two arch enemies are inside it, then West will exploit that fissure.

Europeans didn’t “move on” from their issues. They physically had two world wars with tens of millions of casualties. Then the West systemically chased Nazi regime elements all across the world and executed them.

Even today they are still putting on trial Nazi prison guards who were 15 years old at the time.

So India and China isn’t going to stop anytime soon. Especially with India being USA largest trading partner and part of the “Quad” ment to contain China.

This is why it’s hard for SCO to be a true security organization or economic powerhouse. As long as two arch enemies are inside it, then West will exploit that fissure.
:meeting:China and US have better trade compared to India and US.

In Europe they created multiple systems until their cooperation reached to this level.

problems of China vs India are not even close to Russia vs Iran.

Whatever the real story is. Another assassination or IRGC taking out a mole. This is quite a volatile time.

Plan “B” seems to be in motion or at least beginning.

Back
Top Bottom