What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Hi Indos,

There was an Iranian SAIRAN website that had information on these radars but it seems to be offline now. Here is a tweet that took the information from there when it was online:

In my opinion that guy use Indonesian made radar photo. Is there any Kashef 3 radar image posted by the company who made it ? Is the radar really exist since there is no mentioned about it in Wikipedia ?

This is radar from Indonesia state own electronic company, PT LEN Industry

1610964612920.png

In my opinion that guy use Indonesian made radar photo. Is there any Kashef 3 radar image posted by the company who made it ? Is the radar really exist since there is no mentioned about it in Wikipedia ?

This is radar from Indonesia state own electronic company, PT LEN Industry

View attachment 708075

From what I can see, only data available is on Kashef 1 and 2. Here is Kashef-2:

1610988664972.png

Given the website is not available for us to access to confirm it is hard to conclude.
Edit: I try to find some more data on this and post if I find anything.

Last edited:
Thats indeed the Kashef-3.

Iran and Indonesia cooperate on radars, nice to see the fruits.

The cooperation is not happening. I dont know why. My cousin is actually a radar researcher who work in LIPI, a gov research agency that previously reported to have some sort of MOU with Iran to develop radar. He told me like that.

The cooperation is not happening. I dont know why. My cousin is actually a radar researcher who work in LIPI, a gov research agency that previously reported to have some sort of MOU with Iran to develop radar. He told me like that.

For not happening that Indonesian radar looks too identical to the Kashef-3 which is clearly an evolution of the Kashef-1.

Iran developed the Kashef-3, but prefers the Kavosh/Kasta-2 radar over it.

So either this was a cooperation based on Kashef-2, or Indonesians did what Iranians did in the ealry 2000's, buy a radar and copy it. Kashef-1 was developed what way from a Chinese radar.

Actually there are other radars which are too similar to each other, so there is definitely something going on, even if it is not officially acknowledged by Indonesia due to fear of U.S sanctions.

For not happening that Indonesian radar looks too identical to the Kashef-3 which is clearly an evolution of the Kashef-1.

Iran developed the Kashef-3, but prefers the Kavosh/Kasta-2 radar over it.

So either this was a cooperation based on Kashef-2, or Indonesians did what Iranians did in the ealry 2000's, buy a radar and copy it. Kashef-1 was developed what way from a Chinese radar.

Actually there are other radars which are too similar to each other, so there is definitely something going on, even if it is not officially acknowledged by Indonesia due to fear of U.S sanctions.

I am not a government. I am a civilian. I have asked my cousin about the cooperation personally. He said the cooperation doesnt happen. There is nothing to be fear about radar cooperation, unless it is balistic missile cooperation.

That Kashef 3 photo look like a fake. There is no Kashef 3. Can you show me Kashef 3 photo from the company who made it ?

Indonesia is not afraid of US, we are still having trade with Iran until this day.

Indos, are you a troll? This radar is real, not fake photos.It was part of the Iranian army parade

Here I give the information directly coming from LIPI website. Look like similar with my cousin said that there is indeed MOU but there is no action yet on the cooperation.

Google Translate

"Currently LIPI has no collaboration or research activities with the Iranian government. However, LIPI has initiated cooperation with Iran. Among them are the MoU of cooperation in the fields of plant, animal and marine biotechnology in 2019, the collaboration between the Center for Electronics and Telecommunications LIPI with Imam Khomeini University in the field of microwave promotion and radar technology

In the future, it is hoped that LIPI and Iran can collaborate in the fields of science and technology. The collaboration is also expected to strengthen relations between Indonesia and Iran. "

---------------------------------------------------------------
Some error made by Google Translate

PS: Namun, LIPI telah mempunyai inisiasi kerjasama dengan Iran should rather be translated as " However, LIPI has cooperation intention with Iran. Google translate has made an error in translating the sentence.

So it should be translated as

"Currently LIPI has no collaboration or research activities with the Iranian government. However, LIPI has cooperation intention with Iran. Among them are the MoU of cooperation in the fields of plant, animal and marine biotechnology in 2019, the collaboration between the Center for Electronics and Telecommunications LIPI with Imam Khomeini University in the field of microwave promotion and radar technology

In the future, it is hoped that LIPI and Iran can collaborate in the fields of science and technology. The collaboration is also expected to strengthen relations between Indonesia and Iran. "

Any way it is LIPI, while the radar is made by PT LEN Industry. We also have many research agency as well like BPPT, LAPAN or university.

This is AESA radar for instant is developed by Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB)

During Indodefense 2018

1610974767235.png

Last edited:
چند تا تحلیلگر های غربی این دو سه روز رو خیلی حساس می دونستن

تحلیلشون این بود ترامپ فرصت کمی برای جبران ضربه ای که میخوره داره و روحیه فرمانده ها به علت جابجایی قدرت و سطح حمایت پایین تره​

Wendy Sherman:

“We’re going to work hard at this, because we have lost credibility, we are seen as weaker” after Trump, said Sherman, who was Barack Obama’s lead U.S. negotiator for the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement. She was speaking of U.S. foreign objectives overall, including the Iran deal.

“If war with Iran became inevitable it would upend everything else he’s trying to do with his presidency,” said Karim Sadjadpour, an expert on Iran and U.S. Middle East policy at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “Biden and his team are very mindful of this. Their priorities are domestic.”

Last edited:
I am not a government. I am a civilian. I have asked my cousin about the cooperation personally. He said the cooperation doesnt happen. There is nothing to be fear about radar cooperation, unless it is balistic missile cooperation.

That Kashef 3 photo look like a fake. There is no Kashef 3. Can you show me Kashef 3 photo from the company who made it ?

Indonesia is not afraid of US, we are still having trade with Iran until this day.

Well, do you know then that Indonesian radar was first shown?
Kafesh-3 was first shown in 2018.
The photo is altered to exclude some elements but it is not really a photoshop.

I'd say if the Indonesian variant was not showed before the Iranian one in 2018, we are safe to assume it was either a Kafesh-2 based cooperation project or Indonesians purchased or copied the Iranian design.

I had read somewhere that IR and Indo were cooperating on a radar, but i guessed that it was National radar رادار ملی that Iran had sold to Indonesia. Looks like i was wrong and it actually was the Kashef. So similar products.

In order to avoid sanctions, Indonesia had introduced it as a civil cooperation with Iran, and now this.
The national radar of Iran
13980525144331550181295910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom