What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I couldn't find more information, if you have a better drone to compare feel free to.

Both those systems use foreign engines so it is not really a wise comparison. Does Israel have any jet powered UAV we can compare?
The engine origin is irrelevant, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Not that I know of, we don't have.

I

The engine origin is irrelevant, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Engine is a major determining factor in range, speed, altitude and so on. On the contrary, it is the least irrelevant subsystem in our discussed criteria.

I hope you can appreciate now how difficult it is to do a proper comparison.

Engine is a major determining factor in range, speed, altitude and so on. On the contrary, it is the least irrelevant subsystem in our discussed criteria.
There's still the categories of connection range, optics and armament.

I hope you can appreciate now how difficult it is to do a proper comparison.
Iranian jet powered (I think I've read somehere it's a turbofan rather than a jet engine) drones are actually less capable than their propellored ones.

armament.

We can discuss this. What munitions do Israeli UAVs use?

Iranian jet powered (I think I've read somehere it's a turbofan rather than a jet engine) drones are actually less capable than their propellored ones.

Jet powered UAV that Iran uses are used for different missions compared to the slow, high RCS propeller systems.

We can discuss this. What munitions do Israeli UAVs use?
Spike ER,ER II , LR and LR II, Hellfire ,and I think also NLOS.

Jet powered UAV that Iran uses are used for different missions compared to the slow, high RCS propeller systems.
The low RCS and fast jet engine didn't help against Israel though. Fun fact, it was shot down by a hellfire missile which is kinda cool considering it's an anti tank missile.

Hellfire is not an Israeli system so we will not consider it. Spike is a good system. Iran has many pin point accurate systems such as the Qaem family of missiles which have TV guidance, laser guidance etc. These have an incredible accuracy of 50cm.

Speaking about Qaem, the general said that it is also a “smart bomb,” meant for precision strikes, and could hit within 50 centimeters of a target. Supposedly Qaem can be equipped with different warheads, including penetrating and explosive fragmentation versions, which can be loaded on a broad range of drones, such as the Iranian-made Shahed-129, Hamase and Mohajer-6.
https://www.magiran.com/article/3983322

Qaem-1.
DVRIwYVWAAAKBKz.jpg

Qaem-5, small TV guided bomb:

1398051512574746618046144.jpg

Qaem-9:

1056657_147.jpg

Sadid-guided bomb: 8-10km range:

qYkhdOpU9mOF5EL9dvGwYztCaMvOMKgm6S_ddgEiGRlfYOQiYNV4q-iEKm7U55tBEwJBZT8S6QL-TDRVoQ4jLZbWyvrG1j48S3houwpLeUMW

And the one called "Balaban" which is the Iranian analogue to the "small diameter bomb" and has a range of 100km (depending which UAV uses it):

864199_949.jpg

EKsdIgUX0AEbOsu.jpg

Does Israel have anything used in their UAVs with such a range?

Furthermore, all these systems are "pin-point" in terms of accuracy, so I don't think their quality can be questioned. Moreover, these are just a handful of Iranian UAV munitions. Do now you see what your military official meant by the size of Iran's industry? And it's not just quantity my friend, there is a great quality too.

The low RCS and fast jet engine didn't help against Israel though. Fun fact, it was shot down by a hellfire missile which is kinda cool considering it's an anti tank missile.

No one is under the impression that these systems are invincible and/or invisible. But notice how you always have to use your electro-optic systems to down them and not radar guided systems (due to their low RCS). Furthermore, that "Ayoub" UAV penetrated many Km's into your airspace before you had to use an F-16 to down it. And those were older Iranian technology.

"The next appearance of a Hezbollah drone on October 6, 2012, was a spectacular foray that took Israel by surprise. An Iranian drone called “Ayub” flew south from Lebanon over the Mediterranean and into Israel via the Gaza Strip, moving westward about 35 miles into the Negev and penetrating to a point near the town of Dimona, the site of Israel’s nuclear weapons complex. There it was shot down over a forest by Israeli aircraft. Examining the wreckage, Israeli military said that it was possible the drone could have transmitted imagery of the nuclear research center. "

https://fas.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Hezbollah-Drones-Spring-2014.pdf

Last edited:
Those are specifications of the Eitan drone.
View attachment 640986
A drone from 2004.
Its rival is the IAIO Fortos, intruduced in 2020, with the same design.

Actually I misread. It wasn't introduced in 2020, it was supposed to but the project is believed to be dropped.
View attachment 640988

As you can see range is significantly lower, service ceiling is significantly lower, endurance is potentionally lower.
the key point is Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6-67A

that was not a jet powered drone , it was a propeller early variant of it

US GDP shrinkage: 6.5%
UK GDP shrinkage: 20%!!!!!!
Iran GDP growth rate: -6 to +1 based on the source and type of calculation

Before Covid-19, economists were saying that Iran's GDP was going to grow in 2021, now it's 2022 or 2023. If Iran's government is doing such a terrible job running the economy, then how is Iran's economy still projected to grow despite Iran being subjected to devastating sanctions.

Actually according to this site, Iran's economy is growing in 2021 and this was written on June 2nd, this year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/294301/iran-gross-domestic-product-gdp-growth/

33333.jpg

US GDP shrinkage: 6.5%
UK GDP shrinkage: 20%!!!!!!
Iran GDP growth rate: -6 to +1 based on the source and type of calculation

that was not a jet powered drone , it was a propeller early variant of i

Your drones aren't jet powered, they're turbofans.

Iranian agents at work :azn:

One of the inactive cooling towers of the Haifa petrochemical plant had suddenly collapsed.

EaSqXPNU8AILkHx
Yeah because the structure of a 100 year old tower is connected and dependent on a computer

Your drones aren't jet powered, they're turbofans.

Yeah because the structure of a 100 year old tower is connected and dependent on a computer
We recently built a TurboTax engine . but before that we built several turbojet engine .that we used in several of our drones.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom