What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I'm speechless guys .:rolleyes:

These pimps only want to humiliate the youth . Our training sergeant is a suck *** . I could barely walk as the back of my ankles were hurt and he was forcing us to run like it was a horse race !

Fortunately I was kicked out of the parade company :yahoo: .

Overall military service is not a really bad experience . I'm having fun :guns:

I'm OK bro . Thanks .

:-)

Pretty similar experience here .

Making the bed is a pain in the *** . Most guys in our dorm prefer not to touch the blanket and sheet and use their uniform so that they won't have to clean it next morning .

Our commander is cool and caring but the training sergeant ( a 22-3 year old guy ) is ... .

So no brushing on the blankets ?
Although it depends on your next unit and your rank and you might serve like a king under cooler, you'll miss these days once you enter your unit at the end of the training ....

@Daneshmand any comment on this?

Although it depends on your next unit and your rank and you might serve like a king under cooler, you'll miss these days once you enter your unit at the end of the training ....

Everyone is telling me the same these days .

Very neat and clean dorm ....
One day during my military service in the boot camp in army we were standing in the line before our dorms yawning and waiting for morning exercises with crazy colonel which was running around the military base for 5 rounds , all the sudden we noticed our training sergeant went to our dorm, after a while he got out with a frown face and return to the dorm with the rest of the training sergeants then they called our company commander and checked the dorm again .. then captain second-in-command of our battalion ... then major the battalion commander accompanied them and finally the colonel visited ... for half an hour we were looking at them coming and going in and out of our dorms worrying what was going on ...
Finally they ended the circus and told us that the dorms are not clean and we didn't make bunks very well as they taught us ...we were supposed to go to the bathroom, getting ready and also make our bunk in 5 minutes in 4:20 am ...
By the way we were forced to clean the dorm with sliding on the floor, our leaves were canceled and from 8 a.m to 12 we were being forced to run , in one case we had to run towards a tree greeting introducing ourselves loudly look like an idiot and return ... our company commander said 20% losses is natural in the first week of training . ... I lost 8 kilos after 2 months ..

Making a bed is a $hit like this:

*Pokes bed* :whistle:

I'm soo glad I didn't do military service, and I hate taking orders from someone else. :coffee:

Under blanket? no way to do it in summer in Khordad with just two or three ceiling fans in a big dorm , besides we were not allowed to just slide in we had to use the bed with sheets and blanket all together .... moreover what ever you to do to prevent the mess again you have no time left to brush the blanket and make exquisite pattern on it.
My solution was simple, sleep well and wake up at 4 a.m therefore bathroom was empty and I had plenty of time to get ready even to take a shower ...
well ,i went for training in November and because of the heater the weather was pretty warm inside and why you think I slide in ? I just slept on them, so I neither touch blanket and sheets , and my solution was not to roll on them just sleep on your back and stay so. in the training I only made the bed twice once the first day when they told us how to do it and once in the middle of the course .
my other brilliant Idea for not washing dishes was to smuggle some paper dishes and use them .and as I was the only person who in both half of the course was assigned to distributing food not cleaning the dorm or wash the dishes well nobody found it. downside was that I had to wake-up at 3:30 am

Living in Iran leaves you no choice but to do military service, every single 18 years old Iranian male is supposed to serve for 21 to 24 months .....

Damn. In Turkey it used to be 16 or something. A couple years it was reduced to 12 months.

@Daneshmand any comment on this?

Well, it is yet an unsolved mystery. The current form of this problem stems from mind body dualism of Descartes which underlies all science and our understanding of the world today. But this Descartes ingenious "solution" can not last forever as itself inherently is in conflict with science. At some point mind itself has to give itself up for inspection and understanding by science. What he is doing in his research is in that direction, trying to understand the mind part of Descartes dualism.

The dualism has been very useful in science as it allowed us to understand bodies including our own without the need to bring in supernatural forces. But the inquiry into mind has been much more difficult as you can see even in this TED talk. The truth is, the dualism might not be true at all and the underlying "reality" might actually be something entirely different for both the mind and the body.

One way to look at it, is simulation argument, for example. In simulation argument, there can only exist three possible scenarios regarding reality and our existence (both of our minds and body), namely that 1) conscious intelligence will never be able to fully understand the world around us to a degree which allows us to simulate it or 2) that the conscious intelligence will refrain from simulating reality for any number of reasons or 3) We are all living in a simulation.

It would be very difficult to prove or disprove anything as you can see. There are some signs which suggest things are not as we think they are. Signs like granulating and fuzzy nature of our perceived reality at quantum level or even some spooky stuff like the double slit experiment.

It might be that, we are living not in a "physical" world (the way we perceive physicality), but actually in an informational world. The way we perceive this information coming to us is in the form of the physical world, space-time, big bang and the Universe itself. But none are "actually" there, just our expectation of them being there in that form makes them be in that form.

well ,i went for training in November and because of the heater the weather was pretty warm inside and why you think I slide in ? I just slept on them, so I neither touch blanket and sheets , and my solution was not to roll on them just sleep on your back and stay so. in the training I only made the bed twice once the first day when they told us how to do it and once in the middle of the course .
my other brilliant Idea for not washing dishes was to smuggle some paper dishes and use them .and as I was the only person who in both half of the course was assigned to distributing food not cleaning the dorm or wash the dishes well nobody found it. downside was that I had to wake-up at 3:30 am

Because we had no choice, for 2 or 3 nights I slid in and had no problem with the bunk in the next morning but trainers noticed and stopped it even in some occasions they deliberately made our beds untidy to have excuses to punish us ....
For the dishes one of trainers always was standing beside the distributing food desk and without Yalghavi you could not get the meal .... no way ... one day we found a cockroach in the pot which sparked off a riot , the major ate that cockroach like a chocolate with a smile as if nothing happened and returned to his office ...
I served in Air force and my training time was in Tehran and because central command of the force was located 2 blocks away from us they were very strict about these things ... we had military parade 2 times a week and military parade training at 4 p.m almost everyday with a scorching hot air ...

Damn. In Turkey it used to be 16 or something. A couple years it was reduced to 12 months.

It was 18 months but they increased recently to 21.

Well, it is yet an unsolved mystery. The current form of this problem stems from mind body dualism of Descartes which underlies all science and our understanding of the world today. But this Descartes ingenious "solution" can not last forever as itself inherently is in conflict with science. At some point mind itself has to give itself up for inspection and understanding by science. What he is doing in his research is in that direction, trying to understand the mind part of Descartes dualism.

The dualism has been very useful in science as it allowed us to understand bodies including our own without the need to bring in supernatural forces. But the inquiry into mind has been much more difficult as you can see even in this TED talk. The truth is, the dualism might not be true at all and the underlying "reality" might actually be something entirely different for both the mind and the body.

One way to look at it, is simulation argument, for example. In simulation argument, there can only exist three possible scenarios regarding reality and our existence (both of our minds and body), namely that 1) conscious intelligence will never be able to fully understand the world around us to a degree which allows us to simulate it or 2) that the conscious intelligence will refrain from simulating reality for any number of reasons or 3) We are all living in a simulation.

It would be very difficult to prove or disprove anything as you can see. There are some signs which suggest things are not as we think they are. Signs like granulating and fuzzy nature of our perceived reality at quantum level or even some spooky stuff like the double slit experiment.

It might be that, we are living not in a "physical" world (the way we perceive physicality), but actually in an informational world. The way we perceive this information coming to us is in the form of the physical world, space-time, big bang and the Universe itself. But none are "actually" there, just our expectation of them being there in that form makes them be in that form.

Thanks dear @Daneshmand , do you think of "Information" as third fundamental entity beside matter and energy ? and what was the source of information in the first place? did it come from matter and energy? I know that it's got at least "9.11*10 power -31" kg which is very small mass but larger than zero , actually it's finite rest mass of the electron at zero velocity ..
And I think such a notion ,that what we see isn't inevitably the reality, started with Plato, he was thinking that everything in this world is a portray of a reality in upper world and we just see the shadows of them and you need to break chains and stand up to see the reality ...

Plato_-_Allegory_of_the_Cave.png

Now the argument has got deeper that how we should stand up and turn back to see the reality of the objects, is it our mind that visualizes them for us or the story is completely different ... whatever it might be it perplexes me ...

Because we had no choice, for 2 or 3 nights I slid in and had no problem with the bunk in the next morning but trainers noticed and stopped it even in some occasions they deliberately made our beds untidy to have excuses to punish us ....
For the dishes one of trainers always was standing beside the distributing food desk and without Yalghavi you could not get the meal .... no way ... one day we found a cockroach in the pot which sparked off a riot , the major ate that cockroach like a chocolate with a smile as if nothing happened and returned to his office ...
I served in Air force and my training time was in Tehran and because central command of the force was located 2 blocks away from us they were very strict about these things ... we had military parade 2 times a week and military parade training at 4 p.m almost everyday with a scorching hot air ...

It was 18 months but they increased recently to 21.

Thanks dear @Daneshmand , do you think of "Information" as third fundamental entity beside matter and energy ? and what was the source of information in the first place? did it come from matter and energy? I know that it's got at least "9.11*10 power -31" kg which is very small mass but larger than zero , actually it's finite rest mass of the electron at zero velocity ..
And I think such a notion ,that what we see isn't inevitably the reality, started with Plato, he was thinking that everything in this world is a portray of a reality in upper world and we just see the shadows of them and you need to break chains and stand up to see the reality ...

Now the argument has got deeper that how we should stand up and turn back to see the reality of the objects, is it our mind that visualizes them for us or the story is completely different ... whatever it might be it perplexes me ...

Are you fucking with me man !?

I'm being trained in the air force right now .

Which base were you ? Khazraei or Hazrat Amir ?

These are called BRILLIANT music videos. Not koji zadori's crap

Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

You are most welcome.

No, I was thinking in terms of digital physics and its possible existence for instance through something like the big toe.

That the energy, matter, time and space all are manifestation of information and in actuality do not exist. We perceive that information as energy, matter, space and time. Think of a self conscious Mario in the computer game. For him there is a space between him and the flag pole which he has to cover in a certain time, but in reality it is all information. There is no real space or time.

If such a theory of everything is proved based on an Information Universe, then things would be completely different, Philosophy, science, arts, spirituality and everything else will become redundant and will be replaced by a single truth out of which everything flows in the form of manifestations we perceive.

Work is already being done both at the theoretical front as well as experimentally for example the holometer experiment.

After all this experiment can not be explained unless in an Informational Universe concept:

Back
Top Bottom