What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

@Sinan

I read Turkey has banned Nowruz celebrations, is this nationwide or just limited to some towns?
Peace process is frozen, no more Nowruz.

It's banned in many cities. I know it's banned in Ankara, Istanbul, Izmır and Adana. And many more cities in southeastern Turkey....It's not banned in Diyarbakır though.

HDP MP burned his tie to protest bans....
299261.jpg

Police extinguished it afterwards...

Peace process is frozen, no more Nowruz.

It's banned in many cities. I know it's banned in Ankara, Istanbul, Izmır and Adana. And many more cities in southeastern Turkey....It's not banned in Diyarbakır though.

HDP MP burned his tie to protest bans....
299261.jpg

Police extinguished it afterwards...

What does a 3000 old celebration have to do with 'peace process'? Another fascist act by Erdogan. Disgusting.

What does a 3000 old celebration have to do with 'peace process'? Another fascist act by Erdogan. Disgusting.

diyarbakir-da-nevruz-4448048_o.jpg

2.jpg

F21142128.jpg

No more nevruz....they can burn a small fire in their house and hop over it.

HDP still says they are going to celebrate nevruz despite the bans....i think this time nevruz will be bloody.

When you have such a huge population holding Ocalan's signs, it means something, it shows you have went wrong at some point, somewhere. Reminds me of early years of Ataturk's rule, in which Kurds where seen more like animals rather than humans. Things have improved so much in past century, but some glimpses of the past still exist in the actions of Turkish authorities. Old habits die hard.

I can already imagine, if we had done something even remotely close to this about our Azeri population, you guys would come here screaming how were chauvinists, fascists.

Nothing personal here, so please don't be offended by my post. I just find it outrageous that Turkish authorities feel danger and threatened from a celebration that has been held for thousands of years. It speaks volumes at the same time. They were just waiting for an excuse.

When you have such a huge population holding Ocalan's signs, it means something, it shows you have went wrong at some point, somewhere. Reminds me of early years of Ataturk's rule, in which Kurds where seen more like animals rather than humans. Things have improved so much in past century, but some glimpses of the past still exist in the actions of Turkish authorities. Old habits die hard.

I can already imagine, if we had done something even remotely close to this about our Azeri population, you guys would come here screaming how were chauvinists, fascists.

Nothing personal here, so please don't be offended by my post.
I don't get offended over empty and meaningless words, so no problem.

I just find it outrageous that Turkish authorities feel danger from a celebration that has been held for thousands of years. It speaks volumes at the same time.
Above post was intended to show you that it's not related with tradition or celebration but about some PKK sympathizans who turns celebrations into PKK propaganda..... So, no newruz or anything like it.

At 0:10 Erdogan had a WTF moment. @Sinan notice the body language, Erdogan was done.
Nah...it's pretty much normal......look, it's not normal between strangers. It's normal between family members.

Like Turkification attempts in early days of republic, which led to thousands of deaths and much destruction?

Dersim massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You said old habit die hard so i wanna know which are those that still exist, are we gonna dig out history? Because Iran also wasnt an angel at some points of its history.
1979 was also a year of Kurdish rebellion but not in Turkey though.

You said old habit die hard so i wanna know which are those that still exist, are we gonna dig out history? Because Iran also wasnt an angel at some points of its history.

My point was not talking history either, but you asked for example. The whole point was that, after coming this long way in past century, Turkish authorities are reviving old memories. Yes, there was a Kurdish rebellion in Iran too (though nothing in scale of the one in Turkey) (and we also have had mistakes in the past dealing with the Kurds, we could have done much better). Banning Nowruz is only going to make things worse.

Like Turkification attempts in early days of republic, which led to thousands of deaths and much destruction?

Dersim massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turkification and Dersim ?

Tunceli Operation started because Kurdish Clans wanted to continue in the feudal system and wanted autonomy, didn't recognize government.

In July 1967 Militants stroked an military outpost, killed 33 soldiers and burned down the post. They continued to attack infrastructure and military outposts and established themselves an irregular army.

So, Turkish army went in and solved the problem.

Meh..... Shias are angels, Sunnis are evil.

Whatever you say, these guys won't accept so don't waste your breath.

My point was not talking history either, but you asked for example. The whole point was that, after coming this long way in past century, Turkish authorities are reviving old memories. Yes, there was a Kurdish rebellion in Iran too (though nothing in scale of the one in Turkey) (and we also have had mistakes in the past dealing with the Kurds, we could have done much better). Banning Nowruz is only going to make things worse.
In case you havent noticed it we have a high security risk these days in Turkey, the last thing we need is a mass gathering of pkk supporters.
The celebrations arent banned per se, only in places with high terror risk, everyone is free to celebrate it but the neccessary precautions must be taken considering the situation at the moment.

So stop making it appear as if Kurdish customs (which isnt even Kurdish only) are being banned on purpose.

Meh..... Shias are angels, Sunnis are evil.

Whatever you say, these guys won't accept so don't waste your breath.
I really dont know what Serpis problem is, from day one since pkk started to attack us he has been accusing us and even calling the first suicide attack in Ankara as ''not terrorism'' because it was against military.
Seems like has his own definition which vary depending on the situation, i wonder if he would would call an isis suicide bomber a terrorist even if he only attacked SAA.

Meh..... Shias are angels, Sunnis are evil
Erdogan's sectarian mindset has had its impact I'm afraid. This was NOT about being Sunni or Shia. This is the last thing I'd expect to hear from a Turkish citizen, but thanks to Erdogan, everything is possible now.

In case you havent noticed it we have a high security risk these days in Turkey, the last thing we need is a mass gathering of pkk supporters.
The celebrations arent banned per se, only in places with high terror risk, everyone is free to celebrate it but the neccessary precautions must be taken considering the situation at the moment.

So stop making it appear as if Kurdish customs (which isnt even Kurdish only) are being banned on purpose.

My whole point is that, banning Nowruz is only going to make things worse. I don't know how you guys are taking it, but as an outsider, what I'm seeing is that Turkey is going in reverse direction in past months.

I really dont know what Serpis problem is, from day one since pkk started to attack us he has been accusing us and even calling the first suicide attack in Ankara as ''not terrorism'' because it was against military.
Seems like has his his own definition which vary depending on the situation, i wonder if he would would call an isis suicide bomber a terrorist even if he only attacked SAA.

Thanks for not stating my whole post. I said previously, a group can be called terrorists (by the exact definition), when they target civilians for political,religious purposes. An attack can be called terrorism when it involves targeting civilians for the same reason. And I said in that post (which you didn't mention here, for obvious reasons), even if it involves an attack on Iranian military. I was solely talking about the abuse of the word terrorism by the west which has also affected people's mentality all over the world.

If a group attacks Iranian military (only and only military), I can call them animals, scumbags etc, but terrorist would not be the right word in this case. The last week attack in Ankara was purely a terrorist attack, because it killed civilians, but an IED attack against a Turkish or Iranian military convoy, would not be categorized as a terrorist attack.

ISIS are terrorists because they kill civilians for their beliefs and for the sake of terrorizing, not because of attacking SAA.

Erdogan's sectarian mindset has had its impact I'm afraid. This was NOT about being Sunni or Shia. This is the last thing I'd expect to hear from a Turkish citizen, but thanks to Erdogan, everything is possible now.
Yeah he is controlling our minds, die shia dieeeeee. :rofl:

My whole point is that, banning Nowruz is only going to make things worse. I don't know how you guys are taking it, but as an outsider, what I'm seeing is that Turkey is going in reverse direction in past months.
The whole peace process with pkk was a mistake as we see it today, back then there were no suicide bombers setting off bombs in the middle of the capital, in that sense its good that we are going back to the good old days where we were hunting pkk, i hope the operations dont stop till the last rat. :tup:

Thanks for not stating my whole post. I said previously, a group can be called terrorists (by the exact definition), when they target civilians for political,religious purposes. An attack can be called terrorism when it involves targeting civilians for the same reason. And I said in that post (which you didn't mention here, for obvious reasons), even if it involves an attack on Iranian military. I was solely talking about the abuse of the word terrorism by the west which has also affected people's mentality all over the world.

If a group attacks Iranian military (only and only military), I can call them animals, scumbags etc, but terrorist would not be the right word in this case. The last week attack in Ankara was purely a terrorist attack, because it killed civilians, but an IED attack against a Turkish or Iranian military convoy, would not be categorized as a terrorist attack.

ISIS are terrorists because they kill civilians for their beliefs and for the sake of terrorizing, not because of attacking SAA.
Well then you should look up at the definition terrorism again.
Terrorism | Define Terrorism at Dictionary.com

And the casualities in Ankara bombing in february.
February 2016 Ankara bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All this a side, its your general attitude regarding this whole pkk-Turkey issue, from day one you have been accusing Turkey with starting the conflict again even thought it was pkk that made various attacks during peace process, what exactly are you expecting, that we sit on our asses and pretend that there is peace or something?

well you have banned Turkish name in iran change the Turkish names of town villages and make films and tv series to mock humiliated Turkish people and teach your fars kinsman to see/feel them selves superior to turks
Turkish authorities feel danger and threatened from a celebration that has been held for thousands of years
good point idk why Iranian authorities feel danger and threatened from name on person !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom