What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Is that an evil eye thing? Was that what you referred to when you said "nazar? I have seen a lot of that in Turkey and I think the Greeks also use it too.:)
Let me explain with an example.

I buy a car....some people related me (can be colleagues for example), gets jealous of me buying a better car then theirs although i'm younger then them. So, at the first week i made a small accident and dented the bumper of my car.

That's what we call "nazar"... can be simplified as " misfortune, caused by some other's jealousy."

To protect from Nazar we put "Nazarlık"....english translation "evil eye holder".
nazarlik.png

We put this stuff especially on cars, homes, offices, new born babies, brides, grooms. :)

Our new active protection system needs one as Haman laid his eyes on it. :(

I buy a car....some people related me (can be colleagues for example), gets jealous of me buying a better car then theirs although i'm younger then them. So, at the first week i made a small accident and dented the bumper of my car.

That's what we call "nazar"... can be simplified as " misfortune, caused by some other's jealousy."

To protect from Nazar we put "Nazarlık"....english translation "evil eye holder".
nazarlik.png

We put this stuff especially on cars, homes, offices, new born babies, brides, grooms. :)

The same around here dude, but we don't use any objects to push back. I know women that don't go to weddings because they fear evil eye (while the reality is that they are just so narcissistic!), or even don't send the pictures of their new born babies through Whats-up groups fearing evil eye . We call it (Ayen) literally meaning "eye", while (Nazar) means "vision" in Arabic.

nazarlik.png

This is what Islamists call "shirk". :lol:

This is what Islamists call "shirk". :lol:
Well....we live in a secular country...so. :meeting: :)

Really????
That might be an extreme case....becauswe when you say "wedding" to a woman, she will go even if the wedding is on the moon.

But about babies....yes. :) My friend put his babies photo on the facebook, a few days later baby got sick...coughed a lot. My friend immediately deleted all of his baby's pictures from facebook. :)

Really????

Yeap, although this type of women is rare these days. But what is still common is that a woman would get a hair loss and she would link it to attneding some wedding 1-2 months ago.

Iran's 'unofficial' national anthem, Ey Iran. I just love it. By Gholamhosein Banan and Ruhollah Khaleqi, first recorded in 1944.

Original version

Remix by Farhad

By Darya Dadvar

By prominent Iranian actors, actresses and artists

Also performed by Azerbaijan's National Orchestra few years ago:

What is your take on the enghelab of 1979? Most likely you are against it, but if you are willing to share a thought then please do.
I was not there to witness the Shah's era, let alone support or oppose it. So i do not care for a return to a past that i did not belong to and dont believe in monarchy anyway. I accept the Islamic Republic as the reality of Iran today although i believe that much reform from within Iran is needed. I was sympathetic to the Khatami government and also i was sympathetic to the Green Movement initially.

Anyway i am ultimately a backer of the general Iranian society and nation rather than any political faction or ideology. I dont care for governments anywhere in the World i just accept them as a necessary evil.

Iran's 'unofficial' national anthem, Ey Iran. I just love it. By Gholamhosein Banan and Ruhollah Khaleqi, first recorded in 1944.

Original version

Remix by Farhad

By Darya Dadvar

By prominent Iranian actors, actresses and artists

Also performed by Azerbaijan's National Orchestra few years ago:

I also always liked Salar Aghili's cover of vatanam.

Yeap, although this type of women is rare these days. But what is still common is that a woman would get a hair loss and she would link it to attneding some wedding 1-2 months ago.
We call it in Iran "cheshm zadan/khordan" or "nazar". I believe to cheshm khordan an have experienced it many times in my life. However this thing is not that severe to make one to not go to a party. The best way to prevent cheshm khordan is reading the four Suras of Quran that begins with "قل" .

Also "burning seeds of espand" prevent cheshm khordan.

Is there any religious evidence to prove that burning the seeds of Esfand is useful for warding off the evil eye? - Questions Archive - IslamQuest is a reference for Islamic questions on the internet

هل هناک سند دینی لإحراق الحرمل من أجل الوقایة من الحسد؟ - مخزن الأسئلة - موقع اسلام كوئست مرجعا إسلامية للإجابة عن الأسئلة في الفضاء الافتراضي

That might be an extreme case....becauswe when you say "wedding" to a woman, she will go even if the wedding is on the moon.

But about babies....yes. :) My friend put his babies photo on the facebook, a few days later baby got sick...coughed a lot. My friend immediately deleted all of his baby's pictures from facebook. :)
Many people in Iran believe to it. I myself believe to it. But such things like eye devil which people beilive can prevent nazar and you have put it's picture in your previous comment are superstitions.

We call it in Iran "cheshm zadan/khordan" or "nazar". I believe to cheshm khordan an have experienced it many times in my life. However this thing is not that severe to make one to not go to a party. The best way to prevent cheshm khordan is reading the four Suras of Quran that begins with "قل" .

Also "burning seeds of espand" prevent cheshm khordan.

Is there any religious evidence to prove that burning the seeds of Esfand is useful for warding off the evil eye? - Questions Archive - IslamQuest is a reference for Islamic questions on the internet

هل هناک سند دینی لإحراق الحرمل من أجل الوقایة من الحسد؟ - مخزن الأسئلة - موقع اسلام كوئست مرجعا إسلامية للإجابة عن الأسئلة في الفضاء الافتراضي

Many people in Iran believe to it. I myself believe to it. But such things like eye devil which people beilive can prevent nazar and you have put it's picture in your previous comment are superstitions.
I know it's superstion but i still believe it to a degree.

poor photos . I wonder who your friend want to blame if the baby get sick again .

@Sinan @Full Moon
Same here . We call it " Nazar " and also " cheshm zakhm " ( eye attack :lol: )
I have seen that " Nazarlik " ( sang e cheshm zakhm ) in taxis .But a more common countermeasure from an eye attack is salt . Some people here pour salt on the infamous guy (Hasood ) :enjoy: .
Whatever , do you guys believe in it ? Sure it was mentioned in Qoran too .
Your avatar though. :D

Back
Top Bottom