What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

NCKU has breakthrough on magnesium batteries - Taipei Times
Taiwan’s NCKU Research Team Developed Next-Generation Magnesium Batteries | EnergyTrend
Research Team in Taiwan Develops Next-Gen Magnesium Battery | Green Energy News
The story of the invention that could revolutionize batteries—and maybe American manufacturing as well - Quartz

There are literally tens if not hundreds of new inventions capable of changing the life of human being been developed in last couple of decades where they were either suppressed or ignored by either economic or political reasons... They are mostly oppressed by super huge entities who make money and power through a tech which will be threatened to diminish if new inventions are taken seriously....

It is naive to think that a new tech comes up invented and it is against the profits of multi-national companies and they just sit there watch their trillions of dollars to fade away!

Those are ongoing research. They are not yet marketable devices. It is different when you take a car to market which has a range of 5000 kilometers per charge. When you do that, no "energy consortium" and no "cartel" can compete with you.

All technologies start like that.

There was this medical doctor by the name of Dr John Ellis in 19th century. He started out by believing that there is some curative properties in crude oil, which at the time had very few uses such as being used as fuel in oil lamps. Actually the crude oil was seen as a useless commodity. These were the days of coal and the steam trains running on coal.

After much experimentation Dr Ellis found no curative property in crude oil, but he discovered that with distilling and fractioning crude oil, viscous lubricants can be drawn from it. At that time the components of steam engines used to be lubricated by animal and vegetable fats, in a manual process with engineers at every few kilometers stopping the trains, and lubricating the moving parts by applying these biological fats.

Dr Ellis, found a use of these crude oil drawn lubricants in steam engines, he set up a company and called it Valvoline (in reference to the process of lubricating valves of steam engines). This is how the crude oil refinery business and "energy consortium" started up. With oil refinery a big global business and oil an important global commodity.

Bring something better to the market and the old ones will be out. Just talking and wishing won't do it.

@WebMaster

Juts to let you know, I have just received a negative rating from the Think Tank @Daneshmand after I criticized his style of answering stuff that he has no enough information about. The negative rating might be well justified, but wanted to let you know if you think that a Think Tank shouldn't use nagative rating for personal revenge.

Peace.

You are a troll, intruding on a scholarly discussion. You called upon @WebMaster and he shall decide now.

Last edited:
it has to be economically profitable
exactly..it is all about profit...

"It is naive to think that a new tech comes up invented and it is against the profits of multi-national companies and they just sit there watch their trillions of dollars to fade away!"

Source: Iranian Chill Thread | Page 1761

Just google this and there's a whole history of real examples and hundreds of lawsuits regarding them:

"suppressed inventions that could change our life"

@WebMaster

Juts to let you know, I have just received a negative rating from the Think Tank @Daneshmand after I criticized his style of answering stuff that he has no enough information about. The negative rating might be well justified, but wanted to let you know if you think that a Think Tank shouldn't use nagative rating for personal revenge.

Peace.

You were asking for it bro

Those are ongoing research. They are not yet marketable devices. It is different when you take a car to market which has a range of 5000 kilometers per charge. When you do that, no "energy consortium" and no "cartel" can compete with you.

All technologies start like that.

There was this medical doctor by the name of Dr John Ellis in 19th century. He started out by believing that there is some curative properties in crude oil, which at the time had very few uses such as being used as fuel in oil lamps. Actually the crude oil was seen as a useless commodity. These were the days of coal and the steam trains running on coal.

After much experimentation Dr Ellis found no curative property in crude oil, but he discovered that with distilling and fractioning crude oil, viscous lubricants can be drawn from it. At that time the components of steam engines used to be lubricated by animal and vegetable fats, in a manual process with engineers at every few kilometers stopping the trains, and lubricating the moving parts by applying these biological fats.

Dr Ellis, found a use of these crude oil drawn lubricants in steam engines, he set up a company and called it Valvoline (in reference to the process of lubricating valves of steam engines). This is how the crude oil refinery business and "energy consortium" started up. With oil refinery a big global business and oil an important global commodity.

Bring something better to the market and the old ones will be out. Just talking and wishing won't do it.

You are a troll, intruding on a scholarly discussion. You called upon @WebMaster and he shall decide now.

The point is that you shouldn't use the forum's privileges for your own personal gain and revenge.

CC: @WebMaster

Ok. Now stop crying. I remove your negative rating, just this once, because two very dear friends of mine here just said so.

I don't care about the negative rating itself as I got too many already. You may put it back if you want. My only objection was the context that it was given in.

@Daneshmand , @scythian500 well a battery can be powerful , but if you only can recharge it 2-3 time then it's not a marketable solution, a battery can be charged 1000th of time but when there is danger of explosion and fire then its not a marketable product and still need works to be done on it.
after all oil cartel can spend money to stop it's use in cars , but what about Laptops , phones , smart watches ....
can they stop the use of such battery as you mentioned if they were feasible economically to produce for such devices ?

Do you know what dinosaurs preferred to eat for breakfast? Stop pretending that you know everything.

You got a negative rating for this post...and in the chill thread. :lol:

Mate, unfortunately there are some TTs in PDF like this....see my 3 negative ratings. given by the same Chinese TT less then 5 minutes. Then i got banned from the Chinese section for forever. And 1 day later got banned for 3 months.

All because i argued with Chinese on the Uyghur issue.

The fairness of this forum is related with the member number and post traffic of the section.

In that context
Chinese > Turks = Iranians > Arabs.

Especially don't expect any fairness from the Webby.

You got a negative rating for this post...and in the chill thread. :lol:

Mate, unfortunately there are some TTs in PDF like this....see my 3 negative ratings. given by the same Chinese TT less then 5 minutes. Then i got banned from the Chinese section for forever. And 1 day later got banned for 3 months.

All because i argued with Chinese on the Uyghur issue.

The fairness of this forum is related with the member number and post traffic of the section.

In that context
Chinese > Turks = Iranians > Arabs.

Especially don't expect any fairness from the Webby.
By that context you should have been perm banned from this section 2 years ago

Yet youre here . And funnier thing is that me , who has 20 posts in Turkish section is banned from there by your super awesome moderator.

Get a life

You don't see me bitchin about that do u ?

And btw , weren't you supposed to have a forum of your own or sth ?

Yet youre here . And funnier thing is that me , who has 20 posts in Turkish section is banned from there by your super awesome moderator.

Get a life

Haman is in fighting spirit. :lol:

You got banned from Turkish section or just the Turkish chill thread??? Hakan or Cabatlı banned you ?

Oh, just noticed that now you are on +10 vs -10 negative ratings ??? Seems like your TT has free positive ratings day for Iranian members. :lol:

144040_459.jpg
What is that? :blink:

Get a life

I've only 5 posts in Turkish section but @Hakan has banned me in Turkish section !!!!!!! :o:

I've 3 negative ratings and cabalti53 gave me 2 negative ratings in one minute in Iranian section just because I said stop trolling !

This forum is idiotic!

The workless parasite @Sinan needs to get section banned or he can't stop himself of being an internet vermin troller.

کدام اظهارات هاشمی سناریوی صهیونیست‌ها را تکمیل کرد؟

حالا اگر احمدی نژاد این حرفها رو زده بود که الان خیلیا میگفتن تحریما به خاطر این حرفاست
ولی خوب هر چی که پدرخوانده میگه به نفع منافع ملی ایرانه!
Indeed it was a stupid interview! But there was something and he is not lying! We all know that there was an intention and no one can deny it. He just stated the truth. No body goes after a civilian usage of Nuclear infrastructure spending so much and enduring so much unless he wants the bomb! ... we might be suggesting he ought to lie or say nothing but we can not deny the fact anymore or at least the world won't believe it anyway!

@Daneshmand , @scythian500 well a battery can be powerful , but if you only can recharge it 2-3 time then it's not a marketable solution, a battery can be charged 1000th of time but when there is danger of explosion and fire then its not a marketable product and still need works to be done on it.
after all oil cartel can spend money to stop it's use in cars , but what about Laptops , phones , smart watches ....
can they stop the use of such battery as you mentioned if they were feasible economically to produce for such devices ?

Initial research shows the lithium air batteries can be charged over 2000 times without losing much performance. With development of electrodes using novel materials like graphene, the problems you raise will be addressed and many of them have already been addressed to a large extent.

Oil cartels came to an end in 1970's. They do not exist anymore. The so called Seven Sisters are no more and they have been replaced by governments and free markets. With sand oil and shale oil, things are going to be even more difficult ahead for traditional oil industry. Once a marketable technology is developed, the oil will go the same way the "coal cartel" went or the case of "animal fat and vegetable fat cartel" I mentioned above which disappeared when Valvoline brought in an alternative.

You see most people drive about 2000 kilometers on average each month. With a lithium air battery at half its theoretical limit, a car would have over 5000 kilometer range, and would need to be charged for couple of hours once every two or three months. There is no oil change, no transmission maintenance, no radiator coolant, and the electric motors are sealed and are over 95% efficient with a practical life expectancy of a century. Such a car, while being mechanically simple, with upgradable software would have too many advantages over traditional cars. There is no way, oil based cars can compete with it. Even if the "cartels" existed.

As for small gadgets, no doubt there will be improvement. After all even today Tesla is using laptop batteries. So any improvement in battery technology would have a much larger market beyond the cars. There is even work going on to develop mammoth batteries to store grid electricity. Technology has the historical habit of moving between different applications.

As science and technology progresses, the world will change in tandem to them. Not other way around.

Back
Top Bottom