What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Wow, didn't know that you belong to the old timer Iranians in Dubai. I spent part of my childhood in the Eastern part of Saudi Arabia. There were 3 families in our neighborhood who had some Persian blood in them. One famaily had the last name كوهجي which is obviously Persian. They were all Sunnis though, but lived and acted like anyone one of us. It was pretty much the last name that made them different, although most people acknowledge their remote association with Persians.

I grew up in the old Dubai before all the glitter and it being trendy. Back then, people didn't group themselves in their own little community, because there were the population was so small. The Iranians would speak Arabic, the Emiratis would speak Urdu, the Pakistanis would speak Farsi. It was only the British living in Jumeirah that seemed to have separated themselves from the community.

If you notice from my posts, I rarely insult Arabs as people. And frankly, I also hate when 300 millions of Arab are categorized as one group. When I was growing up, there seemed nothing in common with the Emiratis and say, the Lebanese. I suppose they looked at us in the same way too. We were the "khodmoonis" or "achomee", they treated us differently than newly arrived Iranians from Tehran.

I grew up in the old Dubai before all the glitter and it being trendy. Back then, people didn't group themselves in their own little community, because there were the population was so small. The Iranians would speak Arabic, the Emiratis would speak Urdu, the Pakistanis would speak Farsi. It was only the British living in Jumeirah that seemed to have separated themselves from the community.

If you notice from my posts, I rarely insult Arabs as people. And frankly, I also hate when 300 millions of Arab are categorized as one group. When I was growing up, there seemed nothing in common with the Emiratis and say, the Lebanese. I suppose they looked at us in the same way too. We were the "khodmoonis" or "achomee", they treated us differently than newly arrived Iranians from Tehran.

Was your family's immigration mainly for business reasons or did it have to do with "Kashfe-Hijab" that Shah Reza ordered? I have read that many of the very early Persian immigrants in Dubai fled Iran as a reaction of "Kashfe-Hijab".

Last edited:
Was your family's immigration mainly for business reasons or did it have to do with "Kashfe- Hijab" that Shah Reza ordered? I have read that many of the very early Persian immigrants in Dubai fled Iran as a reaction of "Kashfe-Hijab".

Money. Our community are traditionally merchants. They go where there are opportunities for making lots of money.

@Serpentine and @Madali , I noticed you two have very good and fluent English which made me interested to know the secret .

What have you done to reach such good level , Any advice is appreciated .

Thanks bro, but actually your English is good too, I haven't noticed any problems with your English.

No secret actually. My English is not that great, I haven't attended any English learning classes or institutes (except 2 or 3 semesters and also English courses in school that you know how bad they sucked :D), all I know is through self study. I read a lot of books, watched many movies and series, read too much news in English and played many video games. All of them were my teachers.

Tey tuuk ingilish clas from me, my ingilish is perfekt, only 100$ peer hour.

Wow, how the hell did you reach that level of English? I am speechless.:cry: Please teach me.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Money. Our community are traditionally merchants. They go where there are opportunities for making lots of money.

You are from Fars province, right? They are super cool people, Shirazis are my favorite. :D We are geographically close though in birthplaces. I was born in Bushehr, though my parents are from Khuzestan (Abadan), but living in Tehran currently.

@rahi2357 is a self-explanatory role model here. You too are a very cool person, I really like you bro (in a non-homo way).

Thanks bro, but actually your English is good too, I haven't noticed any problems with your English.

No secret actually. My English is not that great, I haven't attended any English learning classes or institutes (except 2 or 3 semesters and also English courses in school that you know how bad they sucked :D), all I know is through self study. I read a lot of books, watched many movies and series, read too much news in English and played many video games. All of them were my teachers.

Wow, how the hell did you reach that level of English? I am speechless.:cry: Please teach me.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

You are from Fars province, right? They are super cool people, Shirazis are my favorite. :D We are geographically close though in birthplaces. I was born in Bushehr, though my parents are from Khuzestan (Abadan), but living in Tehran currently.

@rahi2357 is a self-explanatory role model here. You too are a very cool person, I really like you bro (in a non-homo way).

Are you ethnically Persian? I guess you are, but if your family has been in Abbadan for long time (several decades or centuries), then you might not be the Persian you think you are as Abbadan was a crossing point throughout Iran's history. Of course that doesn't matter because all ethnicities are equal in Iran today and yesterday.

Are you ethnically Persian? I guess you are, but if your family has been in Abbadan for long time (several decades or centuries), then you might not be the Persian you think you are as Abbadan was a crossing point throughout Iran's history. Of course that doesn't matter because all ethnicities are equal in Iran today and yesterday.

As far as I know, yes. My mother's ancient roots goes back to Lurestan though, and my father's to Khuzestan, but not even one single Arab exists in our entire family, neither now nor any previous generations that I know about.

I don't really care about this stuff though, or what kind of 'gene' running in my blood now, be it Persian, Arab, Martian or Spanish. We are defined by language, culture and environment we are born and raised in, not our blood. there is no single difference between an Arab, a Persian, a Turk or a European in essence. Don't ever take my animosity towards GCC regimes as an indication to hostility against Arabs.

I have lived most of my childhood in Bushehr and Ahwaz, and some of my childhood friends (in Ahwaz) were ethnic Arabs. No one gave a shit about this stuff. Though, one thing you should know about Khuzestan province, it's a mixed ethnic region, some regions are Persian/non-Arab majority, some are Arab majority. Also, a great number of Arabs living in Khuzestan today came here in the period of past 100 years, and thousands expelled by Saddam to Iran. They are Iranian today though, there is absolutely no difference. I love Iranian Arabs as they are very hospitable and welcoming people, actually all southern regions of Iran are famous for having 'warm-blooded' people, Arab or non-Arab.

Madali, I've been meaning to open a thread about the Bastak region and their emigration to littoral states across the pond. Is that where you're from originally? Talking about 'khodemooni' here's a beautiful singer, singing dokhtar-e gol forush:

Who gives a shyte if someone is a turk , persian , slovak or arab ? huh ? only in your lizardland such things matter .

name one more country whose members talk about ethnicity more than SaboodiZ ? you , alhasani , alarabi , all of you have F-ed up 4 BCE mentalities . just look at your terrorist *** posts ! all you talk about all night day is other people's ethnicities .

the whole ME is consumed in a stupid sectarian mentality , but you guys are racists too above that which has turned people from lizardland into zombies .

you won't like what i said cause it's damn truth . now let your grand mufti condemn the "infidel dog" that i've turned into , to eternity in hell :lol:

Who gives a shyte if someone is a turk , persian , slovak or arab ? huh ? only in your lizardland such things matter .

name one more country whose members talk about ethnicity more than SaboodiZ ? you , alhasani , alarabi , all of you have F-ed up 4 BCE mentalities . just look at your terrorist *** posts ! all you talk about all night day is other people's ethnicities .

the whole ME is consumed in a stupid sectarian mentality , but you guys are racists too above that which has turned people from lizardland into zombies .

you won't like what i said cause it's damn truth . now let your grand mufti condemn the "infidel dog" that i've turned into , to eternity in hell :lol:

Seriously @haman10, grow up. :D

hehehe .

you just quoted me , you don't have to mention me too , smarty .

scientists say the universe is made up of neutrons, protons and electrons. they forgot to mention morons.

Basiji kid :haha:.

Back
Top Bottom