What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Good article on operational options of US part of its "Third Offset Strategy" to defeat the defenses of Iran, China and Russia. The plan would be of employing "Small, Smart and Many" munitions in a "tunneling attack" causing the local collapse of AD systems: Defense in Depth » Understanding the Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Precision Strike

I think your 54+ points are well deserved . i really adore people who know what they are talking about .

of course that doesn't mean i agree with your post above . to think that being a colony of brits had overall positive effects on pakistan is merely ridiculous .

they were there to secure their own interests and steal your resources , not to improve your military and infrastructure . the fact that those "legacies" of brits as you call them has positively effected pakistan has to do with the fact that they were good at what they were doing . if they built rails for example , it was for easier transport of their troops , not for prosperity of the people .

all of them are unintentional and taking everything into account , being a brit colony has brought nothing but misery for the target nations .

being a colony of any nation has the same effects .

Here is a good article on the subject you are talking about: Viewpoint: Britain must pay reparations to India - BBC News

Note that Indian subcontinent was systematically de-industrialized so that Britain could carry on "looting" the subcontinent.

The Indian subcontinent's share of world's GDP decreased from 23% before colonization to less than 4% by the time British left India.

But @Atanz made a unique point which I think is amazing. He said, if the British had not come to subcontinent, in all probability India would have been "balkanized". Now I am not an expert in historical alternative realities but this was certainly possible. Exactly such a fate happened to Ottomans. So Mughuls were certainly at risk. They had become stagnant and weak. There was no cohesive political movement of democratic or otherwise dispositon in Indian subcontinent which could function as a glue so, the balkanization was certainly possible. But you never know, since before the British came to subcontinent the Indian culture was very inclusive regardless of its other shortcomings. So it is not inconceivable to think that India would have emerged a very powerful and unified country had it not been colonized.

But such an India would have definitely and completely overshadowed Iran with its nearly 1.5 billion population and its enormous size, being a direct neighbor of Iran. So regardless, as @Atanz said there are some positive effects.

Kurds should find thier way to greatness and catch up witht the rest of the World in having their own independant state.
There are hundreds of different ethnic groups living as a constant part of a united nation, many of them in West. USA is a mosaique, Russia, China, India, Iran all are in some way all nations formed by unification of various ethnic or linguistic groups. Kurds similarity with Iranians as a whole and Persians in particular is so greater than bavarians to Monchen or Kiel Germans...

MODERNITY in 2015 says small groups to UNITE and form a bigger NATION... So it is a false argument to suggest it is a modern thing to separate and form smaller groups instead of getting together and form a united and more stronger entity.

In today's world, small nations has no advantages with regard to the so called "Survivability Factor"...

Encouraging the separation among united nations under childish and stone age excuses of Language or Ethnicity is nothing but an evil act of "make your potential enemies smaller".

It is also modern to call Texan or Mexican or basque or Belgium minorities or Finland ones or Catalans or scotch to separate as soon as they can..!!

The world sees the need to unite to stay strong.. to be able to guarantee their future plans... to be able to withhold against possible Hitlers or Bushes or Putins... EU is the most modern unification... If independence and separation is a virtue it must be DONE in Europe and North America first and before any other nation...

Somebody encourages Independence and Separation here that his beloved Westerners already drawn MAPS with a Saudi Arabia teared apart in 3 pieces!!

There are hundreds of different ethnic groups living as a constant part of a united nation, many of them in West. USA is a mosaique, Russia, China, India, Iran all are in some way all nations formed by unification of various ethnic or linguistic groups. Kurds similarity with Iranians as a whole and Persians in particular is so greater than bavarians to Monchen or Kiel Germans...

MODERNITY in 2015 says small groups to UNITE and form a bigger NATION... So it is a false argument to suggest it is a modern thing to separate and form smaller groups instead of getting together and form a united and more stronger entity.

In today's world, small nations has no advantages with regard to the so called "Survivability Factor"...

Encouraging the separation among united nations under childish and stone age excuses of Language or Ethnicity is nothing but an evil act of "make your potential enemies smaller".

It is also modern to call Texan or Mexican or basque or Belgium minorities or Finland ones or Catalans or scotch to separate as soon as they can..!!

The world sees the need to unite to stay strong.. to be able to guarantee their future plans... to be able to withhold against possible Hitlers or Bushes or Putins... EU is the most modern unification... If independence and separation is a virtue it must be DONE in Europe and North America first and before any other nation...

Somebody encourages Independence and Separation here that his beloved Westerners already drawn MAPS with a Saudi Arabia teared apart in 3 pieces!!

The Kurdish state is coming sooner or later. You can keep the Shia Kurds like @haman10 in Iran as they will perhaps prefer to. I don't know how sooner or how later. It could be 20 years or 40 years from now. What I know is that the Kurdish state will surly be something real. People debated the independence of Southern Sudan for decades. Today we see it as something normal if not something healthy as it stopped more than 40 years of civil war (with nearly 2 million victims).

Last edited:
The Kurdish state is coming sooner or later. You can keep the Shia Kurds like @haman10 in Iran as they will perhaps prefer to. I don't know how sooner or how later. It could be 20 years or 40 years from now. What I know is that the Kurdish state will surly be something real. People debated the independence of Southern Sudan for decades. Today we see it as something normal if not something healthy as it stopped more than 40 years of civil war (with nearly 2 million victims).
i don't think so . What i see coming in the next 4 decades is the shia state within Saudia. Also an independent Bahraini state

You have little idea of how kurds live in iran and how they perceive their identity

But i know enough about Bahrain and shia Muslims in saudia

You're only way of preventing that from happening is by a Hitler style massacre which will of course lead to an all out war and thus total destruction of your regime

i don't think so . What i see coming in the next 4 decades is the shia state within Saudia. Also an independent Bahraini state

You have little idea of how kurds live in iran and how they perceive their identity

But i know enough about Bahrain and shia Muslims in saudia

You're only way of preventing that from happening is by a Hitler style massacre which will of course lead to an all out war and thus total destruction of your regime

Well, you could be right. I don't think your expectation is likely but it is not impossible too.

Well, you could be right. I don't think your estimation is likely but it is not impossible too.
It is definitely more likely than the scenario that you like to get shaped.

Its just not gonna happen.

An independent Bahrain on the other hand is extremely probable to be formed . You can fool yourself but you know exactly what I'm talking about

It is definitely more likely than the scenario that you like to get shaped.

Its just not gonna happen.

An independent Bahrain on the other hand is extremely probable to be formed . You can fool yourself but you know exactly what I'm talking about

Get real man. You won't know everything with certainty. Bahrain is already an independent nation. If you mean a Shia rule in Bahrain then yes, this is more likely than a Kurdish state inside Iran. But if you mean two states within Bahrain itself one Sunni and one Shia, then I don't think so. Bahrain is too tiny to take that.

Iran was ruled by foreigners for centuries upon centuries. By Greeks, Arabs, Mongols and Turks to mention a few.

Many nations have been conquered in the past, this is something most nations go through, Iran was conquered but it also conquered many nations back. This is something your wahabi history books forget to mention. Your desert/country was not conquered simply because nations were not interested in conquering some barren desert with nothing except lizards and camels.

However what is important to note is that your country today, was created by the British :lol:
This is something you should not forget. Alot of these regional nations like Saudi Arabia, UAE etc are all British creations. Iran is the only nation in the region whose actually a country with proper ancient history which is connected to the mind and culture of its people thousands of years later, and of course Iran was not created by some Britons whom felt like drawing random borders on the map . You live in a desert, run by a gang whom have named the nation after themselves and that same desert was created as a 'state' initially by the British. But as I said, you are not alone in this so don't feel too bad.

Last edited:
All in all , mobile networks in Iran are just ridiculous and embarrassing for a country like Iran . i live in kermanshah , one of the "kalan shahr's" of Iran and i live in it's best neighborhood , yet i've got no signal from my MTN simcard unless i put my phone near the windows .

my RighTel sim card is almost the same with the exception that i get one bar inside the house as well .

my dad has Irancell and his phone gets better signals , yet the internet speed is SHIITTY .

the only way you can have good internet speed in my city is by being a customer of HIWEB , a high-speed ISP .

thats it .

All in all , mobile networks in Iran are just ridiculous and embarrassing for a country like Iran . i live in kermanshah , one of the "kalan shahr's" of Iran and i live in it's best neighborhood , yet i've got no signal from my MTN simcard unless i put my phone near the windows .

my RighTel sim card is almost the same with the exception that i get one bar inside the house as well .

my dad has Irancell and his phone gets better signals , yet the internet speed is SHIITTY .

the only way you can have good internet speed in my city is by being a customer of HIWEB , a high-speed ISP .

thats it .
Ignore the fact that it's me asking you the question and answer honestly please. Why do you think that's the case? Personally I think the reason is obvious: censorship. By reducing funding for the telecom industry and blocking investment in the industry or blocking the right investments, you can reduce speeds and access. Without high speed internet access, censorship is maximized.

Back
Top Bottom