What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Does anyone here work out? I used to be very active until I was 20, but for the past 6 years I haven't really done much, but I'm still in an okay shape. Very average (maybe slightly above b/c I have very low body fat). 2 weeks ago I decided I need to start going to the gym, but was kind of intimidated. Found a personal trainer and decided to see him for a month and then continue on my own. I've done 2 sessions with him and tomorrow morning is my third session with the guy. HOLY **** do I regret it lol. Every single muscle in my body hurts. Last night I couldn't even sleep properly b/c my arms hurt so much. If I keep seeing this guy I'm gonna be ripped even within the first month, but I don't think I can physically do it lol.

I was doing some shopping this afternoon and I couldn't even walk properly. My mistake was choosing a hardcore trainer. No pain no gain I guess.

Does anyone here work out? I used to be very active until I was 20, but for the past 6 years I haven't really done much, but I'm still in an okay shape. Very average (maybe slightly above b/c I have very low body fat). 2 weeks ago I decided I need to start going to the gym, but was kind of intimidated. Found a personal trainer and decided to see him for a month and then continue on my own. I've done 2 sessions with him and tomorrow morning is my third session with the guy. HOLY **** do I regret it lol. Every single muscle in my body hurts. Last night I couldn't even sleep properly b/c my arms hurt so much. If I keep seeing this guy I'm gonna be ripped even within the first month, but I don't think I can physically do it lol.

I was doing some shopping this afternoon and I couldn't even walk properly. My mistake was choosing a hardcore trainer. No pain no gain I guess.

Yeah, I do work out 2-3 times a week, which is one time in one of weekends and 1-2 times in week days depending on my research and study load.
:lol: If you start working out, your muscles would hurt at the beginning, but after 3rd or 4th sessions, you'll be completely alright. BTW, remember to have a good warm up. It would be 5 minutes but it's going to help a lot. Also, try to go to gym on afternoon(not late afternoon nor mornings). Drink a lot of water during work out. Sometimes I use No fat milk as my drink instead in my work out, which has other advantages as well.

I seriously need some sleep. See you guy tomorrow.
:sleep:

Last edited:
Yeah, I do work out 2-3 times a week, which is one time in one of weekends and 1-2 times in week days depending on my research and study load.
:lol: If you start working out, your muscles would hurt at the beginning, but after 3rd or 4th sessions, you'll be completely alright. BTW, remember to have a good warm up. It would be 5 minutes but it's going to help a lot. Also, try to go to gym on afternoon(not late afternoon nor mornings). Drink a lot of water during work out. Sometimes I use No fat milk as my drink instead in my work out, which has other advantages as well.
**** I was hoping one of you guys worked out lol. I'll be asking you a lot of questions in the coming months. For now I'm leaving everything in the hands of this trainer I'm going to. I have 10 more sessions with him (3 times a week). Right now I'm kind of skinny so I'm eating everything that's in front of me, but eventually I'm aiming for a male model physique as opposed to a manly man physique. That means really low body fat, but I won't worry about that for another 6 months.

I don't understand how people work and go to the gym. I literally can't even drive back home after I'm done with this guy. He knows I'm not working right now, maybe that's why he's pushing me like he is.

Do you use any creams/gels for muscle pain? I bought a tube of that icy hot gel and it's a god send. I used half the tube today lol. Anyway, talk to you tomorrow after boot camp. Sleep time.
ICY005_Xl.jpg

**** I was hoping one of you guys worked out lol. I'll be asking you a lot of questions in the coming months. For now I'm leaving everything in the hands of this trainer I'm going to. I have 10 more sessions with him (3 times a week). Right now I'm kind of skinny so I'm eating everything that's in front of me, but eventually I'm aiming for a male model physique as opposed to a manly man physique. That means really low body fat, but I won't worry about that for another 6 months.

I don't understand how people work and go to the gym. I literally can't even drive back home after I'm done with this guy. He knows I'm not working right now, maybe that's why he's pushing me like he is.

Do you use any creams/gels for muscle pain? I bought a tube of that icy hot gel and it's a god send. I used half the tube today lol. Anyway, talk to you tomorrow after boot camp. Sleep time.
ICY005_Xl.jpg

Justin Beiber 6 pack abs with skinny arms look. :lol:

This nigga.

Check this channel out. Sculpting your body is mostly about dieting. Strength training is different.

My personal advice: Take boxing lessons at a boxing gym. Same results without having to pay a personal trainer.

Let me know about your fields of interest(Novel? History, Physics, Sociology, Philosophy, ...) then I can do my best in giving you a good list of interesting books ;) As you may know, I am literally a book worm and suggesting books is really one of my interests as well :)

:lol: I don't know why Iranians are always literally fleeing from going to gym :lol: I guess Iranians average weight is going up like a rocket in near future :lol: Anyway, you can start reading books from now, instead.
yeah i love good novels, sociology and history books

I would appreciate it if you introduce your best ones that you have read till now

Tnx

@Daneshmand you too please

Justin Beiber 6 pack abs with skinny arms look. :lol:

This nigga.

Check this channel out. Sculpting your body is mostly about dieting. Strength training is different.

My personal advice: Take boxing lessons at a boxing gym. Same results without having to pay a personal trainer.
I'll look into kickboxing. My brother does it, but not consistently. That's not what I meant by a male model body. I'm aiming for a physique like the one in the picture below. Basically a swimmer's body. Very low body fat and a sexy physique. Any girl I've talked to says the body builder physique looks fucking disgusting. A lot of big guys at the gym look like fucking deformed gorillas. So yeah, essentially this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8a/1f/85/8a1f855bf6d0289fea6bbff6727e1f18.jpg

Today was my third day with the trainer. It took me 15 minutes to recover enough just so I could get in the car and drive back home. My arms are literally destroyed lol.

I'll look into kickboxing. My brother does it, but not consistently. That's not what I meant by a male model body. I'm aiming for a physique like the one in the picture below. Basically a swimmer's body. Very low body fat and a sexy physique. Any girl I've talked to says the body builder physique looks fucking disgusting. A lot of big guys at the gym look like fucking deformed gorillas. So yeah, essentially this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8a/1f/85/8a1f855bf6d0289fea6bbff6727e1f18.jpg

Today was my third day with the trainer. It took me 15 minutes to recover enough just so I could get in the car and drive back home. My arms are literally destroyed lol.
@Abii If ever you wanted to try something new, give my formula a chance,
2 sessions of full package indoor pool swimming, jacuzzi, wet and dry sauna weekly.
That way you'll start gaining weight.
And start learning and playing ping pong like a professional, you can take a coach, too.
That ping pong thing may look a little gaay, but me trying almost everything, would say that's the best mentally and physically.

I generally do not recommend books to anyone. I do not see it as a purposeful exercise. But I remembered a story about Imam Khomeini here, if you care to know. There was this learned guy an avid reader, who goes to Imam with a bunch of books and requests Imam to read them and give his opinion about the books. Imam in his sweet accent, tells him: I do not have time to read these books, if I read them I won't have time to think. :lol:

I do not discourage you from reading. But after you did, more important is to think. Without this last part, the reading is useless.

If I have to recommend anything to you professionally, is to grab a long Harrison's and study it several times. Absorbing every sentence. Contemplating every bit of it. The rest is pretty much useless compared to the ultimate power of healing. If you get what I mean, that is. Become an excellent compassionate and knowledgeable healer and nothing else would matter anymore.

If you wanted to go the extra mile, I would invite you to read about history of diseases. Much you can learn from it. Start by Leprosy. From Jesus time to the time of Joseph DeVeuster. From a healer who was also a Prophet to a priest who was also a physician. Only through the understanding of suffering, you will be able to find your nobility. God has bestowed on you a profession unlike others. Make yourself worthy of touching the sufferers.

:lol: I don't know why Iranians are always literally fleeing from going to gym :lol: I guess Iranians average weight is going up like a rocket in near future :lol: Anyway, you can start reading books from now, instead.

I used to go to the gym at least 7 times a week. Now I can hardly make it 5 6 times. Sleep deprivation kills my mood ;)

@Abii If ever you wanted to try something new, give my formula a chance,
2 sessions of full package indoor pool swimming, jacuzzi, wet and dry sauna weekly.
That way you'll start gaining weight.
And start learning and playing ping pong like a professional, you can take a coach, too.
That ping pong thing may look a little gaay, but me trying almost everything, would say that's the best mentally and physically.
Swimming, sure, but ping pong? lol I don't even know where I could find a ping pong table. I don't think I've even seen one around in probably a decade. It's not very popular here. I used to swim a lot, but I almost drowned in a lake and stopped after that. Haven't swam since. Kind of miss it actually.

This was the lake that almost got me. I was actually an okay swimmer, but not as good as my brother and uncle. Tried to follow them all the way and for some reason I got scared and started panicking. That was scary as hell. Probably drank half that lake that day.
IMG_5223_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Swimming, sure, but ping pong? lol I don't even know where I could find a ping pong table. I don't think I've even seen one around in probably a decade. It's not very popular here. I used to swim a lot, but I almost drowned in a lake and stopped after that. Haven't swam since. Kind of miss it actually.

This was the lake that almost got me. I was actually an okay swimmer, but not as good as my brother and uncle. Tried to follow them all the way and for some reason I got scared and started panicking. That was scary as hell. Probably drank half that lake that day.
IMG_5223_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Wow, what a beauty? If I should ever be drowned somewhere that's definitely the place I choose it to be. :lol:

For the ping pong thing, that's a pity man. Hoped you had the access. I have tried many sports, but that's definitely the most energetic and fun one.

Back
Top Bottom