What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Well, they LOL at you back, because they are still all in top 100, unlike you! :D But an impressive achievement, nonetheless

Ultimately, most of them will end up in the West...
yes, I guess more than 50% of Sharif University alumni's are living in USA, which proves your point.

@haman10 , @Esfand
jeddi?
baraaye konkour e riyaazi physics ke intor nist. chon ba 100 ham shoma mitouni bargh e sharif ke az hame sakht tare ghaboul beshi.

Of course, even if you are within the top 1000, you are still part of the <1% elite. Naturally, they wont turn them down - and if they did, Standford, CalTech, UCLA, ... are ready to snatch them up.

Well, they LOL at you back, because they are still all in top 100! :D

They will most likely end up in the West somewhere all of them at some point.

i loled at the university not the students :tongue:, and no in medical sciences iran is a leading country in asia , we have incoming students from asian countries , we dont have outgoing ones :eek:

i loled at the university not the students :tongue:, and no in medical sciences iran is a leading country in asia , we have incoming students from asian countries , we dont have outgoing ones :eek:

I'm sure they are the leading country, but in terms of new graduates: Most of them will try to get to the West - and many will succeed, because the standard is (at least for physics/math) higher in Iran than US

khob sharaayetet daghigh mesle khodameh :-)
albatteh test haye ketab e "zabaan farsi" ra bebini, nazaret avaz mishe kaamelan
Zaban farsi 3 ro tamum kardam.testaye vaje o takvajo ham zadam.moshkeli tush nadaram.

Man 45 ta 52 saat dar hafte dars mikhunam vali hatta age dobarabaresh konam ham nimitunam riazi o fizik ro to kunkur balaye 90 bezanam.

Haman jan:futo fano mikhunam gaj ro ham mikhunam.kollan yeki do haftast ke 7 saat dar hafte arabi mikhunam balke betunam arabi ro balaye 60 bezanam.

@haman10 , @Esfand
jeddi?
baraaye konkour e riyaazi physics ke intor nist. chon ba 100 ham shoma mitouni bargh e sharif ke az hame sakht tare ghaboul beshi.

are valla , aslan ghabooli too reshtye tajrobi (dandan , pezeshki , darou) kheyli sakhte chon har 3tashoon too kole keshvar 3-4 hezar daneshgou migaran , ama riazi ha ta 15000 engineering ghabool mishan

Ye soale mohem.

Ye botri zam zam alan chande to Iran

Well, I like the system here in Canada.

Every province has set a bar in terms of which courses you must have in order to graduate. They're pretty much the same in every province, but the minimum GPA is different. Now uinversities across the country follow the supply/demand model. I graduated in 2007 in Vancouver. In grade 10 we were told that our GPA in grade 12 will be looked at by universities and these are the grade 11 and 12 courses you need to graduate. When you apply to get into a program at any university, you must meet the cutoff mark (usually a low irrelevant GPA) and have the required courses. If exactly 100 people applied to that program and there were 100 seats, they would all get in, provided that they all met the min cutoff criteria. Now that of course never happens so the top 100 applicants get to enter the program. No SAT's or anything to worry about.

In grade 12 we all had an idea what GPA we needed to get into diff programs b/c every year universities publish the range of GPA's that they accepted from the year before. For example humanities at UBC were between the 80-90% range while all Science/math related programs required an 87+ GPA. Engineering prgrams had the highest required grades from what I remember (the cut off by the universities was around 91 I think).

Edit: but the math thing has to do with high school more than konkoor. Here, things really start getting serious in grade 12/university while in Iran high school is more important than university.

Yeah, they are trying to do the same thing in Iran.
Although this system is good for some students and universities, but it won't work for high demand programs. For example, you cannot use this system for admission to Sharif University, because they are already more than 3-4k students with GPA's close to 20 out of 20, which is larger than the annual admission capacity of Sharif University!!!

I'm sure they are the leading country, but in terms of new graduates: Most of them will try to get to the West - and many will succeed, because the standard is (at least for physics/math) higher in Iran than US

i think ur wrong , at-least in my field its not like that at all !! hell i even heard there are 2 british students studying in TUMS

are valla , aslan ghabooli too reshtye tajrobi (dandan , pezeshki , darou) kheyli sakhte chon har 3tashoon too kole keshvar 3-4 hezar daneshgou migaran , ama riazi ha ta 15000 engineering ghabool mishan

I hope you don't mind it vali khob age shoma housh e ma ha 8-) ra ba tajrobiyaa moghaayese koni, mibini ke tajrobi kheyli golaabi tar az in harfaast :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haman jan:futo fano mikhunam gaj ro ham mikhunam.kollan yeki do haftast ke 7 saat dar hafte arabi mikhunam balke betunam arabi ro balaye 60 bezanam.

kar khoobi mikoni dadash , ama havaset bashe ke darsaye dige ham moror koni yadet naran .

hichvaght az baghie darsa ghafel nashi ha , i wish u success in your konkour and life

barat doa mikonam aziz

i think ur wrong , at-least in my field its not like that at all !! hell i even heard there are 2 british students studying in TUMS

I can only speak for EE/Physics, I have 5 Iranian co-workers in my department alone, all in their mid-twenties. I don't believe my uni is special in that regard

پيش خودمون بمونه ها!كلا همه به اين اميد درس ميخونن كه بتونن تو يه كشور خارجي بورسيه بشن.من خودمم دوست دارم يه چند سالي تو سيدني زندگي كنم

I hope you don't mind it vali khob age shoma housh e ma ha 8-) ra ba tajrobiyaa moghaayese koni, mibini ke tajrobi kheyli golaabi tar az in harfaast :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sure i'll mind !! :mad: its not true , u r smart but i was studying in tizhoushan of kermanshah , and trust me ;oonaee ke riazi mikhoondan az maha kheili iq paeen tari dashtan , ama hamashoon engineering ghabool shodan

ama az kelas ma az 25 nafa faghat 7 nafar pezeshki avordan !!! yeki az doostam ba rotbeye 3000 hichi nayavord!! :hitwall::hitwall:

Of course, even if you are within the top 1000, you are still part of the <1% elite. Naturally, they wont turn them down - and if they did, Standford, CalTech, UCLA, ... are ready to snatch them up.

:tup: Yes, exactly.

sure i'll mind !! :mad: its not true , u r smart but i was studying in tizhoushan of kermanshah , and trust me ;oonaee ke riazi mikhoondan az maha kheili iq paeen tari dashtan , ama hamashoon engineering ghabool shodan

ama az kelas ma az 25 nafa faghat 7 nafar pezeshki avordan !!! yeki az doostam ba rotbeye 3000 hichi nayavord!! :hitwall::hitwall:

khob, in ham housh ra miresoune dige, shoma ha ham baayad mesle ounaa miraftid mohandesi :lol::lol::lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom