What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I don't believe it can make anything better, if not worse. Majority of Iranians can already write in 'fingilish' which would not be much different from a possible Latin script for Farsi. Also, we have hundreds of years of historical records in current script and millions of books and later generations would not understand them easily. Also this scrip is very well assimilated among people and spending huge money and resources to change it doesn't make sense. What's the advantage of Tajiks to us now in this regard? Did it make anything better? Of course not. But ask a young Tajiki to read Masnavi in its original script and he/she wouldn't be able to do it.

My suggestion is that the script remains the same, but teaching of English language should be followed more aggressively. Also, there should be optional choices for students to learn one or two more languages besides English and Farsi.

Well, when they changed alphabet to latin in Turkey, the literacy rate increased with an unbelievable rate. The reason was that latin alphabet is much easier to read than Arabic alphabet. Iran also suffers from high illiteracy rate like most other countries which use arabic script. Also, I saw a research about the reading speed of Iranians, which it showed that it is slower, which not using vowels in writing, ... can be one of main reasons. Also, for non-persian speaking children, it's really difficult to learn farsi with arabic alphabet on an additional hardness level since their vocabulary is already weaker and it's harder for them to speculate what the vowels, and such not shown stuff are. A good comparison can be done by comparing to neighbor countries. while literacy rate in Azerbaijan is 99.8%, Tajikstan 99.7%, and Turkmenistan 98.8%, the literacy rates in their neighbor regions like Ardabil, Golestan, and Khurasan provinces are hardly 80%.
About books, there can be a transitional period in which people learn and use both scripts, then the used older books will be normally written with new alphabet in this period as well, and there will be no cultural gap. Also, finglish is not standardized and more importantly is not taught as the main alphabet to children.

@Abii @New @Serpentine @rest of guys
Guys, what's your opinion about changing farsi script to latin?

My opinion: Practically, İt's not going to happen during Akhoundian dynasty.
İn Reality, it's a need and can be easily done. Basically, Azeri Alphabet already has all the needed alphabets, including those more weird letters of farsi like "Ein" and it's keyboard is very easy, which is exactly the same QWERTY keyboard of english language plus a few letters overlapping with ;:"'' keys. (PS. it was suggested to do so in Iran after changing scripts in Turkic countries, but it finally did not happen)(Tajiks changed their alphabets to latin for some decades though)
:tup:
That may seem a little stereotype, but deeply I am all for the new world order, where the world is made up of a single currency, single language, single political system and a single world court of justice, but that seems more like a dream.
However, I am anxiously looking forward for the day this dream comes true.

About books, there can be a transitional period in which people learn and use both scripts, then the used older books will be normally written with new alphabet in this period as well, and there will be no cultural gap.
Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan are at this transitional phase where they are using Latin and Cyrillic together, Kazakhstan will complete the transition in 2015, Kyrgyzstan also wanted to change the script but its delayed till unknown date.

Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan allready successfully changed in Latin script without major problems, one decade shoud be enough for such a change, in Turkey it happened over night but it didnt have a such big impact due to low number of literate people back then.

Changing the script in Turkic speaking countrys was allready the plan in 20s, Azerbaijan had a latin script a couple years before Turkey for exsample but the soviet invasion changet it to cyrillic.

:tup:
That may seem a little stereotype, but deeply I am all for the new world order, where the world is made up of a single currency, single language, single political system and a single world court of justice, but that seems more like a dream.
However, I am anxiously looking forward for the day this dream comes true.
Hopefully with the start of space colonisation it might begin to happen.

Yet you keeping thanking and cozying up with the biggest borderline idiot on this forum (rmi5), who even calls for the breakup of your country. This Azerbaboon fellow and his fellow Torks with their misplaced nationalism are more pathetic than the people you listed above.
reported.

Yet you keeping thanking and cozying up with the biggest borderline idiot on this forum (rmi5), who even calls for the breakup of your country. This Azerbaboon fellow and his fellow Torks with their misplaced nationalism are more pathetic than the people you listed above.
The stateless
Like I give much about being reported on a forum full with immature fanboys. Please give me a break….
Nobody care about you my stateless rootless with no history my Kurd friend

Look whos back, we love you too. :kiss3:

The stateless

Considering the fact that the very name of Iran is about Iranic unity between the various Iranian people, any person who claims that Kurds are stateless is completely ignorant of history and the very meaning of Iran.

Nobody care about you my stateless rootless with no history my Kurd friend

On the contrary; the history of Northwestern Iranian people such as the Kurds is very rich. The Medes being part of the linguistic family of the Kurds is a testimony of this history. You as Arab on the other hand can only take pride in being part of lizard eating desert-dwellers who have been rampaging the region ever since you forefathers crawled out of their barren deserts.

Considering the fact that the very name of Iran is about Iranic unity between the various Iranian people, any person who claims that Kurds are stateless is completely ignorant of history and the very meaning of Iran.

On the contrary; the history of Northwestern Iranian people such as the Kurds is very rich. The Medes being part of the linguistic family of the Kurds is a testimony of this history. You as Arab on the other hand can only take pride in being part of lizard eating desert-dwellers who have been rampaging the region ever since you forefathers crawled out of their barren deserts.
'Kurds have no history if we collect thier history it will not even make a small book, omar miran a kurdish professor who was assassinated by kurdish terrorist because he said the truth about your history who was invented by german and Brits specially your bullshit claiming about your median empire conection

'Kurds have no history if we collect thier history it will not even make a small book, omar miran a kurdish professor who was assassinated by kurdish terrorist because he said the truth about your history who was invented by german and Brits specially your bullshit claiming about your median empire conection

The Median connection is very clear, since both Kurdish language and Median language are part of the Northwestern branch of the Iranian language. Moreover, Kurds are genetically the closest to Persians, and other Northwestern Iranian people (even to Turkified Northwestern Iranians such as the Azeris). The history of Kurds lies in this Iranian origin.

The history of your people, Arabs, on the other hand does not consist more than being former caravan thieves. Go drink some camel milk before talking history with me.

The Median connection is very clear, since both Kurdish language and Median language are part of the Northwestern branch of the Iranian language. Moreover, Kurds are genetically the closest to Persians, and other Northwestern Iranian people (even to Turkified Northwestern Iranians such as the Azeris). The history of Kurds lies in this Iranian origin.

The history of your people, Arabs, on the other hand does not consist more than being former caravan thieves. Go drink some camel milk before talking history with me.
If the Azeris like some of your mountain apes brothers claim that they are turkified tat and talysh and kurds why do you hate them???
Why you tried to massacre them after the revolution???

About stealing caravans that what the historians said about you in the 11 century and same in 17 century that the kurds are bandits

Back
Top Bottom