What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

What do Iranians see as their biggest achievement in their military industry?
Self sufficiency in producing more than 95% of our defense needs, even if their quality is not comparable to those of western countries yet. You have no idea how self sufficiency may help one in a war. We have a great deal of experience from Iran-Iraq war, when random countries refused to sell us many things, or tried to play us or blackmail us. Gone are those times now, and we took good lessons from it.

Some countries can't even produce their own guns and rifles and missiles and it may lead to a disaster in case of a war and you have actually put your fate in hands of those who sell weapons to you.

Self sufficiency in producing more than 95% of our defense needs, even if their quality is not comparable to those of western countries yet. You have no idea how self sufficiency may help one in a war. We have a great deal of experience from Iran-Iraq war, when random countries refused to sell us many things, or tried to play us or blackmail us. Gone are those times now, and we took good lessons from it.

Some countries can't even produce their own guns and rifles and missiles and it may lead to a disaster in case of a war and you have actually put your fate in hands of those who sell weapons to you.

Well, you have got a point. But more than %95 of your defense needs is way too much for an estimate. There is also an intense propaganda sponsored by the Mullahs that tries to present Iran as a rival for the 1940s Nazi Germany in arms manufacturing. Did we forget why Qaher 313 and Hamaseh were made up? Saddam did it before, and President Nasser did it before him. Millions believed them back then, and millsions had laughed the painful laugh afterwards.

The world greatest manufacturing nations cannot reach %95 of local manufacturing, even for defense manufacturing. Let alone Iran. Before anyone say it, we do NOT manufacture even %10 of our arms. But admitting that you don't is better than fooling yourself that you do.

Last edited:
Well, you have got a point. But more than %95 of your defense needs is way too much for an estimate. There is also an intense propaganda sponsored by the Mullahs that tries to present Iran as a rival for the 1940s Nazi Germany in arms manufacturing. Did we forget why Qaher 313 and Hamaseh were made up? Saddam did it before, and President Nasser did it before him. Millions believed them back then, and millsions had laughed the painful laugh afterwards.

The world greatest manufacturing nations cannot reach %95 of local manufacturing, even for defense manufacturing. Let alone Iran. Before anyone say it, we do NOT manufacture even %10 of our arms. But admitting that you don't is better than fooling yourself that you do.
You don't get it. Countries like U.S use products from other countries simply because it means better quality and spending less money. It doesn't mean that they can't make them domestically, and that's absurd.
I don't care about Hamaseh, we have many different drones and they are actually getting battle tested in Iraq and Syria and they do fly, do you have any other thing to say except mentioning Hamaseh or Qaher numerous times?

We do make the most important defense needs: Missiles, air defense systems, tanks, rifles, personnel gear, submarines, armored vehicles, rockets, air to air missiles, air to ground missiles, naval ships, choppers and many other ones. I already explained that their quality has not reached the western ones, but at least we do make the things we need, not selling our oil only to but European and American stuff, without producing even rifle bullets.

Is 95% official state number from Iran? LOL, even Turkey didn't reach 95% although we have more domestic military products than Iran.

I mean is Iran self sufficient in air, water and land platforms? As much as I know your fighter jet is not even made of metal but just wood from the inside. Also on sea and land platforms With all respect I have the question mark if you have reached 95% self sufficiency.

If you had 95% self sufficiency you wouldn't need to do an inquiry to buy Russian air defence that you didn't get btw.

You don't get it. Countries like U.S use products from other countries simply because it means better quality and spending less money. It doesn't mean that they can't make them domestically, and that's absurd.
I don't care about Hamaseh, we have many different drones and they are actually getting battle tested in Iraq and Syria and they do fly, do you have any other thing to say except mentioning Hamaseh or Qaher numerous times?

We do make the most important defense needs: Missiles, air defense systems, tanks, rifles, personnel gear, submarines, armored vehicles, rockets, air to air missiles, air to ground missiles, naval ships, choppers and many other ones. I already explained that their quality has not reached the western ones, but at least we do make the things we need, not selling our oil only to but European and American stuff, without producing even rifle bullets.

Give me a break dude. If you do all of that Sepah will not be in a need to invent Qaher and Hamaseh out of their wishful imagination. Lots of the stuff produced are being given a new paint, and a name that usually bothers some nationalists.

Is 95% official state number from Iran? LOL, even Turkey didn't reach 95% although we have more domestic military products than Iran.
I mean is Iran self sufficient in air, water and land platforms? As much as I know your fighter jet is not even made of metal but just wood from the inside. Also on sea and land platforms With all respect I have the question mark if you have reached 95% self sufficiency.
If you had 95% self sufficiency you wouldn't need to do an inquiry to buy Russian air defence that you didn't get btw.
I think you didn't learn from last time. That Qaher was a mock up, not a flying plane. Be we can make light aircrafts, like Saeqeh which is completely produced in Iran, but its design is based on F-5.
We are in a situation that we have to produce everything by ourselves, Turkey is not, so it can buy stuff from other countries. If we weren't under sanctions, we would buy them too. About that air defense System, or S-300, we began to deveop our own, and now most of the system is complete, as its missile and radar were shown few days ago.
Give me a break dude. If you do all of that Sepah will not be in a need to invent Qaher and Hamaseh out of their wishful imagination. Lots of the stuff produced are being given a new paint, and a name that usually bothers some nationalists.
Qaher was a mock up that is going through completion of production and tests, and it usually takes few years, so no, you can't say that it's a joke unless it never flies.
About Hamaseh, I don't even need to explain, because much better Iranian drones are finding terrorists in Syria and Iraq, and there are enough videos of them in youtube.

When you don't get the things that you could easily get if you weren't sanctioned, you'll have to adopt, self sufficiency doesn't necessarily mean being advanced, to put it into context: a farm could very well be self sufficient, the people in that hypothetical farm could get their waters from underground sources, provide food for their lifestock and themselves, etc.

I think you didn't learn from last time. That Qaher was a mock up, not a flying plane. Be we can make light aircrafts, like Saeqeh which is completely produced in Iran, but its design is based on F-5.
We are in a situation that we have to produce everything by ourselves, Turkey is not, so it can buy stuff from other countries. If we weren't under sanctions, we would buy them too. About that air defense System, or S-300, we began to deveop our own, and now most of the system is complete, as its missile and radar were shown few days ago.

Qaher was a mock up that is going through completion of production and tests, and it usually takes few years, so no, you can't say that it's a joke unless it never flies.
About Hamaseh, I don't even need to explain, because much better Iranian drones are finding terrorists in Syria and Iraq, and there are enough videos of them in youtube.
Do you think Qaher can take off when you find an engine and make it out of metal?

Also which airdefence can you make? Which land vehicles? Which navy is your national product?

And does that amount to 95% national product?

Last edited:
Do you think Qaher can take off when you find an engine and make it out of metal?
Why do you think it can't fly with an engine?

Also which airdefence can you make? Which land vehicles? Which navy is your national product?
Iranian Air Defence Systems
IRANIAN Air defense systems that are manufacturing in Iran
Pictures of Iranian Armed Forces

And does that amount to 95% national product?
I said 95% of what we need, not 95% of all defense products in the world. Yes we do make them, the last stage is for Qaher and other fighter programs to become operational and also,3 helicopter are already designed and produced and spent test flights, but are yet to be officially unveiled.

Why do you think it can't fly with an engine?
Are you seriously asking this question? Check the Qaher thread. A pilot can't even fit in the cockpit. The poor guy that was sitting in it hardly fitted in it. The interface of the cockpit consists out of amateurish equipment that you can just buy off the internet. You can't use that for fighter jets first of all, secondly they are from the company Garmin and that is not a Iranian company. Also air intake has problems and engine too. If you put an engine in that thing you won't even stay in the air for two seconds. Questions:
1. How are you going to open up that plane, that thing doesn't have screws on it?
2. Which engine are you going to use?
3. Do you think Garmin navigation is enough for fighter jet? The cost of it was 300 euro on ebay.
4. Do you think Qaher is aerodynamic and stealth as Iran claims?
5. Do you think it is 5th gen fighter as Iran claims although amateur flight equipment was used?
6. How can it be 95% national fighter jet when all the electric equipment is foreign?

Are you seriously asking this question? Check the Qaher thread. A pilot can't even fit in the cockpit. The poor guy that was sitting in it hardly fitted in it. The interface of the cockpit consists out of amateurish equipment that you can just buy off the internet. You can't use that for fighter jets first of all, secondly they are from the company Garmin and that is not a Iranian company. Also air intake has problems and engine too. If you put an engine in that thing you won't even stay in the air for two seconds. Questions:
1. How are you going to open up that plane, that thing doesn't have screws on it?
3. Do you think Garmin navigation is enough for fighter jet? The cost of it was 300 euro on ebay.
5. Do you think it is 5th gen fighter as Iran claims although amateur flight equipment was used?
6. How can it be 95% national fighter jet when all the electric equipment is foreign?

Do you have English comprehension problems dear or are you trolling me? Really?

I already said it, that Qaher was a mock up, and apparently it's not a 1/1 mock up, so if a final Qaher is ever going to fly, it'll definitely be bigger.

Also, I didn't say 95% of Qaher is produced in Iran, I said we can produce 95% of our defense needs.

So I won't answer your further questions because I value my time.

Do you think how many times a person should be told that it was a mock-up not a real one?

It's wooden mock-up of Canadian F-35 you can find more pictures from here as @haman10 has already posted them:
Ghaher 313 fighter

1280px-Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II_mock-up_instrument_panel.JPG

Back
Top Bottom