What's new

Iranian Army Chief makes a big offer to Afghanistan military

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iranian Army Chief makes a big offer to Afghanistan military: Report
13 May, 2018

iranian-army-chief-makes-a-big-offer-to-afghanistan-military-report-1526230625-8353.jpg

TEHRAN - Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri has reportedly offered Afghanistan Military help and support to fight against rising terror group ISIS in Afghanistan.

Hesaid said his country seeks expansion in military cooperation with Afghanistan, however exact nature of the military cooperation is still not clear that whether it would be on pattern of support to Syria and Iraq against ISIS.

READ MORE: China defy US, comes out in open defence of Iran
Gen. Baqeri reportedly informed regarding his country’s intent during a meeting with the Afghan defense minister Gen. Tariq Shah Bahrami.

“The shared backgrounds between the two countries of Iran and Afghanistan, including religion and language, have brought them together in such way that no obstacle can undermine their close relations, specially in combatting the terrorist groups,” the top Iranian General was quoted as saying by Fars News.

READ MORE: Middle East- Iran turns to allies Russia and China after nuclear deal blow from US
He also expressed the hope that the Afghan military delegation’s visit would result in more cooperation between the two countries’ armed forces.

The top Iranian General’s intent to expand military cooperation with Afghanistan comes as the country is accused of supporting the certain insurgent groups in Afghanistan.

READ MORE: Turkey to be hard hit by US sanctions against Iran: analysts
“Iran’s desire for influence in Afghanistan remains strong. Iran seeks increased influence in Afghanistan through government partnerships, bilateral trade, and cultural and religious ties,” Pentagon stated in its report regarding Afghanistan late last year.

This is Iran's rebuttal to Trump.

You break the nuclear deal, we will hurt you where we can easiest in a theater where you are weakest.

Ploy to sneak back mercenary Afghan shia who have been fighting with IRGC in Syria...these Afghans will then work for expanding Persian empire in Afghanistan..turning it into another Syria..even Iran biggest ally Russia does not approve of Iranian intervention in Syria and allowed Israel to contact targeted strikes against Iranian position..

You break the nuclear deal, we will hurt you where we can easiest in a theater where you are weakest.

Fighters being evacuated from Syria to undisclosed location...most likely they will be used against Iran..and Iran is making pre-emtive strike..These fighters have no where to go..except gallows..or fighting CIA covert wars..

Sir, how come? AFAIK ANA and co are the pro-Iranian elements within Afghanistan and I don't think so that they would do anything remotely to disturb the Americans; let alone hurt them. Am I missing something?

IIRC the Iranians often violated Afghanistan's 'sovereignty' whenever they needed to and generally don't pay much attention to this joke of a 'country'. Pakistan is much more valuable to them. We'll have extremely important, regionally-crucial military, economics and religious ties to them and together we can maybe bring order to Afghanistan. Although this Bagheri fellow would do well to remember that helping the Afghans against Daesh is hopeless.

I think Iran should better focus on Syria rather than Afghanistan.

Keep mocking me for saying ISKP is an ISI creation.

Iran says Iran-Pak border has become hotbed for Saudi trained terrorists.
Iranian official nabbed in Pakistan.
Iran offers Afghan help against ISKP.

Story continues.

Or how about we keep calling you a moron? Pakistan creates a terror group that decides purely to attack Pakistan while giving it 0 strategic gains in any way whatsoever. Why don't you Indians ever educate yourselves? I don't think I've seen a country so deeply brainwashed (and don't deny it, one look at the tone, the presentation style etc of your news channels leaves one shocked at the dogma and bias).

ISIS in Afghanistan was literally welcomed by the pathetic, failing goons that constitute the Afghan central government. They thought them fighting the Afghan Taliban and attacking Pakistan would be good for them.

I don't think our news channels know what ISKP is. I've no interest in them.

They've provided Pakistan what Taliban couldn't ten fold more effective. The weak sections of Taliban will be eradicated and replaced by IS. For every Talib they kill, they'll kill 10 Afghan soldiers and 20 civilians.

The misinformation that ISKP can't serve Pak comes from the assumption that all of Afghan Taliban is pro-Pakistan and that there's some sort of brotherhood. Even they complain that ISKP is planted by Pakistan and America and that Punjabi is often heard amongst their ranks.

Indeed, you cannot avoid TTP like sects from ISKP that calls Pak Army infidels. It's part and parcel of the game.

Back
Top Bottom