What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iran's S-300PMU2s are essentially a step-down from the S-400 itself if I'm not mistaken. This AD system is one of the best versions of the S-300 you could hope to have, but your comments on Russia do hold some weight as far as I'm concerned. Albeit the Russians have their own geopolitical reasons for providing and not providing certain systems to countries, what they did to Iran concerning the original S-300 deal was a very treacherous thing to do. Undoubtedly this has left a bad taste in many peoples mouths but we should learn how to move past it but still be cautious of any future dealings.

Idk what to say about China, it seems that any 'deal' regarding the upgrading of Iran's Air-Force/general military by foreign nations will encounter severe problems ranging from budget, politics, integration, implementation, sanctions etc... We can only hope that Iran can find a way to work with the Russians and Chinese on this issue.

Iran has the world's only version of the S-300PMU3. it can't be an S-300PMU2 because it contains parts of the S400 and even S-350 Vityaz. It's an S-300 IR

Iran has the world's only version of the S-300PMU3. it can't be an S-300PMU2 because it contains parts of the S400 and even S-350 Vityaz. It's an S-300 IR
Who said that? Any article or source i can see?

Greetings to all.

I have always been puzzled by the size of the sayyad 4 missile and the bavar launch canister. In all the test footage, we see a missile whose cone sticks out of the top of the canister and seems to be sealed in place as fragments appear to break away in the slow motion footage of the missile launch. This might be the case for all sayyad 4 and bavar TEL canisters, or the missiles whose radomes stick out might be a yet unveiled higher altitude longer range range for the higher tier of the bavar family. My main concern is how safe are the missiles radomes and is there any stress on them when sticking out like that or will the final versions fit tightly all the way into their respective canisters and what is seen in the footage are still testing variants.

Greetings to all.

I have always been puzzled by the size of the sayyad 4 missile and the bavar launch canister. In all the test footage, we see a missile whose cone sticks out of the top of the canister and seems to be sealed in place as fragments appear to break away in the slow motion footage of the missile launch. This might be the case for all sayyad 4 and bavar TEL canisters, or the missiles whose radomes stick out might be a yet unveiled higher altitude longer range range for the higher tier of the bavar family. My main concern is how safe are the missiles radomes and is there any stress on them when sticking out like that or will the final versions fit tightly all the way into their respective canisters and what is seen in the footage are still testing variants.
This exact same sort of thing has been seen before during the testing of the sayyad 2 missile for what would ultimately become the 15th of khordad sam system,on those occasions I think that they used a couple of shortened canisters with the nose cones protruding,so there could be a possibility of a slightly stretched version as this new [old?] 4 axle tel variant has raised more questions than it answers.

Theres usually a guide rail or rails to keep the missile properly restrained and centered during transport,elevation and launch,not to mention that the nose cones are fairly robust as they have to penetrate the front of the canister enclose on launch and cope with the huge friction load generated by traveling at hypersonic speed.

The production models of the b373s sayyad 4 canisters will be completely enclosed.

This exact same sort of thing has been seen before during the testing of the sayyad 2 missile for what would ultimately become the 15th of khordad sam system,on those occasions I think that they used a couple of shortened canisters with the nose cones protruding,so there could be a possibility of a slightly stretched version as this new [old?] 4 axle tel variant has raised more questions than it answers.

Theres usually a guide rail or rails to keep the missile properly restrained and centered during transport,elevation and launch,not to mention that the nose cones are fairly robust as they have to penetrate the front of the canister enclose on launch and cope with the huge friction load generated by traveling at hypersonic speed.

The production models of the b373s sayyad 4 canisters will be completely enclosed.

I found the sayyad 2 early test images as well and it seems that for what ever reason, they use shorter canisters during testing phase of most if not all sam system missiles, maybe to film the action as they launch and they need an unobstructed view of the radome?

Attachments

• Iran-Sayyad2-Hunter-Missile-Production-12.jpg
    Iran-Sayyad2-Hunter-Missile-Production-12.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
There is no credible evidence proving that the Azeris have been able to destroy the S-300.

They might have been able to destroy some components at the most but not an entire battery and system. I highly doubt it.

Also there are various versions of the S-300 and the version Iran ended up getting finally is quite advanced actually.

When it comes to air defense systems, it's all a numbers game. Let's say there is a SAM system protecting a site with 4 missiles. Let's say something like a BUK or Pantsir by itself. If the enemy launches 8 cruise missiles and 6 armed drones at the SAM / site, well then we know what the end result will be.

The best way for modern air defense units to be effective is by having a multi-layered system. So having some Pantsirs, then some Tors moving around, some BUKS and some S-300 and S-400 as the last line of defense for example.

Then there's jamming and counter measures and anti jamming and all that other fun stuff to worry about. You can also have replacement units waiting in fortified underground facilities. So one radar system gets destroyed, okay you can send more. One battery got destroyed, okay you can send more plus a you send a few missile launchers to confront the enemy at the same time.

In the end it's all a numbers game, that's all.

Russia is beholden to the Zionists and not a credible source of weapons as it has stiffed Iran repeatedly and refused to sell any modern aircraft and took a decade to deliver the antiquated S-300 which Azerbaijan destroyed so easily in the current war against Armenia. Iran must develop its own systems and improve military cooperation with China, which is a more reliable partner.

An excellent DEFENCE is a highly 'vocal' offence.

Based on my estimates on what percentage of an F4-E Iran can currently reproduce/manufacture, (it is higher than people actually think), and the amount of modifications needed for this INCREDIBLY SIMPLE AIRCRAFT (relative compared to designing from fresh) to be redesigned/manufactured, and update/upgrade. Iran has incredible amount of experience with this aircraft. The entire wings are rebuilt by Iran as we speak, among other things. Wind tunnel testing of course needed ...

... With AL21F engines (even used engines bought on black market, or license built with Russia's help) this platform would be potent with 3 Ghadir Air To Ground missiles ... plenty of room for top bolt-on fuel tank, slightly modify the main landing gear (titanium-cobolt-gold alloy) to accommodate higher maximum landing weight, chopping off the tail, redistributing the weight with elevated cockpit, vertical stabilizers forward (delta wing), shorter by 2.5-3 meters and more maneuverable, single pilot, glass MFD, and auxiliary power supply unit ...

With AL21F, this aircraft can be configured to go higher altitude, and achieve supercruise (without afterburner). Max speed at 60k ft, above M2.5

Manufacturing cost (currently with so many unemployed engineers): $10m-$15 fly-away cost (in quantities higher than 100).

Could be a great workhorse.
jet.png

Last edited:
An excellent DEFENCE is a highly 'vocal' offence.

Based on my estimates on what percentage of an F4-E Iran can currently reproduce/manufacture, (it is higher than people actually think), and the amount of modifications needed for this INCREDIBLY SIMPLE AIRCRAFT (relative compared to designing from fresh) to be redesigned/manufactured, and update/upgrade. Iran has incredible amount of experience with this aircraft. The entire wings are rebuilt by Iran as we speak, among other things. Wind tunnel testing of course needed ...

... With AL21F engines (even used engines bought on black market, or license built with Russia's help) this platform would be potent with 3 Ghadir Air To Ground missiles ... plenty of room for top bolt-on fuel tank, slightly modify the main landing gear (titanium-cobolt-gold alloy) to accommodate higher maximum landing weight, chopping off the tail, redistributing the weight with elevated cockpit, vertical stabilizers forward (delta wing), shorter by 2.5-3 meters and more maneuverable, single pilot, glass MFD, and auxiliary power supply unit ...

With AL21F, this aircraft can be configured to go higher altitude, and achieve supercruise (without afterburner). Max speed at 60k ft, above M2.5

Manufacturing cost (currently with so many unemployed engineers): $10m-$15 fly-away cost (in quantities higher than 100).

Could be a great workhorse.
View attachment 683567 ...
You are defining a new aircraft that iran cant make it until now. if you are able to make one than the shape would be more modern. this shape has huge RCS

ok it is my mistake, i couldnt describe myself, the guy wants to make serious changes on f4 but actually it means a new type of aircraft but iran never achieved to make a fighter until now that is all i wanted to say.

ok it is my mistake, i couldnt describe myself, the guy wants to make serious changes on f4 but actually it means a new type of aircraft but iran never achieved to make a fighter until now that is all i wanted to say.

The point is that Iran knows F4 very well. Also Iran knows AL21F engines very well. Meanwhile Iran also has the ability to produce all the parts of F4 or AL21F engines (you can see it at Jahsh-700).

So the possibility is there. The question is: Does it make sense?

So some analysts believe that Bavar-373 is on par or right below S-400 in various categories. Not getting the S-300 was probably the best thing that could have happened to Iran in the long run. It forced Iran to become self sufficient in that field.

THis chart confirms that Bavar is an AMAZING Iranian achievement....Iranian science has reached the top of the world in recent times and its showing. Looks like Iran has planned,prepared and studied what it really needs and wants regarding AD systems...so everything about Bavar is impressive.

Once bavar is deployed to Syria, IAF flights will reduce, because there wont be any Russians to disable it.

Back
Top Bottom