What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

What does ‘Electro optic guided target’ means in below report from fats news? Is it a wrong reporting? May be they used electro optic guided missile!
they mean this, look at the nose section

1603444530587.png

1603444668822.png

That’s an Bavar prototype that lost out to the winner prototype.

It was supposed to be Iran’s S300V.

They may develop it for ABM capability or they may incorporate some aspects for next gen Bavar.
I have a different opinion, the s300v like TEL we saw on the video is an exact match to the nee TEL, it being a lost prototype is only a speculation as is my view.

Time will tell, sooner or later.

I have a different opinion, the s300v like TEL we saw on the video is an exact match to the nee TEL, it being a lost prototype is only a speculation as is my view.

Time will tell, sooner or later.

@PeeD already posted that picture a while back.

We know there was a standard “bidding” cycle for BAVAR and different organizations submitted their prototypes.

I don’t think Bavar has reached mass production yet and the final version is still undergoing tweaks.

@PeeD already posted that picture a while back.

We know there was a standard “bidding” cycle for BAVAR and different organizations submitted their prototypes.

I don’t think Bavar has reached mass production yet and the final version is still undergoing tweaks.

Seems like that the Zoljanah actually lost to this smaller one with a S-300V like radar.
I guess they thought that Zoljanah 10x10 would be needed to carry missile and radar but later found out that it was possible to do it with the 8x8.

Not really "lost" as there were no different companies involved maybe two different design teams at best or rather just evolution of the design of one team.

Seems like that the Zoljanah actually lost to this smaller one with a S-300V like radar.
I guess they thought that Zoljanah 10x10 would be needed to carry missile and radar but later found out that it was possible to do it with the 8x8.

Not really "lost" as there were no different companies involved maybe two different design teams at best or rather just evolution of the design of one team.
So basically, the bavar-373 battery will include the two AESA radars plus the meraj-4 like the s-300P structure(Flap Lid,Gravestone,tombstone) also adding TELAR instead of TEL like S-300vm? @PeeD

Last edited:
Keep in mind that we dont know the maximum speed at motor burnout,this could potentially be higher than the estimated speed.

I should say that the estimate was based on very limited information, with the main caveat being that we don't know exactly when the missile was fired (there was a cut from the command centre screen showing the missile launch to the radar screen). That's why I added this disclaimer at the end. Burnout velocity would likely be similar to the 48N6 (~Mach 6.5).

Back
Top Bottom