What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I wonder how Israel feels about giving away their tech to Iran for free

Damn that is a huge f***ing explosion for a drone. Good that Iran shot it down, no drone carrying that much explosives has good intention.

If Israel is testing Iran's AD, it must be going pretty badly for Tel Aviv lmaooo. I would hate to be the dude at Mossad who has to break the bad news to Netanyahu that they just lost another drone to Iran.

Guess giving drones to Azerbaijan wasn't such a good idea after all lmaooooo :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I bet Tel Aviv won't be dumb enough to make that mistake again. Next time Israel will let Baku get some drones from their best buddy Turkey instead. I'm sure Erdogan can't resist sending in a couple of drones to Azerbaijan so they can get shot down just like their Israeli friends. I hope Erdogan signs the drone so he can find his piece later.

When the Iranians shoot it down, they can send back the Turks and Azeris a pink toy drone like they sent Obama a cute toy RQ-170.

maxresdefault.jpg

EXcFU7uX0AkM8u2.jpg

Last edited:

Damn that is a huge f***ing explosion for a drone. Good that Iran shot it down, no drone carrying that much explosives has good intention.

If Israel is testing Iran's AD, it must be going pretty badly for Tel Aviv lmaooo
Iran doesn’t need like that drone. They already have one similar to it but they didn’t unveil it😂
4E90D7C8-BB2D-4CCE-BBF3-2DDA0D4E7A70.jpeg
1CDC13D1-C8FD-408A-A587-63C68D3D512F.jpeg

Iran doesn’t need like that drone. They already have one similar to it but they didn’t unveil it😂

Would not be surprised if Iranian drones have already surpassed Israel. At this point, Israelis can learn more from Iranian drones than the other way around.

This is just getting ridiculous.
I think there needs to be a clear "demonstration" of some sort arranged to convince the azerbaijanis that its really in their own best interests to keep their drones a nice safe minimum distance,say at least 10kms,away from the iranian border at all times in future.

The only plus from all these Azerbaijani drone incursions is that we now safely know Iran has good enough air-defenses against these smaller loitering munition type weapons. They do work, they're effective and they're evidently reliable.

Good training and data will be gleamed from all these shoot-downs. But a point should come where Iran has to conduct some sort of reprisal attack against Azerbaijani military positions in order to send some sort of message. What if one of these IAI HAROP's falls on a village and kills 10-20 people? It seems like Azerbaijan (or rogue elements) are trying to goad Iran into getting involved with the conflict.

If Israel is testing Iran's AD, it must be going pretty badly for Tel Aviv lmaooo. I would hate to be the dude at Mossad who has to break the bad news to Netanyahu that they just lost another drone to Iran.

Guess giving drones to Azerbaijan wasn't such a good idea after all lmaooooo :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I bet Tel Aviv won't be dumb enough to make that mistake again. Next time Israel will let Baku get some drones from their best buddy Turkey instead. I'm sure Erdogan can't resist sending in a couple of drones to Azerbaijan so they can get shot down just like their Israeli friends. I hope Erdogan signs the drone so he can find his piece later.

When the Iranians shoot it down, they can send back the Turks and Azeris a pink toy drone like they sent Obama a cute toy RQ-170.

maxresdefault.jpg

EXcFU7uX0AkM8u2.jpg
By the way, the Cocarde logo is used by several countries on fighter planes with different colors.

Attachments

• cocarde-france.png
    cocarde-france.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 24
Iran should do something, drones infiltrating the iranian Airspace more than 100km is something unacceptable. The blue area marked is a huge gap, that if we exclude the easter and south eastern part of Iran which Includes a VERY small number of ADs.View attachment 679232

Iran doesn't have as many AD systems as we'd like to see. It's unlikely we have tons of 3rd Khordad and Talash systems in general, and most if not all are concentrated in the south.

Iran doesn't have as many AD systems as we'd like to see. It's unlikely we have tons of 3rd Khordad and Talash systems in general, and most if not all are concentrated in the south.

Another reason why Iran needs S-400/S-500. The S-300 order was too small. We also do not know how fast Iran produces Bavar 373 and other significant AD systems. It could take 12+ months to build a B-373 battalion let alone a battery... who knows, no one has a clue.

But it is unacceptable how few AD systems Iran has in the North. Not to mention the East and west borders.

What’s the point to having all these fancy radars if you don’t have enough ADs to engage them?

As Armenia-Azeri conflict has shown. You can lose 10 AD systems overnight. You need to be prepared.

Another reason why Iran needs S-400/S-500. The S-300 order was too small. We also do not know how fast Iran produces Bavar 373 and other significant AD systems. It could take 12+ months to build a B-373 battalion let alone a battery... who knows, no one has a clue.

But it is unacceptable how few AD systems Iran has in the North. Not to mention the East and west borders.

What’s the point to having all these fancy radars if you don’t have enough ADs to engage them?

As Armenia-Azeri conflict has shown. You can lose 10 AD systems overnight. You need to be prepared.
Besides the Bavar-373, 3rd Khordad and Talash systems have been around since years, yet they are deployed to very very small number of sites. Iran has all the systems but production line is slow, or systems are hidden. No one is saying cover all the country, but there are huge gaps as you mentioned in the eastern and western borders, and other areas.

Another UAV likely from Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict has been crashed inside Iran. This time it's 65 km inside Iran. Would be interesting to see how Iran reacts.

1602626016508.png

1602626155470.png

1602626192968.png

Indeed, as much as I am extraordinarily proud in the Iranian Air defense industry and the products they create. I'm doubtful as to the number of deployed systems, and I'm guessing the main cause of it is $$$ and lack there of it.

We have a wide range of systems in all types of altitudes fulfilling various different functions that really puts Iran among the highest levels in terms of air defense, but as you say whether or not such products from Oghab, to Talash, to 3rd Khordad, Automated AA guns and Bavar-373 can be produced, it doesn't appear that their are many battalions out there. IADS is limited in this regards despite great early warning radars, to me it does not seem it will survive a saturation strike from the U.S or even the Saudis if they lift their whole airforce up equipped with Shadow Storm missiles.
Another UAV likely from Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict has been crashed inside Iran. This time it's 65 km inside Iran. Would be interesting to see how Iran reacts.

View attachment 679257

View attachment 679258

View attachment 679259

The likely hood the Azerbaijanis are trying to use Iranian Airspace to infiltrate into Artaskh to strike a high value target by surprise I think is the most likely conclusion.

Indeed, as much as I am extraordinarily proud in the Iranian Air defense industry and the products they create. I'm doubtful as to the number of deployed systems, and I'm guessing the main cause of it is $$$ and lack there of it.

We have a wide range of systems in all types of altitudes fulfilling various different functions that really puts Iran among the highest levels in terms of air defense, but as you say whether or not such products from Oghab, to Talash, to 3rd Khordad, Automated AA guns and Bavar-373 can be produced, it doesn't appear that their are many battalions out there. IADS is limited in this regards despite great early warning radars, to me it does not seem it will survive a saturation strike from the U.S or even the Saudis if they lift their whole airforce up equipped with Shadow Storm missiles.

The likely hood the Azerbaijanis are trying to use Iranian Airspace to infiltrate into Artaskh to strike a high value target by surprise I think is the most likely conclusion.
agreed as this one is Russian made, its strange 4 rackets also hit Iran but did not exploded non of them either they have no warhead meaning they knew its going to hit Iran or Iran jamming them midair i don't know which one

The Iranian army is very tactical and may suspect that their defenses are being tested. They can practice stealing data on the fly through cyber warfare, using radars. Iran has a lot of air defense systems but I think for the moment that they are unveiling their more intense war plan .... I'm not worried about their powerful air defense

Back
Top Bottom