What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

today IRGC took responsibility for downing of a unknown UAV

تایید اسقاط یک پهپاد متجاوز در استان آذربایجان شرقی

They already massacred 1 million Armenians. Now they want to basically cut right through Armenian land as well.

The issue for Turkey is that they have a very tiny, narrow strip of land connecting them to the border with a western chunk of Azerbaijani territory which is also cut off from the main eastern chunk of Azerbaijan.

If the Azerbaijanis with help from Turkey, are able to take Nagorno-Karabakh, their next goal would be to connect the largest eastern chunk of Azerbaijan with the western chunk which is narrowly connected to Turkey. If that were to happen, the next natural move would be to take more Armenian territory to connect the two.

However even with the two Azerbaijani chunks of territory connected, the narrow connection to Turkey would still be a nuisance. Then the next natural progression would be either taking even more Armenian land or even eyeing Iranian territory in the south.

In my opinion, this is why Iran should be really weary of any shift in the balance of power in that region. I'm guessing that Iran is already sending vital troops and equipment to the north. The way Iran quickly shot down that drone that went into Iranian territory was a good indication.

So far the results between the two sides have been mixed. Azerbaijan has been able to use Turkish drones and has hit several Armenian columns and destroyed many air defense units, close to 10. However the Armenians have shot down more than a dozen Azeri aircraft, including helicopters, drones, planes and they have also destroyed a large quantity of Azerbaijani armor.

Remember Armenia has a population of 3 million. Azerbaijan 10 million and Turkey 80 million. I don't think the world or regional countries will accept Turkey getting deeply involved. Turkey is already sending thousands of Syrian/international mercenaries and paying them $1500 a month. However the Lira is now at an all time low and looks to be free falling. At the same time the Saudi's have banned all Turkish products and the EU is very close to imposing fresh sanctions.

I doubt if Iran will need to do anything, since Russia will not tolerate a major Turkish incursion into Armenia and worse case scenario Armenia will ask for Russian military assistance to secure their territorial integrity. I'm more than certain that Erdogan knows better than to mess with Iran. Iran could rain down hundreds of missiles on Azerbaijan and cripple their military within a day or two.

Anyways, I'm going to keep my eyes on this. Hopefully things will not get out of hand, but who knows what the future holds. Only time will tell. However in my opinion, Armenians would be smart to buy air defenses, ATGM's, loitering munitions and drones from Iran.

The Karrar drone for example would be perfect for Armenia. A cheap yet effective way of intercepting Turkish drones. The Samad or Mohajer would also be a good option for them.

The Armenians have lost close to 10x 9K33 OSA air defense systems. Something like the Sayyad or Ya Zahra would be perfect for them.

Although Iran is denying it, I'm more than certain that Iran is not going to give up the chance to sell weapons to Armenia to deter Turkish expansionism.

1.png

No, this is a Azerbijian/Turkey plan, they've always wanted to destroy Armenia.

Last edited:
A ground-based version of the Kamand CIWS in the anti-cruise missile role is being produced by the Iranian Ministry of Defence. It uses a phased-array radar sytem, the "Fath-630" gatling cannon and the "Azarakhsh" missile.

Is this one of the already announced Short range AD systems in development?

Separ ? it sure sounds like it
Separ is supposed to be based on the Pantsir-S1 according to what we now. Maybe, this ground-based Kamand CIWS is one of the air-defense systems whose names (Dezful, Navvab, Shahid Majid) where mentioned on Iran's defense industry day last month or a completely different one.

long story short

very good, test versions have been made but not with AESA radar that was bad idea now they add the expansive radar, so basically they going to bring this

View attachment 674835

and we are mounting these on it plus an small AESA radar and optics for passive mode its both for cruise missiles and drones

View attachment 674838

View attachment 674839

View attachment 674879
Bro the ASR is a naval passive radar And it is big to be put on a truck🤔Plus the azarakh missile isn’t that good compared to pantsir missiles, looks like sidewinder missile and not radar guided...

Attachments

• 5C9F4255-C4AB-4B61-9C45-5C709AB18041.jpeg
    5C9F4255-C4AB-4B61-9C45-5C709AB18041.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 7FEA7395-3E65-40AF-94B5-B0F6761BF51C.jpeg
    7FEA7395-3E65-40AF-94B5-B0F6761BF51C.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 48
Bro the ASR is a naval passive radar And it is big to be put on a truck🤔Plus the azarakh missile isn’t that good compared to pantsir missiles, looks like sidewinder missile and not radar guided...
pictures are archive brother just to give you en example, there are alot more to come Azarakhsh is just one of them don't be so rough on it plus IRGC has its own projects too this is defense ministry's.

1601484444081.png

Last edited:
pictures are archive brother just to give you en example, there are alot more to come Azarakhsh is just one of them don't be so rough on it plus IRGC has its own projects too this is defense ministry's.
Oh I understand, but when shaltouki said that kamand with azarkhsh i was surprised, because azarakhsh has a very low altitude and low range.

Attachments

• F598D0C4-55D9-48E6-9ED3-BFAADE126D86.png
    F598D0C4-55D9-48E6-9ED3-BFAADE126D86.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom