What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iranian air defense unveils missiles with a range of 300 km The Deputy Commander of the Air Defense Force in the Iranian Army, Brigadier General Ali Reza Elhami, announced that this force will soon unveil missiles with a range of 300 km, stressing the need for the armed forces to reach the stage of self-sufficiency in various strategic areas and to raise the missile capacity of the army and the Revolutionary Guards as one of the factors in increasing The deterrent power of these forces. He said: Today, we are concerned about monitoring, identifying and chasing all planes, drones and fighters in our air borders, especially in the Persian Gulf region, where the Iranian people in the Iranian army’s air force have produced a locally made radar with a range of 3000 km, while our marches at a height of more than 47,000 feet supervise Our borders, and we will confront everyone who tempts himself to commit any mistake with all our strength and will respond to him.

AFADF7-FA-3000.jpg
AFADF7-EN-3000.jpg
AFADF7-AR-3000.jpg
AFADF7-RU-3000.jpg
AFADF7-HE-3000.jpg

I think the IRGC version might be Talash, which directly led to the Sayyad series and the 15th Khordad.
no that's also defense ministry , that patriot like launcher is defense ministry Talash , sayyad (15th khordad) was defence ministry solution , irgc project was raad , 3rd of khordad and 9th of day. the ones that look like Buk

Sayyad = IRGC-ASF
Talash, 15th Khordad = IRIADF
the system rarely is called Sayyad , but there is a Tactical Sayyad which is also defense ministry
1401012913223986525159124.jpg

IRGC uses what resulted from RA'AD project .

no that's also defense ministry , that patriot like launcher is defense ministry Talash , sayyad (15th khordad) was defence ministry solution , irgc project was raad , 3rd of khordad and 9th of day. the ones that look like Buk
So does that mean IRGC does not field the Sayyads 3 & 4 at all?
What does IRGC have for higher altitudes and longer ranges?
Does IRGC just get long range and high altitude protection from the Artesh Khatam Al Anbiya and the National Air Defense Grid?
Does that also mean that Artesh only uses the Sayyad 2 in 15th Khordad and does not have access to the 3rd of Khordad or its derivatives? Is that why Kamin 2 and 9th of Dey are so similar but in used by Artesh vs Sepah?

So does that mean IRGC does not field the Sayyads 3 & 4 at all?
right now I didn't see anything from them that use Sayyad - 3 and 4.
you must consider this that Sayyad-4 is only Bavar and I doubt if its operational and delivered.

by the way , I'm not aware about what IRGC have and don't have . but i knew something these equipment are defense ministry design so IRGC also can order them and use it. by the way in field of air defense it don't matter much , our air defense is integrated all data shared between IRGC and army and order to fire come from one place when it's about such long range system

the system rarely is called Sayyad , but there is a Tactical Sayyad which is also defense ministry
1401012913223986525159124.jpg

IRGC uses what resulted from RA'AD project .
That is because Sayyad (IRGC-ASF) and Talash (IRIADF) are two different systems. Talash is related to an effort by the IRIADF to upgrade Iranian S-200 sites and uses Kavosh (based on AN/MPQ-50) and X-Band Ofogh (possibly inspired by AN/SPG-62) radars while Sayyad is an IRGC-ASF system that uses a more powerful S-Band Najm-802 and/or Najm-802B radar. The Tactical Sayyad is yet another system that makes use of the Sayyad missile family. I think the confusion around Talash and Sayyad stems from the fact that the IRGC's Sayyad system has been given the same name as the missile (Sayyad-2) both systems (Talash + Sayyad) use and because both systems look very similar to each other. Whoever is responsible for choosing these names should be fired. Heck, there are even two Kavosh radars: IRIADF's Kavosh (AN/MPQ-50 copy) and IRGC-ASF's Kavosh (Kasta-2E2 copy).

For comparison:
TalashSayyadComp.png

Last edited:
That is because Sayyad (IRGC-ASF) and Talash (IRIADF) are two different systems. Talash is related to an effort by the IRIADF to upgrade Iranian S-200 sites and uses Kavosh (based on AN/MPQ-50) and X-Band Ofogh (possibly inspired by AN/SPG-62) radars while Sayyad is an IRGC-ASF system that uses a more powerful S-Band Najm-802 and/or Najm-802B radar. The Tactical Sayyad is yet another system that makes use of the Sayyad missile family. I think the confusion around Talash and Sayyad stems from the fact that the IRGC's Sayyad system has been given the same name as the missile (Sayyad-2) both systems (Talash + Sayyad) use and because both systems look very similar to each other. Whoever is responsible for choosing these names should be fired. Heck, there are even two Kavosh radars: IRIADF's Kavosh (AN/MPQ-50 copy) and IRGC-ASF's Kavosh (Kasta-2E2 copy).

For comparison:
View attachment 858623

the problem
what you name as Sayyad to me looks 15th Khordad of Army which is what Talash project morphed into and use Najm-804 (the upgraded version of Najm-802)
2531211.jpg

by the way I yet to see any IRGC Air defense to use Sayyad-3

and this is Najm-802 as you see very different from what you posted in the system you call Sayyad
D-EbcSkXYAUK6yB.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom