What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

about bavar , they previously said they are going to introduce a bavar-2 soon , maybe the first bavar was an unfinished work in progress after all we knew Sayyad 4 is part of Bavar Package but we saw a test of it.

This is speculation, basically. Maybe, maybe not. The user I was responding to seemed to have drawn an unambiguous conclusion that Bavar-373 has not been operational to date, conclusion for which I see no compelling reason. Hence my question to the user.

and also we never saw or see a report of it actually being deployed.

Its was declared operational several times, which is good enough to me.

another matter is when iran announce a weapon usually we announce its deployment 1-2 year later and the weapon being deployed is having some modification with final product. we usually announce weapons when they are in working order but the final refined product is shown 1-2 year later

This isn't a systematic rule, is it? It's not as if it must necessarily apply to Bavar-373, a weapon the enemy is best kept in the dark about as much as possible.

It’s because S-300 production line no longer existed. They weren’t going to restart a production line of an older generation product for a single order.
not then , i mean 1 ir 1.5 years ago when they wanted to sell iran s400

This is speculation, basically. Maybe, maybe not. The user I was responding to seemed to have drawn an unambiguous conclusion that Bavar-373 has not been operational to date, conclusion for which I see no compelling reason. Hence my question to the user.

Its was declared operational several times, which is good enough to me.

This isn't a systematic rule, is it? It's not as if it must necessarily apply to Bavar-373, a weapon the enemy is best kept in the dark about as much as possible.
for comparison let just look at shahed 129 , when was it first build , when was the time it was given to irgc , and when was the first you see it carry weapon and strike a target ?

IMG_20220613_111030_793.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom