What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

when I saw it says, shoot down was in international waters, I thought i should stop reading further.

its says,
1: international water.
2: lacks a stealthy feature
3: easily detectable
4: buk m1 version

they wanted to say, that 200m drone was a backdated trash drone.
After rq-170 they said it was outdated out the shelf drone. If you can hit global hawk. When we did that they said it's outdated and not stealthy . they just need something to say to fool average Joe .

They even can't admit iran air defence systems are totally different beast from the foreign one that looks like them . I bet that BUK-m1 can't engage the drone from 30km away.

funny part about the so called outdated drone (RQ-170) is that you can not find more that 2-3 images of it online from US sources. all the images are from Iranian part...

I don’t recall anyone saying it was outdated. Instead the term they used was it was built with a loss contingency in mind. Meaning that because the drone operated in contested airspace highly classified state secrets were not in the drone in case it were to fall into enemy hands.

For example F-22 is considered state secret technology (an a tad bit outdated since the concept behind it was built in 90’s). F-35 is not hence why it’s available for export.

If your Can shoot down a F-35!

The Rq-4 may not officially be stealth but it is LOW RCS. It uses RAM that covers over all the vertical surfaces on the side of the fuselage, front of the engine is well hidden, It uses V shaped stabilizers... the Aircraft even uses composites that reduce heat signature and noise signature of the engine. Plus the Aircraft was in silent mode when fired upon. And at the end of the day it's a $200 Million USD UAV and it didn't just get that price tag out of nowhere!

If anything what made it easer to shoot down compared to an F-35 is mainly the Aircrafts lack of maneuverability which allowed Iran to shoot it down with a single shot.

Also the author of the Forbs article claims that Iran is claiming to have used a Bulk M1 to shoot down the RQ-4 which is absolutely nonsense. Basically trying to fit in his own narrative by claiming that it's actually Iran who is "claiming" it. Which is all the prof one would need to see that this is NOT a fact based article that was written by some impartial expert solely based on FACTS!

Mersad air defense system ( almost all of the Iranian systems now have at least 1 optical system on board for passive mode )

EfCvBb4XoAApjLL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom