What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iran confirms purchase of Russian S-400 and Pantsir-S air defense missile system

Is there any independent confirmation by any iranian sources,or better yet the iranian government,as to the validity of these claims?
Frankly I`m extremely dubious about these claims for rather obvious reasons.

I do not see a single source (credible Russian or western or Iranian)!confirming that Iran has said it is purchasing the missile systems in question.

I will wait for Iran side to confirm it via media channels.

It seems from video Iran was more interested in the helicopters.

I do not see a single source (credible Russian or western or Iranian)!confirming that Iran has said it is purchasing the missile systems in question.

Most likely fake news ...

Is there any independent confirmation by any iranian sources,or better yet the iranian government,as to the validity of these claims?
Frankly I`m extremely dubious about these claims for rather obvious reasons.

i'm constantly looking but that site is a well respected Russian outlet with ties to government, that's why i posted it

Video of Iranian Defense Minister Amir Khatami inspecting the Pantsir-S1 air defense system and Ka-226T helicopter. The Iranian delegation was reportedly most interested in the Pantsir-S1 and S-400 air defense systems.

Shoigu: At the forum's expositions, the Iranian delegation will be able to get acquainted with the latest examples of Russian weapons and military equipment.

excellent but where does it say Sayyad-6 missile ? i only heard a more powerful Bavar-373 which is more powerful then S-500 will be produce in 2 years

no, he talked about the S-400, Iran has something similar to the S-400 (not the downgraded export version, the more powerful version which is in use by russian forces)

This documentary has been around for about a year and posted here already. There was no mention directly to a "Sayyad'-6" missile. What he said is (paraphrasing) " I am confident in the next 2 years, Bavar system will not be comparable to the current version and much more advanced, and not even comparable to the S-400 and even S-500".

He obviously has direct information to next projects and feels confident it will be very advanced.

no, he talked about the S-400, Iran has something similar to the S-400 (not the downgraded export version, the more powerful version which is in use by russian forces)
he said a version which is more powerful then S-400 and S-500

Maybe Sayyad-6 is anew missile for the Bavar system and able against ballistic missiles.

To be more powerful than S-500, Iran would need a missile that can intercept HGV targets not just SCUD and fixed trajectory BMs. Also a system that is extremely resilient to EW/ECW.

Somehow I doubt Iran will be able to overtake the leader in air defense technology (Russians) in a less than 2 decades (Bavar was started in circa 2009). Russians have been making air defense systems since before Iran was able to manufacture a gun on its own. So I take these claims of “better than S-500” with a grain of salt.

Nonetheless, Iran’s advancements in field of air defense in such a short time is nothing but remarkable in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom