What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

it launches rockets with proximity fuses. seems like it's for anti helicopter missions.
Rather see SALH (APKWS) type rockets with proximity fuses, those would be killer in my opinion but more expensive. All it would need would be general direction and a vehicle based laser designator with good tracking capabilities.

akela-freedom-fletcher-rocket-launcher-01.jpg

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-air-defense-systems-that-are-manufacturing-in-iran.217142/
damm it's good to read old threads, people posting didn't know sayyad AD is coming and were happy with hawk reverse engineered version and mobile s-200.

they are being replaced with 15th khordad. they possibly relocate the old systems to north west and east of the country which do not face vast and immediate threats.

Incredible how far we came in missile technology.

Wished other products received the same love instead of cheap PR.

Do you know the max range and altitude of an IR only or inertial with IR missile? I was thinking of how poor or ill equipped forces could fight stronger forces. I was thinking that it would not be manportable, but be able to be mounted on light vehicles equipped with EO systems for tracking enemy aircraft at high altitudes, and far ranges. It would have enough fuel to hit targets at 10km altitude, and the same distance.

Last edited:
Do you know the max range and altitude of an IR only or inertial with IR missile? I was thinking of how poor or ill equipped forces could fight stronger forces. I was thinking that it would not be manportable, but be able to be mounted on light vehicles equipped with EO systems for tracking enemy aircraft at high altitudes, and far ranges. It would have enough fuel to hit targets at 10km altitude, and the same distance.
for a head on confrontation scenario would be around 40 km but for better results possibly you would need to know target speed and azimuth.

Ah, but for ranges like only 10km would you need precise data?
I am not sure if you knew about this or not, but the Houthis have actually done something like this. They have converted the R 27, R 73, and R 77 missiles to be launched from small launchers on the ground. And they use EO/IR sensors to locate the targets. So the system is pretty compact and movable. You just need to turn the missile launcher towards the direction the target is, and launch it. And the missiles either use IR sensors or their onboard radars for finding the exact location of the target. The R 73 and R 27 are used for shorter ranges as they use IR sensors, but the R 77 can be used for medium ranges as it's an ARH missile and has an onboard radar that can be used.

Basically a system like this:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...h-r-27-air-to-air-missile-modified-into-a-sam

thaose are S200 missiles , but what for , the system is old and can't be used against small drone and cruise missile . also s200 tends to be not such portable system , if they move s-200 missile there it meas they had a s-200 battallion there already

There one of known position S-200 deployed near Isfahan, approx. in 80 km from Natanz. Probably these missiles were transported for it.

Back
Top Bottom