What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Finally this is happening. This render the Israeli airforce useless if the air defence systems are deployed properly to cover the entire areas around Israel.
10 years ago it seemed Syria had much better AD than Iran because we only saw the tip of the iceberg regarding Iranian capabilities. Guess what. We still only see the tip of the iceberg!

Does anyone know if this is true?

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1094163/کدام-سامانه-پدافند-هوایی-ایران-در-سوریه-مستقر-می-شود

Has Iran really accepted to send Bavar 373 systems to Syria? I thought at most they will send 3rd Khordad Systems.
I don't think so. at least not in short term. Bavar is undergoing several changes in battle management systems and also some changes in radars and other sub systems. Several boards and interfaces and whole software must be redesigned completely and In the best case scenario it's not going to be ready till end of the year. After that mass production is another story.

Do you have a source for this?
Sorry it's not exactly public knowledge I can't say my source but I think news will eventually come out.
Let's just say bavar is going to evolve to meet new requirements.

Sorry it's not exactly public knowledge I can't say my source but I think news will eventually come out.

Tell us more interesting things about upcoming and active defence projects.

Lol if you're an insider that's the freshest thing on this forum since I arrived.

Does Iran have anything that can reliably take out Turkish drones? That seems important for Syrian air defenses as Turkey is a threat to Syria as well.

Okay I understand, just be careful not to divulge information or even the existence of it that is not available via OSINT.

Regarding your claim, I am not surprised given ex air defence commander already said Bavar-373 would evolve to be even more advanced than S-400 in 2 years.

Does Iran have anything that can reliably take out Turkish drones? That seems important for Syrian air defenses as Turkey is a threat to Syria as well.

Iran destroyed American drones that are decades more advanced than anything Turkey has, thus destroying their drones is easy work for Iran. Furthermore remember Iran has been in the UAV business long before the Turks so its understands the threats posed by them. The issue regarding UAVs is destroying them en mass in an economical manner. For this, the upcoming Iranian SHORAD called "Oghab" will do the job. That system will be the Iranian counterpart to the Tor series.

Iran destroyed American drones that are decades more advanced than anything Turkey has, thus destroying their drones is easy work for Iran. Furthermore remember Iran has been in the UAV business long before the Turks so its understands the threats posed by them. The issue regarding UAVs is destroying them en mass in an economical manner. For this, the upcoming Iranian SHORAD called "Oghab" will do the job. That system will be the Iranian counterpart to the Tor series.
Is Herz-9 capable of shooting down drones?

3rd-2-F-4000x-scaled.jpg
3rd-2-BATTALION-3600x-scaled.jpg

I don't think so. at least not in short term. Bavar is undergoing several changes in battle management systems and also some changes in radars and other sub systems. Several boards and interfaces and whole software must be redesigned completely and In the best case scenario it's not going to be ready till end of the year. After that mass production is another story.
If you are telling the truth then what you and your “source” is doing now is called treason. I would be very careful if I was in your shoes since every country on this planet takes leaking of sensitive military information very seriously.

Back
Top Bottom