What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Khordad System has been tested on a supply vessel,
dQh4Tbk.png

today I was thinking about how it could look embarked and tested on a much more performing military ship.
So out of curiosity I made this simple photoshop and as a model I chose an Alvand class frigate, certainly with Khordad System without the vehicle and in its place create a dedicated superstructure, making the necessary changes to free up the space needed aft even for sealed containers for reserve missiles and a hydraulic crane for their movement.
As you can see, I wanted to keep the anti-ship missiles by replacing them in the bow.
jEk2Ekz.jpg

As I wrote above, it is only out of pure curiosity and does not want to hypothesize anything, but it certainly would offer an exponential increase in air defense capabilities with a system already in production and operational today.

Some time nice fotoshop, and altough I like the idea, I think the IRIN will go for VLS. I think there could be a chance that the Sina-class sized FAC could be fielded with 3rd khordad system with reloads.
Khordad System has been tested on a supply vessel,
dQh4Tbk.png

today I was thinking about how it could look embarked and tested on a much more performing military ship.
So out of curiosity I made this simple photoshop and as a model I chose an Alvand class frigate, certainly with Khordad System without the vehicle and in its place create a dedicated superstructure, making the necessary changes to free up the space needed aft even for sealed containers for reserve missiles and a hydraulic crane for their movement.
As you can see, I wanted to keep the anti-ship missiles by replacing them in the bow.
jEk2Ekz.jpg

As I wrote above, it is only out of pure curiosity and does not want to hypothesize anything, but it certainly would offer an exponential increase in air defense capabilities with a system already in production and operational today.
you see the missiles at least Sayyad-2 is used in 15th of khordad and Bavae so they are VLS ready because of that it won't make any sense at all to use such design

you see the missiles at least Sayyad-2 is used in 15th of khordad and Bavae so they are VLS ready because of that it won't make any sense at all to use such design

Sorry but I thought I was clear in presenting my photoshop:
"As I wrote above, it is only out of pure curiosity and does not want to hypothesize anything, but it certainly would offer an exponential increase in air defense capabilities with a system already in production and operational today."

I add that it is a system that is almost all in one, radar and launcher, perfect to be installed on various naval platforms in use today without extending the modification and adaptation work to the ship.
But let's try to hypothesize if it is installed on a specific version of standard size containers of those for maritime use, completely autonomous for electricity and operator command post, and, moreover, embarkable when needed on different types of military or commercial ships.
But I repeat my photoshop was just a curiosity.

I think it is possible to set up the rotating luncher turret of 3rd khordad air defence system with three missile in iranian big size Zulfiqar or siraj class speed boat

Last edited:
In this video they seem to be highly professional in their actions, however I still can't understand why they didn't close Iran's airspace to passenger planes during the missile strike on Al Asad base. Even after other countries took the precautions, still they didn't. Maybe overconfidence ? Considering everything, I'm pretty sure it was the fault of one or two air defense operators who panicked.

I doubt that a command and control center like the one seen the in video could have given the order since they would have seen the plane on their radar. I'm also doubting if the operator(s) who launched those deadly missiles got approval from above before taking action. At that point, Iran's air defense units were probably on high alert ? Perhaps they were told to fire at will at any threatening object ?

Another thing I can't understand to this day is how the operators could not tell the difference between an incoming missile / fighter jet and an outbound passenger plane. The speeds at which they travel, the altitudes are significantly different. The plane must have also been following a route as well so its just baffling. Didn't they see it taking off from the airport on their radar ? More than likely someone did not follow their protocol and/or panicked badly.

In this video they seem to be highly professional in their actions, however I still can't understand why they didn't close Iran's airspace to passenger planes during the missile strike on Al Asad base. Even after other countries took the precautions, still they didn't. Maybe overconfidence ? Considering everything, I'm pretty sure it was the fault of one or two air defense operators who panicked.

I doubt that a command and control center like the one seen the in video could have given the order since they would have seen the plane on their radar. I'm also doubting if the operator(s) who launched those deadly missiles got approval from above before taking action. At that point, Iran's air defense units were probably on high alert ? Perhaps they were told to fire at will at any threatening object ?

Another thing I can't understand to this day is how the operators could not tell the difference between an incoming missile / fighter jet and an outbound passenger plane. The speeds at which they travel, the altitudes are significantly different. The plane must have also been following a route as well so its just baffling. Didn't they see it taking off from the airport on their radar ? More than likely someone did not follow their protocol and/or panicked badly.

Do you undrestand how 6 am on an icey morning, someone was filming the exect spot where the missile hit the plane???

Do you undrestand how 6 am on an icey morning, someone was filming the exect spot where the missile hit the plane???
He filmed the second missile not the first one . he saw the first one and then get out his phone and start taking video.

Some time nice fotoshop, and altough I like the idea, I think the IRIN will go for VLS. I think there could be a chance that the Sina-class sized FAC could be fielded with 3rd khordad system with reloads.

I don't know if there is enough space on the Sina class FACs, but I think it is perhaps more appropriate on some large supply ships, for example the Bandar Abbas class.
Here I have fantasized by installing the system on a standard container, so that I can quickly put it in case of need indifferently on one or another ship, for example, when a ship is in port after a long mission so as to be subjected to the necessary restoration works , the system can be moved to another ship that has to leave on a mission.

HyvcP6k.jpg

Really???
And he just sent it to American anti Iran groups straightaway?

Yes, Tehran province has over 20 million people. So yes one person will be awake and walking at 6 am. It’s like saying is it weird that there was someone walking at 5 am in NYC? Of course not.

Also the person didn’t send it to anti iran groups they posted on social media. So yes in this day and age when people see something surprising they will post on social media. I’m not sure the person knew what he was exactly filming during chaos of war. I doubt he had intelligence to think An AD system shot down a plane.

Yeah its very unusual. And the Iranian government claiming they they shot down the plane? I don't believe it. I think it was some anti-Iranian government that claimed it. And not the official one.

I don't know if there is enough space on the Sina class FACs, but I think it is perhaps more appropriate on some large supply ships, for example the Bandar Abbas class.
Here I have fantasized by installing the system on a standard container, so that I can quickly put it in case of need indifferently on one or another ship, for example, when a ship is in port after a long mission so as to be subjected to the necessary restoration works , the system can be moved to another ship that has to leave on a mission.

HyvcP6k.jpg

Expect the 3rd Khordad radar to be used if they think an "air defense FAC" concept is a good idea.

But I then expect Sayyad-2's as missile, with their airtight containers, that solves the saltwater environment issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom