What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Very possibly,however one should never underestimate the stupidity or recklessness of neo fascists like chump.
None the less despite any risk of war this assassination must be answered in kind,as any failure to do so would cause the collapse of the system of regional deterrence that iran has spent the last 30 years constructing and which its national security rests upon.

They knew Iran would want to retaliate, they want conflict because they are being chased out of Syria and Iraq by Iranians. And 2020 was going to be the year the US troops leave Iraq. To prevent that, US wanted to stage chaos in Iraq.

First Syria, then Iraq and then Iran. That is the idea. And anybody who attacks Israhell, gets nuked.

The goal was to bring democracy to Iraq and have US bases in Iraq. The fact that the Parliament chose anti-Americanism is the victory, the US loses the whole 2003 war with this. They want a re-do, this time, the Iraqi people are going to be the enemy. Anything that moves in Iraq is going to be shot at when the Amerikan draft army arrives.

This is too risky for Iran to retaliate if the US leaves.

You have to divide the base of trump for the 2020 election, you get them to revolt against trump by demanding US to leave and trump time and again refusing to leave. 25% of trump's base are young pro-Putin end the wars voters. They are beginning to hate trump now. trump can't win in 2020 if trump stays, and Iran and Iraq stay hot demanding US troops to leave.

How can US attack Iran if Washington can't attack through Iraq. Everyplace else is guarded by AShM. Iran is safe with a free Iraq.

Last edited:
All AD sites should be hot and ready. Lets just hope that the initial barrage of ballistic missiles on airbases degrades US airpower enough for AD systems to mop up the rest.

All AD sites should be hot and ready. Lets just hope that the initial barrage of ballistic missiles on airbases degrades US airpower enough for AD systems to mop up the rest.

Spent all that money playing around with F-5 clones instead of buying some decent interceptors in the 90’s or building one with a massive national focus like Bavar-373 project

Spent all that money playing around with F-5 clones instead of buying some decent interceptors in the 90’s or building one with a massive national focus like Bavar-373 project

F-5 clones were baby projects that barely absorbed much of the defence industry budget. Apart from a SHORAD system which is under development, Iran's AD shield is basically complete. Let's just hope that enough were mass produced to cover enough surface area in Iran to defend their assets. And I think Mesbah systems can fulfill the SHORAD role against cruise missiles.

F-5 clones were baby projects that barely absorbed much of the defence industry budget. Apart from a SHORAD system which is under development, Iran's AD shield is basically complete. Let's just hope that enough were mass produced to cover enough surface area in Iran to defend their assets. And I think Mesbah systems can fulfill the SHORAD role against cruise missiles.

Need tons of automatic skyguard rings, if I were Iran I would have built skyguard rings progressively from the border all the way to central Iran.

In the end it becomes a game of “tower defense strategy”.

skyguard AAs are relatively lower tech, but automation make them Able to intercept a lot of cannon fodder anything that gets through Would be picked up by the next ring and anything that gets through that by the next ring until finally reaching the more capable AD missile rings.

Need tons of automatic skyguard rings, if I were Iran I would have built skyguard rings progressively from the border all the way to central Iran.

In the end it becomes a game of “tower defense strategy”.

skyguard AAs are relatively lower tech, but automation make them Able to intercept a lot of cannon fodder anything that gets through Would be picked up by the next ring and anything that gets through that by the next ring until finally reaching the more capable AD missile rings.

I remember @AmirPatriot review of Iran AD coverage over a yr ago, there were a lot of domestically produced systems deployed. I don't know how it looks now and I don't want to find out for obvious reasons but I hope tensions since the nuclear deal pull out they increased production to address concerns. Iran does appear to operate and manufacture/upgrade Skyguard systems.

Ideally Iran should have

12 battalions of Bavar-373

12 battalions of Khordad-15

12 battalions of 3rd of Khordad

Hundreds of Iranian "Pantsir/Tor" equivalent to defend critical infrastructure against cruise missile strikes.

Back
Top Bottom