What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Short ranges and mountains involved make an effective airdefense system for Hezbollah difficult. Plus ECM capabilities of the Israelis further complicates things...

I would recommend this: Seraj passive TI "radar" plus the active radar seeker variant of the SD-2 launched from a single launch container van.
- No emission
- lowest possible footprint
- high engagement altitude
- can use Syrian IADS information

The problem with this is, that self-defense ECM and decoys are effecive against ARH SAM... hence it is mainly useful for sudden ambushes.

All other systems have emissions or can be countered by higher altitude.

I'm quite sure the Hezbollah has this capability.

Short ranges and mountains involved make an effective airdefense system for Hezbollah difficult. Plus ECM capabilities of the Israelis further complicates things...

I would recommend this: Seraj passive TI "radar" plus the active radar seeker variant of the SD-2 launched from a single launch container van.
- No emission
- lowest possible footprint
- high engagement altitude
- can use Syrian IADS information

The problem with this is, that self-defense ECM and decoys are effecive against ARH SAM... hence it is mainly useful for sudden ambushes.

All other systems have emissions or can be countered by higher altitude.

I'm quite sure the Hezbollah has this capability.

passive guidance ones i guess. ya zahra, raad IN-RED version and maybe some of raad/3rd khordad ones. static systems do not make sense for them.

i will say its from Tabbas or 3 of Khordad family they want an shot and forget type of system that can work independent like all in one systems and the main radar can stay in place for missile to hit its target for the missile to not get distracted by decoys and i think Sayyad family has been proven that they are effective against self-defense ECM capabilities of enemy target in some extent, and then it can disappear as fast as it can. but as you said those system were not built for mountain regions in mind. or Iran has built a new system just for them it make sense for Iran to put the money and time to it

Dj3JcYHX0AEFlkh.jpg

Dj3JlfiWsAAqdDS.jpg

Back in 1950’s/1960’s you would had to have manned high altitude supersonic recon planes fly over to take such pictures.

Now some armchair general can sit in front of us computer and order satellite shots or use public source channels.

How far technology has come.

i will say its from Tabbas or 3 of Khordad family they want an shot and forget type of system that can work independent like all in one systems and the main radar can stay in place for missile to hit its target for the missile to not get distracted by decoys and i think Sayyad family has been proven that they are effective against self-defense ECM capabilities of enemy target in some extent, and then it can disappear as fast as it can. but as you said those system were not built for mountain regions in mind. or Iran has built a new system just for them it make sense for Iran to put the money and time to it

They were built for mountain regions, there is a picture of a 3rd Khordad system sitting on top of a mountain!

The issue is not the system, but the opponent! Israel will use the mountain valleys to protect their plane because radar can’t go through mountains! So the system is effectively blind till the opponent “pop” ups again.

However, what HZ will do is use manpads/shoulder fired missiles and once a fighter dips into the valley the manpads will fire and then the jet if lucky will escape (if not it will get hit and go down due to low reaction time).

If it is able to escape it will attempt to scramble higher while deploying flares/ECM, in which case it is now exposed and will then be met with a SAM.

Two pronged attack ambush.

this suppose to be the latest? how about 15 of khordad? which is the best?

no its not the best but its the fastest you tell 3th of Khordad that you found a target and 5 mints later 3th of Khordad will be there lucked on the target fires a missile at the target and leaves the area, its that fast, no one will ever know where the system came in from nor will they know where did it go. 15th of Khordad is more advance but it will not be that mobile.

Bavar_373 will be our best its more powerful then S300 PMU 2

no its not the best but its the fastest you tell 3th of Khordad that you found a target and 5 mints later 3th of Khordad will be there lucked on the target fires a missile at the target and leaves the area, its that fast, no one will ever know where the system came in from nor will they know where did it go. 15th of Khordad is more advance but it will not be that mobile.

Bavar_373 will be our best its more powerful then S300 PMU 2
when you look at the specification both 3rd Khordad and 15 khordad have the same prepration time
but honnestly as the aircraft fly a lot faster than cars , you can't use the scenario you mentioned , you either have airdefence in the area or you don't have. the benefit of faster prepration is that after engaging enemy fighter you can change your position faster and increase the survivability of the system

when you look at the specification both 3rd Khordad and 15 khordad have the same prepration time
but honnestly as the aircraft fly a lot faster than cars , you can't use the scenario you mentioned , you either have airdefence in the area or you don't have. the benefit of faster prepration is that after engaging enemy fighter you can change your position faster and increase the survivability of the system

agreed yes what i mean is that you hide your system near the borders and radars in that scenario it will work well. but 15th of Khordad is much bigger it can not work as all in one system it will bring its fire control and radars with it for that its not as mobile as 3rd Khordad.

Iran IRGC Navy Gets pollution reduction, protection chemical, biological & radiological weapons

well well what do we have here

Two weeks after U.S. Cyber Command hit Iran's command and control structure in the aftermath of the downing of a U.S. surveillance drone, came its warning that an Iranian-led hack was targeting the millions of unpatched Microsoft Outlook systems.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...anger-is-keeping-us-up-at-night/#50eab8271061

U.S. Military Warns Outlook Users To Update Immediately Over Hack Linked To Iran

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...f-malicious-hack-linked-to-iran/#29eea31626fd

Back
Top Bottom