What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...iran-s-400-missiles-request-amid-gulf-tension

Russia rejected Irans S-400 AD system request:

What do you guys make of this?
There could be many reasons. Here are what I think:

• With S-400, Iran can theoretically shoot down US, Emirate's and KSA's jets well inside Arabian peninsula. That could increase the tensions even more and increase the chance of a war as a result of miscalculations
  • Russia and Iran are allies in some respects and competitors in others. For example, despite what it seems, Russia should be more than happy about recent sanctions on Iran. Reason is, Iran was working on an oil pipeline that would pass through Iraq and Syria and move Iran's crude oil and gas to Mediterranean sea. That would be a big problem for Russia as it would lose its monopolistic position as the sole owner of oil pipe to Europe. So Russia will do its best to maintain the status quo and make sure Iran doesn't become too strong.
  • Iran is opening a new naval base in Syria right next to those of Russia. Russia is not happy about this as it would mean more possible attacks from Israel on those areas and possibility of casualties in the crossfire. And again this would help Iran even more with the above pipeline plan. So it may be a show of discontent from Russian side.
I think Iran is technically advanced enough to build its own AD. Even less complicated local product is preferred to a high-tech imported one in my opinion.

Any significant type of EMP is created by a thermonuclear explosion. So please explain to us how Iran would be exposed to “extensive use” of EMPs.

https://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/emp.htm

This site has simple table comparing effect of an EMP source type weapon vs nuclear weapon vs natural emp sources (solar flare). As you can see EMP source weapons (ex CHAMP) effect range is either severely reduced to non existent.

Also explains how to insulate electronics against an EMP attack.

EMP shouldn’t be a major concern for Iran, instead cyber attacks on critical infastructure is much more probable threat.
Although I am no expert in this field I know at the component level they try to protect the inputs of a CMOS device by special diode arrangements.. This is at the chip level..same at the card level and they use enclosure shielding at the box level..same goes for the cabling extensive shielding and that includes the power sources...the buildings housing sensitive equipments. Are also shielded...all of this costs lots of money and makes equipments heavier and difficult to repair...so if Emp is not a significant issue they must be crazy...I like to hear from anyone who has any expertise on this.. Why...because this is one weapon that if you have it you will keep it very quiet..

• With S-400, Iran can theoretically shoot down US, Emirate's and KSA's jets well inside Arabian peninsula. That could increase the tensions even more and increase the chance of a war as a result of miscalculations
  • Russia and Iran are allies in some respects and competitors in others. For example, despite what it seems, Russia should be more than happy about recent sanctions on Iran. Reason is, Iran was working on an oil pipeline that would pass through Iraq and Syria and move Iran's crude oil and gas to Mediterranean sea. That would be a big problem for Russia as it would lose its monopolistic position as the sole owner of oil pipe to Europe. So Russia will do its best to maintain the status quo and make sure Iran doesn't become too strong.
  • Iran is opening a new naval base in Syria right next to those of Russia. Russia is not happy about this as it would mean more possible attacks from Israel on those areas and possibility of casualties in the crossfire. And again this would help Iran even more with the above pipeline plan. So it may be a show of discontent from Russian side.
I think Iran is technically advanced enough to build its own AD. Even less complicated local product is preferred to a high-tech imported one in my opinion.
There is one more reason.....Russia does not want to be identified as being hostile to sunni Arab population...they have large sunni population and they see no reason to make enemies out of sunnies..they have plans to sell them lots of equipment..this reason has been identified by many Russian exper

Although I am no expert in this field I know at the component level they try to protect the inputs of a CMOS device by special diode arrangements.. This is at the chip level..same at the card level and they use enclosure shielding at the box level..same goes for the cabling extensive shielding and that includes the power sources...the buildings housing sensitive equipments. Are also shielded...all of this costs lots of money and makes equipments heavier and difficult to repair...so if Emp is not a significant issue they must be crazy...I like to hear from anyone who has any expertise on this.. Why...because this is one weapon that if you have it you will keep it very quiet..

There is one more reason.....Russia does not want to be identified as being hostile to sunni Arab population...they have large sunni population and they see no reason to make enemies out of sunnies..they have plans to sell them lots of equipment..this reason has been identified by many Russian exper
well the protection youre saying will cost twice the original power grid.

2 days ago air defence unit became part of the Army

ارتقای عملیاتی قرارگاه پدافند هوایی خاتم‌الانبیا با تشکیل نیروی چهارم ارتش

http://defapress.ir/fa/news/348406/...-هوایی-خاتم‌الانبیا-با-تشکیل-نیروی-چهارم-ارتش

726587_365.png

726586_573.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...iran-s-400-missiles-request-amid-gulf-tension

Russia only provides S-400 and other high tech weapon systems to banana countries like Turkey and Persian Gulf Arabs.

And some naive individuals on this board thought that one day Russia would be selling SU-35 to Iran once weapons embargoes are up. Russia is arguing that a DEFENSIVE weapon system is going to stroke tensions. What kind of logic is that. But of course Saudi Arabia’s purchase of THAAD does not? Lol like I said Russia is a joke.

One thing is clear, Russia will not upset Israel or the US or the Arab countries. Only reason they gave the S-300 to Iran, was they were facing high penalty (billions in fines) for breach of contract in International Court.

Russia is on a slow path to its own destruction. Putin has done nothing but slowly erode and destroy any integrity this once great power had. He will soon be gone due to term limits and then US/NATO will tear that country to pieces like they did to Ukraine.

I agree with Iran seeking S-400. They didn’t purchase enough S-300 systems for a country the size of Iran and Bavar 373 is unproven.

Russia only provides S-400 and other high tech weapon systems to banana countries like Turkey and Persian Gulf Arabs.

And some naive individuals on this board thought that one day Russia would be selling SU-35 to Iran once weapons embargoes are up. Russia is arguing that a DEFENSIVE weapon system is going to stroke tensions. What kind of logic is that. But of course Saudi Arabia’s purchase of THAAD does not? Lol like I said Russia is a joke.

One thing is clear, Russia will not upset Israel or the US or the Arab countries. Only reason they gave the S-300 to Iran, was they were facing high penalty (billions in fines) for breach of contract in International Court.

Russia is on a slow path to its own destruction. Putin has done nothing but slowly erode and destroy any integrity this once great power had. He will soon be gone due to term limits and then US/NATO will tear that country to pieces like they did to Ukraine.

I agree with Iran seeking S-400. They didn’t purchase enough S-300 systems for a country the size of Iran and Bavar 373 is unproven.

I don't have a high opinion of Russians personally...That's all I have to really ad to this since I agree with you for the most part.

We should either be with West or East.. If Zarif is doing his best to promote relations with Europe we can't be stragic allies with East anymore..

Anyway our story is repeating again.. During Iran-Iraq war nor East or West sold us weapons.

At this time we should work on Bavar-373.

I don't have a high opinion of Russians personally...That's all I have to really ad to this since I agree with you for the most part.
Agreed,the russians are totally worthless politically and economically,but then they always were,so this isnt exactly a new phenomenon I`m afraid.
Considering both russias political untrustworthiness and economic unreliability Iran should be looking to ween itself off of russian nuclear fuel for bushehr as soon as possible,and the tearing up of the jcpoa would allow iran to do this by massively increasing its enrichment program,in addition this would also provide iran with large quantities of spent fuel to reprocess and from which acquire the plutonium which could be used for mox fuel...or other things..
Ultimately both irans security and the future that that security guarantees lays in irans hands...and no one elses.

All Russian sources today reported that it's fake news and that Russia didn't receive orders from Iran for the S-400.
https://www.interfax.ru/world/663202
https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/6493585

Moreover, Iran itself has previously (in 2016) stated that it does not plan to order the C-400 ..

“The Russian side has offered the S-400 systems to Iran,” said the minister, according to Tasnim News Agency of Iran. “But we don’t have plans to purchase them.”
https://news.am/eng/news/342609.html

All Russian sources today reported that it's fake news and that Russia didn't receive orders from Iran for the S-400.

Moreover, Iran itself has previously (in 2016) stated that it does not plan to order the C-400 ..

“The Russian side has offered the S-400 systems to Iran,” said the minister, according to Tasnim News Agency of Iran. “But we don’t have plans to purchase them.”
This news was the continuation of the same ongoing psyops of the past weeks.
Obviously the goal was the morale of Iranian people.

Of course Russia would deny the reports, it makes them look like an unreliable supplier in future arms deals with other countries.

Fact is they still haven’t delivered Yak-130’s to Syria and withheld S-300 for years from Syria and only gave it to Syria after Israel publically embarrassed them by causing the shot down of an Russian military aircraft.

History shows Russia’s actions

This news was the continuation of the same ongoing psyops of the past weeks.
Obviously the goal was the morale of Iranian people.

Yeah it’s not like since 1990’s Russia has violated multiple arms deals with Iran.

Some of you need to get your head out of the sand, if you think Russia will ever be a true ally to Iran.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom